Sirius Channel Browser | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Channel Browser

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I posted this in the MFT/Synch bug thread, but is anyone else having issues with the Sirius channel browser?

When I press the "browse" button it usually gives me the list of categories (but sometimes it gives me a blank screen with a scrollbar) and I can select and see the channels in the categories with only a couple of stations (i.e. techno with only 3 stations), but when I select Rock (with 24 stations) it says "Loading" and then never shows me the stations. I've waited 45 minutes at times (my whole drive to work) and never had it appear. This happens most of the time. Sometimes it works right away (1 out of 10 times I'd say), sometimes it works after I exit out of the channel browser by clicking the "X" button and the coming back in (1 out of 10 times), but mostly it doesnt work.

Also, Anyone get sirius weather to work? Mine just says "data unavailable".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posted this in the MFT/Synch bug thread, but is anyone else having issues with the Sirius channel browser?

When I press the "browse" button it usually gives me the list of categories (but sometimes it gives me a blank screen with a scrollbar) and I can select and see the channels in the categories with only a couple of stations (i.e. techno with only 3 stations), but when I select Rock (with 24 stations) it says "Loading" and then never shows me the stations. I've waited 45 minutes at times (my whole drive to work) and never had it appear. This happens most of the time. Sometimes it works right away (1 out of 10 times I'd say), sometimes it works after I exit out of the channel browser by clicking the "X" button and the coming back in (1 out of 10 times), but mostly it doesnt work.

Yes, it loads forever. or never loads i should say. it may have something to do with the siriusly crappy reception of late.

thanks,
Not a huge deal, but I just wanted to know if there was a particular problem with just my unit or it was maybe a Sirius thing.

-J

I looked into this and found that the Sirius browse feature is a known concern and the SYNC engineering team is looking into it. When I’m sent another update with the progress of this issue, I will post the details.

Cory

I looked into this and found that the Sirius browse feature is a known concern and the SYNC engineering team is looking into it. When I’m sent another update with the progress of this issue, I will post the details.

Cory

THANKS CORY! I appreciate you looking into it!

I know this is an old thread but i was wondering if anyone else was still experiencing this problem?

I've given up on using Sirius because of it. Ford is apparently aware of it, but there has been no fix.

I have the same issue. I'll hold off on any minor software update, I'll wait for the major software update next year.

I know this is an old thread but i was wondering if anyone else was still experiencing this problem?

Yea not sure what it is. It's hard to pinpoint why it works sometimes and then other times it will show loading... and then just show the genre screen again. :(

Mine does it as well. I can only browse "Hip Hop". No luck with any other genere. My Zune also skips. How can an MP3 skip (not downloaded or uploaded skipping; only happens occasionaly with MFT)? Only skips for about 20 seconds then stops. Random songs and times.

This feature is worthless as it never works. My 2 cents...

SIRIUS Channels

Have experienced the exact same problem. Part of the numerous SYNC bugs, not an issue with SIRIUS. My other vehicle has SIRIUS so I could verify -

I kept trying at different times and got the stations I listened to set finally. One of the updates the local dealership did (2.11 ?) seemed to help, or it could have just been coincidence. The SYNC in our 2011 model crashes daily, usually multiple times.

Back