George Washington Nation Forest Run, 9/24/11 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

George Washington Nation Forest Run, 9/24/11

JD I would not feel bad about not being able to coast over the sand at the entrance of Oregon Inlet. When I was down there a couple weeks after you guys, I saw several 4x4 have trouble, and I even had to air down to 20 psi to bet through it. It got so rough that I got axle hop in anything but low rang 1st gear.
what days? i wanna see if any pics of you are on facebook. :)

Just went out at Oregon inlet an hour ago and I almost got stuck coming back out but I didn't air down...
just keep rubbing it in jds face :)
if i had tried 4x4 when we were down there i wouldve made it too. corolla was easy both times ive went in 4x4

i think im back to installing the rough country lift. the free d44 is passenger side drop, i heard 'free d44' and got so excited i didnt even notice it :/
it would take to much work to make it drivers drop and rebuilt it and convert the hubs so its going on craigslist

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Almost?;) so what's up with camping for this trip?when and where you trying to camp?

Yes almost I had to drop first gear and mash the gas and eventually got moving again... I'm down to camp wherever I agree about not wanting to set up twice ill come Friday and camp with ya jd anyone else camping? We can camp wherever I don't care preferably somewhere secure or somewhat secure...

Your problem with setting up camping once is that the best places to camp are near the trail head. The trail end is not very close to the trail head, at least a 30-minute ride. If that is not a problem, then you have a solution.

I have not talked to my buddy spike, he may be interested in going up on Friday and camping on his property. I will try to talk to him this weekend and get him to respond to this thread.

Your problem with setting up camping once is that the best places to camp are near the trail head. The trail end is not very close to the trail head, at least a 30-minute ride. If that is not a problem, then you have a solution.

I have not talked to my buddy spike, he may be interested in going up on Friday and camping on his property. I will try to talk to him this weekend and get him to respond to this thread.

Sounds fine to me I'm cool with that if that's what we all do
On a side note I was just evacuated from the obx but thought I'd post a pic I know jd will love to see..... Anything is possible LOL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56555228@N05/6082868692/

Sounds fine to me I'm cool with that if that's what we all do
On a side note I was just evacuated from the obx but thought I'd post a pic I know jd will love to see..... Anything is possible LOL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56555228@N05/6082868692/

Hahahahahahha!!yea im good with whatever. Only reason i said camp at the lake because its secure and have restrooms and may be others there.and im trying to go up Fri

you made my "I" and "A" uppercase but not the "U" in your post? lol :p

what, what? that im not sure if im going? if i have to drive myself, idk. if i ride with someone, sure.
but going myself, i need to mess with it some and see if i can afford gas

I
you made my "I" and "A" uppercase but not the "U" in your post? lol :p

what, what? that im not sure if im going? if i have to drive myself, idk. if i ride with someone, sure.
but going myself, i need to mess with it some and see if i can afford gas

I hear that my generator is sucking mine up... This has been a rough week got evacuated came home lost power then luckily got off today and came back after a half hour to find a crisp surge protector and my hardwood floor charred..... wtf
I'll make it there hopefully with new tires but ill come bone stock if I have to..anyone know where a money tree is...

Yea, they fell on my house during the storm.

Yea, they fell on my house during the storm.

Oh crap, no good!.. how bad is it?

Anyways, I'm for sure in. I took off and so did the GF, we'll definitely be going so long as it's still happening. Might have to bum some gas money off her but we'll see.. :D:p:

Unclemeat are you and FishFood riding up there together? If so, can I get in on this convoy?

Oh crap, no good!.. how bad is it?

Anyways, I'm for sure in. I took off and so did the GF, we'll definitely be going so long as it's still happening. Might have to bum some gas money off her but we'll see.. :D:p:

Unclemeat are you and FishFood riding up there together? If so, can I get in on this convoy?

What day are you planning on going up?and are you camping?

I have that friday and saturday off.. so I couuldd go up friday and camp the night. However I haven't been keeping up with the thread, I don't know what everyone is doing yet.

I have that friday and saturday off.. so I couuldd go up friday and camp the night. However I haven't been keeping up with the thread, I don't know what everyone is doing yet.

Me and will are going up Fri and camping Fri and sat.i wanna camp at the lake so we can have showers and toilets

Me and will are going up Fri and camping Fri and sat.i wanna camp at the lake so we can have showers and toilets

Yeah showers are great we can meet at my house if anyone wants I'm two miles from 95/295 just a thought I hate convoys but would do it with a bunch of explorers...lol
Got my 1.5" body lift on now I need to order tires asap

Yeah showers are great we can meet at my house if anyone wants I'm two miles from 95/295 just a thought I hate convoys but would do it with a bunch of explorers...lol
Got my 1.5" body lift on now I need to order tires asap

Sweet.yea don't think i can go two days in the mud without a shower.i down to met at or near your house.i work a half day Fri so im going to try and leave by 2 or earlier. Yea just ordered my front 4.88s and Aussie locker,$570!!!still gota get my drive shafts lengthened

Sweet.yea don't think i can go two days in the mud without a shower.i down to met at or near your house.i work a half day Fri so im going to try and leave by 2 or earlier. Yea just ordered my front 4.88s and Aussie locker,$570!!!still gota get my drive shafts lengthened

:thumbsup:
I want to see what that thing is really capable of... Hell maybe you'll even show me up this trip LOL
I never work past two but am usually off around noon and i work mon tues Thursday and fri...
Figured my place has plenty of parking and is about half way for you itd be a good place to let the x cool down...etc ;)

Yea don't plan on getting pulled out by a stock truck this time!!;)if anyone has any stock auto hubs they can bring would be nice.im still running auto hubs so i plan on breaking mine or trying hahah.also im tight on money also so ill be bringing some ammo but not alt so if anyone wants to do some serious shooting they might want to bring some ammo.im bringing my ak.223 &ak.308 both ak eat ammo very quick,i got 100 round drums hahahaha;)

Yea don't plan on getting pulled out by a stock truck this time!!;)if anyone has any stock auto hubs they can bring would be nice.im still running auto hubs so i plan on breaking mine or trying hahah.also im tight on money also so ill be bringing some ammo but not alt so if anyone wants to do some serious shooting they might want to bring some ammo.im bringing my ak.223 &ak.308 both ak eat ammo very quick,i got 100 round drums hahahaha;)

Drum mags rock I was about to ask if i got some ammo if i could test them out.... lol u read my mind will have to pick some up...
Lol i have 1.5" bl so I can still pull u out if needed LOL honestly shouldn't need to pull anyone provided the trails haven't been rutted up and everyone knows how to drive/pick good lines

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Drum mags rock I was about to ask if i got some ammo if i could test them out.... lol u read my mind will have to pick some up...
Lol i have 1.5" bl so I can still pull u out if needed LOL honestly shouldn't need to pull anyone provided the trails haven't been rutted up and everyone knows how to drive/pick good lines

Yea anyone is free to shoot them.need to break them in.yea im going to try all the hard stuff and maybe find some other spots.

Back