Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, the race is on. I took my old bumpers off and got measurements to make new ones. Hopefully my laser cutter isn't too busy so I can get parts in time to weld it all up! I also picked up a really "classy" trailer off craigslist I'm going to need to do some work to before I trust it to make the trip. It will definitely be a busy couple of weeks!

well, with 1 weekend left to work on my explorer, the crunch is on, currently its still all stock. Just sold the wheels off it last night on diff truck i had, so either cut get it lifted or do some trimming to fit at least my 31s, may just weld the rear and come all stock!!!

Brad? I thought you started working on it 2 weeks ago?

I managed to get everything done this past weekend, the rig is ready. Just need to go thru all the camping gear. I found some low priced Coleman propane tent heaters at the Army surplus store in the camping section. Going to pick a couple up. I also scored some new carpet padding (free) for under the air mattress's.

Still no word from some members that stated they might go early on in this thread. :(

Looks like around 7 wheelers, and around 20 people going.

I plan on going fairly early Friday morning, set up camp, then would like to go gather bonfire wood for a couple hours. Could use somebody that has a truck bed to go along to help haul the timber back to camp. ;)

Kert, I hope your wrenching away as well, I know you have wanted to get down to this park for a few years now. :thumbsup:

I wont be there till sat afternoon? I think. This is pending I have friend that has to work till noon and that my buy me some more mod time friday after work.

I wont be there till sat afternoon? I think. This is pending I have friend that has to work till noon and that my buy me some more mod time friday after work.

Don't forget all the time after work during the week! ;)

-A-Stool-And-Cracking-A-Whip-On-A-White-Background.jpg

I got my bumpers designed and the parts sent out to be cut today. I've got my fingers crossed that I will have the parts by wednesday next week so I won't be too rushed to get them done. I have a feeling the paint on the bumpers will still be drying on the drive down to SMORR!

Even if you do not have a "Rig" ready, don't let it stop you from coming.

well if your showing up I'll come out for a while :p:

LOL I wish I had time afterwork, but my rig and tools are an hr drive from where I live and work during week. I did however go back home and get started Im almost done with the rear doing spring over on my disk brake 8.8 that has 4.56 gears. Putting the manual 1354 in next, then this weekend hoping to cut-turn and bolt in front.

Even if you do not have a "Rig" ready, don't let it stop you from coming.

I'm going to be there either way. I might be rocking these unpainted though if I run out of time. I sent the drawings out yesterday, so we will see.

2272227140084817080S500x500Q85.jpg

2340061260084817080S500x500Q85.jpg

Very nice bumpers!!

Were ready I think;) Well joshua is:D And we can't forget preious the wander wennier she'll be there also. I jjust looked and Joplin is calling for a chance of rain wensday and thursday. stupied mud!!!

I'm not really looking forward to rainy days in oct.. I about left all my camping gear back in may. I was so cold sunday morning packing up to leave.

We have site 26 saved for us and I'm planning on leaving friday morning as close to 8:30 as we can. So maybe be around 1-1:30 we'll be there. Be more then happy to help with fire wood round up greg after we set up camp!

Brad you better show up with something or Joshua will be mad!! FOR SOME CRAZY REASON HE LIKES WHEEL'N BE HIND YOU!!!:p:!! Everytime hhe's get behind brad!! I'm like no he's crazy and wants to break our truck lol!!! nbl!

Can't wait to see every one again &&& I like candy to Erics' mom!!:D

Im trying to gety down a bit earlier than I was thinking, have a new friend that would like to come and see what its all about so would like to show him.

Still no word from some members that stated they might go early on in this thread. :(

Goldilocks and I won't be making it to SMORR (again). :( Took the Ex out weekend before last and had some serious steering issues and then the low pressure side pump reservoir fitting snapped off rendering my Ex with manual steering--a real workout with 40" tires! :frustrate

I'm looking at different pump replacement options including the "needle in a haystack" Ford-adapted Saginaw pump swap, modified bracket for Saginaw pump (while keeping the A/C compressor), or later 4.0 SOHC Ford pump with remote reservoir (so I can have more fluid).

The SASed Ex is going to be going full hydro steering. I'm not going to mess around with the middle man of hydro assist.

Due to some other life issues it won't be ready for this run. Maybe sometime next year. I just don't want you guys to think that I'm pulling your chains or anything--we really do want to do another ExplorerRBV-SMORR run and have ever since the May 2010 one we went to. Maybe next year! I'll update some of the other "pre-existing conditions" soon. ;)

Get lots o' pics and have a GREAT time! :thumbsup:

Full hydro wont be street legal, if you still want to legal run on the street... FYI

We look forward to you making another trip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back