• Register Today It's free!

Neighborly Connection

Falcor00

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Was flagged down today while my garage door was closing. Turns out a neighbor down the street from me just took delivery on Friday; I took delivery on Saturday. From the same dealership too! I pointed him to the forum... what's up Eric? Good to meet you today!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The last 2011 explorer I talked to (Today at Whataburger) approached me pointing at the windshield area.

"Hey does yours have a whistle at like 60MPH and higher too?"

lol - probably not how Ford intended to bring America together.

I had a similar exp at a 7-11 recently. As I was walking out, a Limited pulled up the gentleman got out as I was walking by so I chatted him up. This was it in a nutshell-

Me- "You have any rattles that drive you crazy?"

Him- "Yeah, the windshield rattles at highway speed"

Me- "Yeah, mine too"

Him- "Your MFT crash yet?"

Me- "Yep"

Him- "Mine too"

I guess its nice to know you arent alone.

I guess its nice to know you arent alone.
You guys need to form a support group that meets every Friday night to discuss your weekly 2011+ Explorer issues ;)

supportgroup.jpg

I thought this Forum was the support group?

I thought this Forum was the support group?
Its lacking a bit in the hugs department - which is really what support groups are all about - hugs
_hugs__by_Synfull.gif

Its lacking a bit in the hugs department - which is really what support groups are all about - hugs

Ari Gold says the same thing "hug it out Bi%$*"

Hi, My name is Nick and I own a 2011 Ford Explorer. :D

Was flagged down today while my garage door was closing. Turns out a neighbor down the street from me just took delivery on Friday; I took delivery on Saturday. From the same dealership too! I pointed him to the forum... what's up Eric? Good to meet you today!
Falcor00,

That’s what ExplorerForum.com is for: Connecting with a great community!

The last 2011 explorer I talked to (Today at Whataburger) approached me pointing at the windshield area.

"Hey does yours have a whistle at like 60MPH and higher too?"....
stripesace,

I still have your Explorer’s details, so shoot a PM if you’d like me to set up a follow-up call.

I had a similar exp at a 7-11 recently. As I was walking out, a Limited pulled up the gentleman got out as I was walking by so I chatted him up. This was it in a nutshell-

Me- "You have any rattles that drive you crazy?"

Him- "Yeah, the windshield rattles at highway speed"...
nick75035,

I’m happy to lend a hand by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area, as I mentioned above. For me to do this, please send a PM with your VIN, contact info, mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

Thank you Cory. My local dealership has gotten me all squared away.

I haven't met any 2011/2012 owners around me. I do however have to give tours of the Ex every time I'm putting gas in it. It never fails, someone will wander over at the gas station and inquire. For all of it's quirks, the ride is great. I tell everyone I talk to, don't test drive it if you aren't ready to buy one.

Thank you Cory. My local dealership has gotten me all squared away.
That’s great to hear, Nick! :D

I haven't met any 2011/2012 owners around me. I do however have to give tours of the Ex every time I'm putting gas in it. It never fails, someone will wander over at the gas station and inquire. For all of it's quirks, the ride is great. I tell everyone I talk to, don't test drive it if you aren't ready to buy one.
lexrid,

You’re like an unofficial Explorer tour guide. ;):thumbsup:

Cory

In my opinion it is usually a bad idea to buy a new model in its first year of production.

In my opinion it is usually a bad idea to buy a new model in its first year of production.

I would say that is true in years past but nowadays in vehicle production they build so many pre-production prototypes.

Almost so many its like a first year of production without selling to anyone.

Then after that they build 1000's of production vehicles that go to Ford Management and Engineers for use and feedback.

There will always be bugs to work out but some of the big issues like A-Pillar buzz, greasy windows, tailgate alignment, and MFT should have been caught, no excuse.

The 12's seem to have the very same issues. How bout waiting 'til the 3rd year of production. Seems like bigger changes are in store for that model year.

Cory I'm actually taking it in tomorrow. I need a new windshield thanks to some lazy dump truck driver who didn't put a net on his load so they're going to replace the windshield while the a-pillars are off for the TSB on the whistling windshield that should be on my oasis from the original phone call that you arranged for me.

Cory I'm actually taking it in tomorrow. I need a new windshield thanks to some lazy dump truck driver who didn't put a net on his load so they're going to replace the windshield while the a-pillars are off for the TSB on the whistling windshield that should be on my oasis from the original phone call that you arranged for me.
stripesace,

Woah, I hope everyone is OK. Please don’t hesistate to send a PM if you’d like a follow-up call from Wendy.

Cory

stripesace,

Woah, I hope everyone is OK. Please don’t hesistate to send a PM if you’d like a follow-up call from Wendy.

Cory

Guess that sounded worst than it really was. I had 3 rock chips that turned into cracks that were irrepairable and were below the safety line.

Dropped it off today 'course they didn't the parts right away but that's my fault for not brining it back to them as quickly as I should have after they ordered them the first time.

Hopefully this all takes care of the windshield whistle!

Guess that sounded worst than it really was. I had 3 rock chips that turned into cracks that were irrepairable and were below the safety line...Hopefully this all takes care of the windshield whistle!
Ah, my mind automatically jumped to something large coming off the dump truck. :eek:

I’m confident they’ll take care of you.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got my Ex back today. Windshield whistle seems to have gone away. Only problem is going to require a follow-up is my rear-view mirror is looser than I feel it should be. Like it vibrates on rougher parts of the highway. Should be a quick fix.

Back