My Ford Touch - Rebuild PDF- Very detailed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Ford Touch - Rebuild PDF- Very detailed

jcerrion

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
hey guys in case you hadnt heard, yes the rumors on a MFT rebuild are true.

Please read this PDF for very detailed information regarding Ford's timeline and direct approach to serve their customers and current owners of MFT.

https://umdrive.memphis.edu/jcerrion/public/Dealer Communication_PerfUpg_DC.pdf

replies and comments welcomed. I can try and get more info or pics from my dad (Ford Exec) if you like ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think you guys will find page 3-4 of the pdf most helpful.

This page details the new features of the rebuild and how ford approached the corrections.

Anyone else getting an error message when trying to access the PDF? I'm getting a File Not Found error.

FANTASTIC! It looks like this is everything we'd hoped for.

Highlights:

"Will the system still have black screens or reboots while driving? No, we do not expect customers will experience these issues anymore."

"When will you offer the Performance Upgrade to existing owners? Concurrent with the 2013MY
vehicle launches early next year, we’re planning to mail a USB flash drive with the software to owners of
2011 Explorer, Edge, 2012 Focus and 2011 Lincoln MKX for self- installation. Owners will also be able to
visit their local dealer and have the software Performance Upgrade installed."

"How much will the Performance Upgrade cost current owners? The Performance Upgrade will be performed at no charge to existing owners."

“The response time of the touchscreen and voice button is at least twice as fast as the current system. As well, the transition time between screens is significantly improved.”

Also, looks like a new SD card with updated map info!

Ford must be watching these boards!

GREAT INFO. If you could get pics jcerrion that would be fantastic!

great news....BUT, they don't mention 2012 explorers.....

"When will you offer the Performance Upgrade to existing owners? Concurrent with the 2013MY vehicle launches early next year, we’re planning to mail a USB flash drive with the software to owners of 2011 Explorer, Edge, 2012 Focus and 2011 Lincoln MKX for self- installation. Owners will also be able to visit their local dealer and have the software Performance Upgrade installed."

haha i told you guys they do actually listen. Ill try and sneak some photos in here soon.

2012 owners didn't complain enough so they figured you were fine! ;)

Nah, all;

"Early next year, Ford is sending flash drives with a software upgrade to approximately 250,000 U.S. customers with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch, the equivalent system in Ford's luxury Lincoln brand."

The implication is ALL.

Sounds good. Now all we have to do is perfect our waiting skills (Christmas will be a nice warm-up).

Definitely excited for this, I've had MFT crash on me in my mom's 2011 Edge too many times

Anyone else getting an error message when trying to access the PDF? I'm getting a File Not Found error.

Must have just been my computer at work . . . able to see the PDF when I got home.

"When will you offer the Performance Upgrade to existing owners? Concurrent with the 2013MY vehicle launches early next year, we’re planning to mail a USB flash drive with the software to owners of 2011 Explorer, Edge, 2012 Focus and 2011 Lincoln MKX for self- installation. Owners will also be able to visit their local dealer and have the software Performance Upgrade installed."

Rebecca linked to another press release earlier....This is directly from it:

Upgrade your ride
All of the new improvements will be offered to existing owners of MyFord Touch-equipped
vehicles, including the 2011 and 2012 models of Ford Explorer and Edge and the 2012 Focus.
Owners of 2011 and 2012 Lincoln MKX crossovers will also receive the upgrade for their
MyLincoln Touch™ systems.

that thing had no lag whatsoever....i'm anxious to check it out.

Great. I hope the download will actually work after my last attempt with 2.11

how much for the new sd card with updated map info?

the old one will still work just as well on the new software right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back