• Register Today It's free!

Evans?

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Thinking about watching the mess up there this weekend with the fun run and heading up to Suprise lake later. Should be a good chance to try out my inner beadlocks....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The place was real quiet last weekend?? Maybe because of Seafair weekend? A lot of construction going on at Evans. First parking area all new, they installed a filter at the start of 311 on the right there and the road is all new up to day use parking and beyond. Heavy equipment was still there so they ain't done yet. Oh, and the road to Evans Creek was freshly graded

It has been a long while since I went to Evans,But I am working this weekend and I still need to get to 4Wheelparts and get a new tire.

Theres a big fun run going on up there this weekend, thought it would be cool to check out all the other rigs like we did last year.

Joe, get a tire already! Theres talk of another "hill" run sometime soon...

I am going to try to get up top Tacoma this Saturday after work

I wish I had the fundage for it. I am still trying to scrounge up the $50 I owe you for the doors and hatch plus get a little tube money. Summer house projects are killing me right now. Went way over budget on the painting. It's all good though. Should have a good chunk of change coming in soon though.

You dont need doors right now, theres not much mud up there anyway. Im thinking about building something like Paul did for mine since my door bars ended up being a fail. Evans aint worth the diesel to get there as far as wheelin goes but I still love suprise lake and camping so we are going. Wish you could make it, I will make sure to drink one or 15 beers for you when we get get camp set up. Look for pics on FB...

You dont need doors right now, theres not much mud up there anyway. Im thinking about building something like Paul did for mine since my door bars ended up being a fail. Evans aint worth the diesel to get there as far as wheelin goes but I still love suprise lake and camping so we are going. Wish you could make it, I will make sure to drink one or 15 beers for you when we get get camp set up. Look for pics on FB...

I use to love going to suprise up till about 2 years ago when it hit the internet. Every a$$ clown from everywhere is going up there. I gave up and found some new destinations. I wish it was what it use to be before it got out to the whole world.

Its been on all the web-wheeler forums for alot longer then 2 years now... I remember going up there 7 or 8 years ago and still running into idiots... just local ones. Last trip up there we got stuck helping a guy from seattle with a jacked up 08' chevy with 20" wheels that broke his tierod on the stump after the waterfall. We ended up winching him off the side of the trail and some guys in a jeep behind us gave him a ride to town for parts. I asked him what the hell he was doing up there and he told us that he drives up there all the time...

On the web or not you better head up there while you still can, I dont think it will stay open much longer.

Its been on all the web-wheeler forums for alot longer then 2 years now... I remember going up there 7 or 8 years ago and still running into idiots... just local ones. Last trip up there we got stuck helping a guy from seattle with a jacked up 08' chevy with 20" wheels that broke his tierod on the stump after the waterfall. We ended up winching him off the side of the trail and some guys in a jeep behind us gave him a ride to town for parts. I asked him what the hell he was doing up there and he told us that he drives up there all the time...

On the web or not you better head up there while you still can, I dont think it will stay open much longer.

My dad first went up in the early 90,s. He showed me in 2000 or 01. Been going on and off since..

Back