Carlovers Desert Beater Build | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

Well im starting to source parts and gather up some good stuff. I figured id start a thread just to show everyone that the ideas are. Should be a pretty fun setup when done. Everything will be being built by Brandon at BTF Fab.

The rear will be a 4 link with a panhard bar and cantilever coilovers. Shooting for around 20" of rear travel. Full size van 9", and should be around 3.5" wider per side than stock

Front will be a BTF front setup more than likely with a fully fabbed spindle with d44 hubs and uniball upper and lowers. Should pull around 16-17" of travel. Will be around 5" wider a side than stock.

It will be a fairly slow build due to finances. It will be built in stages obviously and should take around 12-16 months to be fully complete.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The front clip has been on for a few weeks, and the rear glass is almost on.

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

...I think I just wet myself...:D

And to think you Finished it at this point before Iz finished his :p: :D

Were is the IAT/MAF sonsor on a 98' ranger 3.0l?

You must not know how a forum works.

Anyway, looks freakin awesome Sean! Can't wait for that ride in t-haven!

Thanks, i have a few short videos but they arent very good quality as they are shot on my brothers cell phone. ill be taking it out again soon and gonna dedicate someone to only gets vids and actions shots if they want a ride hahaha.

That's good and bad. :)

Good because you know Brandon's work is top notch. Bad, because now comes the modded v8, then you'll find a weakness in the suspension and redo that. Never ending cycle, unless you"settle" with one or the other. The better plan is let the motor be too slow for the suspension as I'm sure you know. :D

Ohhh yes i know this lol, or should i say have learned this the hard way. A modded v8 means needing a 35 0r 40 spline full floater, better front hubs, bigger front bypasses, new front steering setup etc etc. Im thinking either a SOHC, or a pretty much stock 97-2001 explorer 302. For now though im going to fix a few of the weak links and enjoy using it.

Thread is inspirational... great fab work overall your desert beater is insane! Ditto on the action shots I'd like to see that puppy tearn' it up brother.

Back