• Register Today It's free!

HID Headlights

JCredo

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Is it possible to install HID lights on the XLT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes. There are extensive threads on this in both this forum and the modified 2011 forum. Under the modified they have it broken down into what kits were used and each persons impressions.

Use the search function to find the threads, it's easy to use and in all should take less time than it took to make this post.

I haven't tried them yet because it takes a bit more modification than I care for so I don't have any personal experience with them.

I have them on. I bought them after the market.

i just converted mine with one of these hid kits and the results are unbelievable, the kit installed in literally 15 minutes and the output is out of this world. shipping was quick i ordered on friday night and had them at my door on monday.

the distance and spread are amazing and the output is more then i ever hoped for. next are the fogs.

I have just about every option on my Limited. This is the only option I don't have that I wish I did.

I have just about every option on my Limited. This is the only option I don't have that I wish I did.
I was really surprised to read that Bill. On the Canadian 2011 Limited model, HID headlamps are standard equipment.

302A package has the HIDs. They are decent, but my old car had better low beams. The hi beams are insane, though.

302A package has the HIDs. They are decent, but my old car had better low beams. The hi beams are insane, though.
In Canada, the 340A (Spec 302A) is the only package choice available for the Limited. That is why all our Limiteds come with HID. In my previous '09 Highlander I used the Philips X-treme Power Bulbs and they perfomed as well as the HIDs I have now, in my opinion.

I was really surprised to read that Bill. On the Canadian 2011 Limited model, HID headlamps are standard equipment.

Correct, I did not get the additional 302 package (maybe another +$2,000) on my Limited. I did not want self parking (that's crazy, I can do that myself!) and the Adaptive Cruise Control (would have been nice but not really necessary) and the HIDS (like I said, I'd like to have this part). It was all bundled together.

The adaptive cruise control is absolutely awesome. It works flawlessly and really inpressed me.

Back