• Register Today It's free!

Springs? Will they fit?

Jeffbethandkidz

Reaction score
City, State
Gypsum, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie Bauer
A buddy of mine is offering to sell me some 5 1/2 inch lift springs he took off the front of his 94 Cherokee. Will they fit in a first gen explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not without a few mods...

What exactly are you looking to get out of them? Just lift? (and if so, how much?) Or something more?

I wanna swap a D44 out of an early bronco w/ the radius rod setup...wondered if these springs would work with that...

i think youll findout theyre not long enough and too bouncy id try to find some early bronco lift coils

I wanna swap a D44 out of an early bronco w/ the radius rod setup...wondered if these springs would work with that...

Yeah they might not be enough lift for the pumpkin on that to clear your frame crossmember (you need about 6" minimum lift, those coils are more likely to come out around 4-5").

Also, be aware, an early Bronco D44 is somewhat of a downgrade from your stock axle unless you put better shafts in it that have the same u-joints you have now in your D35. Those coils alone (well, maybe a steering swap also) are really all you need assuming better flex is what you're after.

Back