Black screen on 2011 Ford Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black screen on 2011 Ford Explorer.

shell53

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Augustine,Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I am taking my Ford Explorer 2011 in for the fourth time since April with the navigation screen totally inoperable. Anyone else having this problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes theres a problem with the explorers.. its a my touch issue I believe. Usually we just reprogram the mytouch and let it going there will be a new update for my touch in a few months. Hopefully.

There is a new version of My Ford Touch (MFT) version 2.11 which automatically reboots the system when there are issues.

For the time being, you can pull fuse 29 and then put it back in - should force a reboot which should fix your problem. Search the forum to find out the location of fuse 29 if you need help. You will know it worked when the system shows "performing maintenance"

Mine is at the dealer for the 7th time for similar issues. They have had it for a total of 31 days. Lemon Law process started.

Rental car place at the dealership has had 4 Explorers and all 4 have had the screens go out.

Rental car rep told me that the MFT issues have been driving the service department nuts!

I tried to find the fuse box the other day to clear my black screen - first one in 11,000 miles that didn't clear itself.

I gave up trying to find the fuse box under where the driver's feet go, so just unhooked the batteries negative cable. Worked like a charm.

Yeah, its so much easier to just pull the battery. My mft has been working pretty good, but the gps sucks and can't track me most of the time.

There is a new version of My Ford Touch (MFT) version 2.11 which automatically reboots the system when there are issues.

For the time being, you can pull fuse 29 and then put it back in - should force a reboot which should fix your problem. Search the forum to find out the location of fuse 29 if you need help. You will know it worked when the system shows "performing maintenance"

Yes this will work as well. does basically the same thing that i do when i reprogram them at work.

Back