Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 61 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, I'm really digging the GTO wheels...... It's either that color or the polished look you recently did. Decisions, decisions, decisions.............

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

im not a big fan of murdered out stuff (flat black and black matte) but that wheel is bad arse, i can believe you got that much time into it. great work!

im not a big fan of murdered out stuff (flat black and black matte) but that wheel is bad arse, i can believe you got that much time into it. great work!

Couldnt AGREE more!!

Jon, I have a newer set of polished wheels, they are not holding up well. What is exactly the process u have to go thru to get them from chrome or polished to a color? That wheel is incredible.

Couldnt AGREE more!!

Jon, I have a newer set of polished wheels, they are not holding up well. What is exactly the process u have to go thru to get them from chrome or polished to a color? That wheel is incredible.

Considering that is a motorcycle wheel and will be used rarely, if at all, I just cleaned it very well ( 5 trips through the dishwasher, and 5 polishings, then a final heat bake and polish) and went right over the chrome, ( not ruining the wheel at all) so that if he gets tired of the black, the wheel can be dipped in a solution which will make the powder come off like a rubber glove.

For a daily driven vehicle I would need to media blast and wash them, and if you want a show quality finish some filler might be needed. However, I must say most blemishes will be covered by the powder very well.

Oh great, another color I flipping love:banghead:

If you ever get a chance to do another wheel in the "polished" look, please post some pictures. More likely I am going to have to see it in person because it's currently my #1 favorite. Getting the lady a new car because she just totaled the current one, might have to pretty up the wheels when it's time for new tires...

I took a pic of the Matte Black wheel in sunlight and just had to post it. I think the black brings out more detail than the chrome ever could.

I asked for a price on this and was handed more than I asked for. :cool:

001-9.jpg

Thats just delicious, makes me want to cuddle up against it.

Thats just delicious, makes me want to cuddle up against it.

Me too but Sheri said " I want my side of the bed back or I'm on the couch!" so I caved in.

Sweet wheel Jon.

I took this disc brake apart to powdercoat the hub, But I broke one of the bolts going back together.

003-7.jpg

It for the front sister wheel pictured earlier-man this thing is huge

004-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

brake on wheel
006-4.jpg

i think turdle should powder the whole body of my truck toxic waste green. that would be awesome

lol i really thought about it and was thinking can it be done... after i had those parts pc in that, its a bad arse color and turdle does bad arse work :notworthy

Back