Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 62 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's funny. I was cleaning the garage up the other day and found the horse shoes I rescued and have had for a year or so that are waiting to be blasted. I was gonna ask you if a PC would last on them.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That's funny. I was cleaning the garage up the other day and found the horse shoes I rescued and have had for a year or so that are waiting to be blasted. I was gonna ask you if a PC would last on them.

They will chip, however they can be burned off, blasted and re coated for the next season. The process takes 2 days to allow for a slow cool from the burn off.

I used a generic stick on label for the "J" on all sets. This masked the chrome base to bare metal with them. Then when coated with the tinted clear, the image is "ghosted" in and can only be seen under the correct light angle

One set was done with black tint clear, and one with purple. Here is the purple example

004-7.jpg

The green ones have a gold "J" which was applied then covered with clear. The hardened clear holds it in place with no feel to your finger, like it was painted on under the clear.

I can hook ya up on a whole body blast and coat.

Anywho--here are some vroom vroom looking parts for blueka's pickle wagon

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

I love you Jon... not in a gay way...

Si

Dang, I love the latest on the 5.0 UI, TB elbow Jon. Not that I'm still not loving the work you've done on mine. :)

Some things for Ronin8002
This silver is deceiving, here with flash on

018-1.jpg

flash off
022.jpg

020-3.jpg

021.jpg

License plate frame for Ford99_1979, Argent silver

017-3.jpg

025.jpg

Hope you guys like these!!

4.0 OHV EGR intake, blasted and washed, you can see it is still wet in this picture-

001-12.jpg

Then finished. Pics to show difference.

005-9.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-5.jpg

Experiment with a pewter belt buckle.

014-5.jpg

015-4.jpg

The buckle looks like it survived the heat

I tried to coat over a pitted license frame and it turned out poopy, so, like i always do in this situation---into my small oven for a "self clean cycle"

650 degrees will burn off the powder. No biggie. Then a light blasting and it will be done--whooops!

016-1.jpg

Damn, I wish I lived closer to you. I'd have you powdercoat my swing out tire carrier. The raod salt is playing havoc on the paint.

Maybe eventually when I build mt Sliders and do my SAS I'll have you do all those parts all together and just make a trip out of it.

Great work man !!!!!

Love the color on those springs Jon! Do you have any more pictures of the brushed looking finished you did on your wheels? Hopefully we can meet up and I can see them in person.

Couple sets of Harley exhaust Shields and a primary cover.
Tuscan Matte Black

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

008-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

This is where I am amazed. The pipes were on bikes which were laid over. Not only did I fill in the "vance and hines" logo plate holes on the short set, but both sets had some deep scrtching, which I filled in. I used JB weld as a body filler.

006-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

What a sexy finish. Great work!

Ah man, that black is as nice as it gets. That is killer!

Thanks. Lot of tv watching time went into the pipes. Smoothing while listening to history channel--:D

There's no way to charge for the time, I just wanted to overcome the challenge today.

I might have to send you some Stang parts so you can put that matte black to use again.

Back