• Register Today It's free!

Installed my billete grille.

TekMan05

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 5.0 V8
Just put the new billete grille in last night. When I originally ordered it off E-bay it was supposed to be a direct bolt in. Obviously that wasn't the case but I went ahead and installed it because the quality of the grille looked sturdy. Metal brackets and not plastic. So I knew the grille will last and the bugs will hate it.:D I instantly love the new look. Very freshened up and cleaned. I'm trying to decide if I want to leave the Ford emblem off OR get a larger one off the Newer F-Series trucks. Yay or nay?

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

Holding the original Emblem on
IMAG0239.jpg

Now The Beast and Stang are matching :thumbsup:
IMAG0240.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No on the larger emblem, that would look gaudy IMHO- they're way too big.

I'd leave it like it is with no emblem- looks nice!

hmm i was also looking at one of these on ebay. not a direct bolt in huh? i was thinking it sits in front of the original grill or do you have to cut the original out? the one i saw said no cutting required, what did you have to do... as far as the emblem id say you could go with the smaller one you have pictured ( which how did you mount it? ) which looks good, but i like the naked grill look.

You'll have to play with it a bit. When I installed mine, it looked like you could keep the plastic grill in place and bolt it in, however, the billet grill won't sit flush.

#### a ford emblem, do what the diesel guys do and rock a peterbuilt lol, but side question, where did you get your headlights? they look like a one piece? I want to get something similer to mine

That looks awesome! (Yea its a direct bolt-in after you cut out the old grill, line this one up, and drill the bolt holes:D)

I say yes on the Ford emblem. Not the big one, our front ends are too small for that. I do like the stock one on there though, maybe try in in the bottom corner or something? (Play with it:))

Maybe even do the emblem mod and paint it black or somehting.

#### a ford emblem, do what the diesel guys do and rock a peterbuilt lol, but side question, where did you get your headlights? they look like a one piece? I want to get something similer to mine

ebay has 1 piece projector headlights, several different styles :)

id like to get one of these grills but not if i have to hack out my old grill.

Hmmm I've never really looked I guess only for clear lenses, so are they judt for hid lights? Or can you still use normal bulb?

Like the grille, NO on the emblem. Looks great without it. Love the headlights, I think I want a pair. And nice Stang.

Do u have the link? I thought they used to be $299 or so.

Looks good Thomas. My Ford logo is aftermarket and is made for billet grilles. It's higher quality than OEM (solid metal). I found mine in a bargain bin in Wisconsin two summers ago. I like rockin' the Blue Oval. :)

retrofit-firstlook.jpg

thanks 4rd. Nada wrong with rockin the Ford logo, just doesnt look that good with the billet grille Tek posted. It definitely looks good on yours Celly, and where can I find that bargain basement! New rear hatch logo I bought doesnt seem to be holding up as well as the original (which still looked halfway decent after 15 years).

It definitely looks good on yours Celly, and where can I find that bargain basement! New rear hatch logo I bought doesnt seem to be holding up as well as the original (which still looked halfway decent after 15 years).

It was a "Grille Ware", but those billet logos went for around $50 new (overpriced, but high quality). I paid much less than 1/2 of that. They had more than one. I should have picked another one up.

It was in Milwaukee area, two summers ago. Sorry man.

grilleware2.jpg

Yes, THose projectors are one piece assemblies and I got mine from the seller in the first two links provided just the black casings. Those smokes look awesome if I had a black truck I'd definitely would prefer those. To make these projectors fit flush you might have to hack out the stock adjusters inside to make them fit. As far as my billet grille goes. I'm leaning on just leaving it be. Just like my Mustang it doesn't need an emblem. I like how Ford got ride of the emblems on the S197 Mustangs. It cleans them up and doesn't need it anyways. No one is going to mistake a mustang. Their reputation preceeds them. The same can be said for Explorers. Explorer's are kind of like the Mustang out of SUV's. Almost everyone has one. You can always find at least one on every neighborhood street block.

looking good

i say slap it on there in one corner, and paint it body color. but then again, my opinion is biased.

DSC07490nk_Medium_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Tekman,

Truck looks great!

Where did you get your grille? I'm looking for one for my ride.

B

Back