Third row seat in 1991 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Third row seat in 1991 XLT

Tanveer423

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Hello All,

I am looking for a third row seat for my 1991 explorer xlt.........i am looking for a used one and unable to find one here in Washington.........can you please guide me with...

1)Which other seat (from other vehicles) will fit?
2)Will the second row 2 seater seat from explorer fit in third row?

Thanks.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey

Hello All,

I am looking for a third row seat for my 1991 explorer xlt.........i am looking for a used one and unable to find one here in Washington.........can you please guide me with...

Thanks.....

Hey they didnt make a 3rd row seat in a 1991 explorer!

I bought from this place http://www.littlepassengerseats.com/ford_explorer.htm Very happy with it; I've had it about 10 years now and it has held up very well and allowed us to keep our 1993 much longer than had we not put in the third seat. You can call to see if they have used seats available.

Looks like the Explorer Express are from the same place. Still worth calling at least to see if they have used ones .

Wow they cost a lot!

Hello All,

Thanks.....

Thanks for the input. I have read else where that seats from Mercury Mountaineer fit in the explorer. How far is this true.

Will definitely call them @ Champcar

It's a 1st gen explorer. They never came with 3rd row seats. The Mercury Mountaineer is a 2nd gen explorer. The front & rear seats are interchangeable but not the 3rd row.
You would have to test fit something to see it it fit & then find a way to mount it.

Will a 2nd or 3rd row seat from a regular for Explorer fit in a sport model? I need three seatbelts in the bak and y ford Explorer sort only has 3 any suggestions ?

I have one in my 93. It came with it and I can't tell where it came from, I can tell you the materal it's covered in matches the stock steats exactly in pattern, color and design. Mine also had 3 seat belts, but one of them broke so only two work. It can face front or back, and the way it's attached underneath (the supports the seat bolts into) looks very stock. It looks almost dealer installed. I don't think the average DIY'r could have done the bottom mounts the way they are done, they are welded in places that would have taken massive amounts of work to do without removeing almost all the rear of the truck. Since mine is a sport, and only seats 4, it's a good thing I have it, we have a family of 6.

Any pics doonze? Didnt think there would be room for a 3rd row in a sport.

Didn't know the second gen ever came with third row. I love the 5.0 awd mounty and gave up my search and baught a 3rd gen. If I find will ill trade my third gen in a heartbeat.

It didnt-thats why I want to see pics of how it was installed.

I NEED THAT 3rd seat from Littlepassengers.com site. My youngest son is autistic, and for the most part is a good passenger, but a lot of times when traveling he will kick relentlessly the driver or passenger seat. No chance of that happening with that 3rd row.

Let's see what I get during tax time.

I have one in my 93. It came with it and I can't tell where it came from, I can tell you the materal it's covered in matches the stock steats exactly in pattern, color and design. Mine also had 3 seat belts, but one of them broke so only two work. It can face front or back, and the way it's attached underneath (the supports the seat bolts into) looks very stock. It looks almost dealer installed. I don't think the average DIY'r could have done the bottom mounts the way they are done, they are welded in places that would have taken massive amounts of work to do without removeing almost all the rear of the truck. Since mine is a sport, and only seats 4, it's a good thing I have it, we have a family of 6.

_****** I just acquired a 1993 ford explorer xlt for parts and am looking into changing out my nasty seats in my 1991 explorer xlt : any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back