Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!!

Were missing some other regulars. :scratch:

Where for art tho..

Sparksaflyin, Yellowford, Benjiman, Turdle, Dkchrist, 88comingup, Meangene, SVO42 & Goldilocks, ?????

Speak-eth Up-eth!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:popcorn:

I have a feeling my ranger is taking on V-Notch on this trip o it will be great!!

I should easily make this run since Halloween night will on a monday... And carter has been asking to go back since I got my t-case replaced. So count me in. May even take the little guy out of school Friday and head down that day.

I 2nd the day off school on Friday, I will be taking off Friday also. :)

I think I will get one of those pop ups again. That was pretty simple to put up and take down. Plus they have a heater in them, I just did not see it when we froze our ***** off last time.

I have a feeling my ranger is taking on V-Notch on this trip o it will be great!!

I have an extra tow hook for ya. :p:

Glad to see ya chime in here Chad. :thumbsup:

I will just bring the big indoor kerosene heater along again. It worked great with a tarp over the tent, the last time it was a bit chilly out. Hard to even think about it being cold at night as hot as it has been around here for so long :crazy:

dont know about you guys, but im itchn bad to get out on trails. Like real bad, kinda going crazy!!

yep, im gunna try and slip in a trip sooner. If anyone else wants to join tha I will post up, when, which Im not sure yet . :)

Were missing some other regulars. :scratch:

Where for art tho..

Sparksaflyin, Yellowford, Benjiman, Turdle, Dkchrist, 88comingup, Meangene, SVO42 & Goldilocks, ?????

Speak-eth Up-eth!!!

I haven't gotten to do any wheeling all summer due to the ranger that is constantly breaking, if I can get more stuff fixed or it sold for something reliable I will try to be down there in something.

You can put me on the maybe list, it depends on the checkbook and how long it takes steve to get the 5speed swap parts gathered up and sent out

I haven't gotten to do any wheeling all summer due to the ranger that is constantly breaking, if I can get more stuff fixed or it sold for something reliable I will try to be down there in something.
Thats just SAD! Your 1st gen was awesome, Did you sell it? Hope you make it, really do!
You can put me on the maybe list, it depends on the checkbook and how long it takes steve to get the 5speed swap parts gathered up and sent out

If Steve gets the parts to you, your pocketbook will be heavier. :D
Then we will meet you there. :thumbsup:

Anyone wants to prerun with us, I'm setting up camp this friday night the 2nd, Gmanpaint joining on Saturday. I will be heading out Sunday to do some dirtbiking on some sweet trails nearby.

Thats just SAD! Your 1st gen was awesome, Did you sell it? Hope you make it, really do!

It donated its trans to the ranger and a few other parts were pulled off of it, then it went to the scrapper. Parents weren't too happy about it sitting in their garage anymore.
298495_2176959181999_1187430038_32481213_921519_n.jpg

I forgot how cold it was last year at the halloween run, I froze my butt off.

Hope you at least kept or sold those aluminum wheels seperate and gutted and kept spare axle shafts??? LOL

If Steve gets the parts to you, your pocketbook will be heavier. :D
Then we will meet you there. :thumbsup:

were working on getting the parts up here now, i wouldnt even consider driving it that far with the failing auto still in

were working on getting the parts up here now, i wouldnt even consider driving it that far with the failing auto still in

ok, ya guys.
what are ya trying to say, that i'm slow or some thing :p:
i got the parts gathered up, but it shows that you have the 4.o and i don't know how that is going to work out as the 4.0 has a 10 inch clutch and the 2.9 has an 8 3/4. maybe flywheel problems due to the weight of each other
you need to ckeck the weight of the fly wheels :thumbsup:

ok, ya guys.
what are ya trying to say, that i'm slow or some thing :p:
i got the parts gathered up, but it shows that you have the 4.o and i don't know how that is going to work out as the 4.0 has a 10 inch clutch and the 2.9 has an 8 3/4. maybe flywheel problems due to the weight of each other
you need to ckeck the weight of the fly wheels :thumbsup:

according to hollander interchange, i can use any clutch or flywheel from any 2.8, 2.9, or 4.0ohv, i have put a lot of research into my "frankentranny" project

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

according to hollander interchange, i can use any clutch or flywheel from any 2.8, 2.9, or 4.0ohv, i have put a lot of research into my "frankentranny" project

ok, hollander lied to me, i have to use a flywheel, clutch, and starter for the same engine, no mixing and matching. but it is common to run 4.0 flywheels on 2.9s over on TRS, so i dont see why i would have any problems doing the reverse

Back