• Register Today It's free!

Overheating

Carldon

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Hi

Quick question, has any one experinced overheating in the 2011
Limited,I sitting in traffic and it is cool up here now! and after about 20 minutes the truck starts over heating, but no alarms come on, i heard this iscoming an issue but thought I would ask here first

Also is it normal in these new engines to here a bit of a howel or almost like a engine break sound, it is most notable when decelerating and on and off ramps to the hwy, otherwise love the truck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is a common issue. The cause of overheating is the result of a bad fan. I suggest you contact Cory so he can help you with this.

Thanks for info, read the threads and now really doubting my purchase, it was a demo that the owner drove, and I cited the rattle in the windshield area when we purchased, and they played dumb, we hear it everytime we drive it, and now I have no idea how many times it may have already overheated very disheartning, I will lean on them with the info provided here, and hopefully the outcome is positive
Thanks again

I am new to the forum, but if I need to contact cory is there a way?

Hi Carldon
1995E is right it is a malfunction in the fan. There is a TSB out on this problem so taking it right to the dealer should get it addressed. What is odd is that you are not getting any warnings or the car isn't shutting itself down or going into limp mode

In any case this happened to me and they replaced the fans under warranty

Good luck

...and after about 20 minutes the truck starts over heating, but no alarms come on...
Welcome to the forum, Carldon. I’m happy to help by forwarding this to the Customer Service Manager in your region. Please send a PM with your contact information, approximate mileage, VIN, and dealer name/state.

...I suggest you contact Cory so he can help you with this.
1995E,

A huge thanks to you for recommending me. :)

Cory

Mine overheated this weekend and puked all of the coolant out all over the driveway! This time to the shop it got assisted by a tow truck! What a pain in the azz! I wish this truck would disapear!

Hi, I´ve also this issue. But not every time. Sometimes it´s overheating and sometimes not. Especially at the day I was at the dealer, the fans were working as expected. But even when it overheates, there were no noisy run or anything before. Also I can turn the fans by hand, they are not blocked.
Is this still the known issue? Just to tell my dealer if this is THE known problem.

Hi, I´ve also this issue. But not every time. Sometimes it´s overheating and sometimes not. Especially at the day I was at the dealer, the fans were working as expected. But even when it overheates, there were no noisy run or anything before. Also I can turn the fans by hand, they are not blocked.
Is this still the known issue? Just to tell my dealer if this is THE known problem.

Even if the fans are spinning they are most likely not doing so fast enough and it's on and off because of the issue with them. It's a known issue so if they give you a hard time contact Cory.

Mine overheated this weekend and puked all of the coolant out all over the driveway!...
Hi, I´ve also this issue. But not every time...
pterrio & KlausJ,

I’m available to help with the issues you’ve been experiencing by sending the details to the Customer Service Manager in your region. All I would need is a PM with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and dealer name/state.

...It's a known issue so if they give you a hard time contact Cory.
Thanks for the recommendation, MikeFreas. :)

Cory

Had the same issue with my 2011 LTD

I got stuck a week ago in NY on the Cross Bronx Expressway (during rush hour). One of the worst places to get stuck. Was in heavy traffic. Noticed at first the AC wasn't working real well, then the Dashboard indicator came on indicating a heating problem. Made my way from the center lane to a very small shoulder before the Steam starting rising. Got towed to a Dunkin Donuts parking lot at the next exit, let the truck cool down and added a gallon of AntiFreeze. Made it home to NJ in about hour with any additional overheating. Took it to the dealer and they had to replace the Fan... Kinda leary now switching from an Acura MDX to and Explorer :)

Hi Cory will do, sorry I just noticed now your response, I want to be fair tot he dealer as I know they musrt get raked all the time, but I really dont want this to be a bad experince, so just want to be armed with all the right info, I will send along tonight thanks again

...Was in heavy traffic. Noticed at first the AC wasn't working real well, then the Dashboard indicator came on indicating a heating problem...
amonte1,

I’m sorry I didn’t see your post before. Like I mentioned above, I can help by forwarding this to the Customer Service Manager in your area. I have your VIN from previous messages, so you’d only need to PM your contact information, dealer name/state, and approximate mileage.

Hi Cory will do, sorry I just noticed now your response...
That’s not a problem, Carldon. Please don’t hesitate dropping me a line any time. :)

Cory

Hi Cory I sent in info over PM, can you confirm reciept when you have a chance.
Thansk and thanks to those of you on the forum for the assistance and responses............greatly appreciated.

Hi Cory I sent in info over PM, can you confirm reciept when you have a chance.
Thansk and thanks to those of you on the forum for the assistance and responses............greatly appreciated.
Carldon,

Yes; I checked my inbox and confirmed that I received your PM. There are messages ahead of yours, so I’ll send you a reply as soon as I can. :)

Cory

Back