F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

its not just an alignment shop...they do tires/shocks/brakes/etc. I guess I better learn how to check bearings....which I've never done before.

Never going to take any vehicle back there...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...While you have it jacked up, spin the wheel and see if the brake is dragging as Maniak mentioned..

Should the tires spin freely without any noise? both wheels are still bowing inward a bit while the front end is up in the air. I spun both tires, and it sounds like something's dragging, AND they spin, but not completely freely....could that be the brakes or just cuz the wheels are bowed inwards?

Your help is requested please

:( Hello,

Not at all satisfied with my lift 2 "I removed
Now I read the thread, and I will again.

I chose this configuration.
To the rear
Add-A-Leaf Skyjacker
Rancho RS5039 Front Shock Absorber
Rancho RS5185 Shock Absorber REAR
Lift Shackles 1.25 "to 2" Inch Rear WAR153

for the front I would like to install F150 Coil Seats and keep my stock springs

I not understand correctly (I work with the Google translator and sometimes the translation is bad) I need it change the Caster / Camber Bushing?
I do not know this at all, they are many on RockAuto and with different settings.

Could you tell me if my choice for the rear is OK? if add-a-leaf the truck not mounted too high relative to the front

And for you it replaced or not replaced the Caster / Camber Bushing?

References for the F150 coil seats are F2TZ-5A307-A -
F2TZ-5A307-B it's correct for my X could you give me a link please I can not find purchase for now
I look RockAuto not found

i thank you very much for your help and your explanation

-:exp::exp:

Has anyone who's done the coil seat/shackle lift ever had noise problems in their front end afterwards? I'm so sure that the noise is coming from my shocks, its sqeaking whenever I turn and whenever I go over bumps, even the most minor bumps it squeaks. Is there anyway to quiet the front end down? It's driving me mad lol.

Are you sure thats the shocks making the noise and not the sway bar bushings or ball joints?

When you lift the front you change the angle of both of those.

If you can get it to make the noise by bouncing the front end, disconnect the shocks (lower mount is fine) and see if the noise goes away. Next is the swap bars, just disconnect both end links and see if the noise goes away.

If a shock is making a noise, they you have something wrong with a shock as they shouldn't make noise. I "guess" if the bushings were really worn and allowing the shock to move around a bunch it could squeak, but I've never seen it.

~Mark

Oops, I meant the springs LOL. It hadn't had this noise before I lifted it.

:( Hello,

Not at all satisfied with my lift 2 "I removed
Now I read the thread, and I will again.

I chose this configuration.
To the rear
Add-A-Leaf Skyjacker
Rancho RS5039 Front Shock Absorber
Rancho RS5185 Shock Absorber REAR
Lift Shackles 1.25 "to 2" Inch Rear WAR153

for the front I would like to install F150 Coil Seats and keep my stock springs

I not understand correctly (I work with the Google translator and sometimes the translation is bad) I need it change the Caster / Camber Bushing?
I do not know this at all, they are many on RockAuto and with different settings.

Could you tell me if my choice for the rear is OK? if add-a-leaf the truck not mounted too high relative to the front

And for you it replaced or not replaced the Caster / Camber Bushing?

References for the F150 coil seats are F2TZ-5A307-A -
F2TZ-5A307-B it's correct for my X could you give me a link please I can not find purchase for now
I look RockAuto not found

i thank you very much for your help and your explanation

-:exp::exp:

Try these two links for info.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Alignment.html

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/winter2008/steering_tech.htm

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/camberbushings.htm

Yeah, I know... we have lots of good threads here too. I just happen to have these bookmarked and they are very good.

Oops, I meant the springs LOL. It hadn't had this noise before I lifted it.

...Without having to go to TRS, we have some info to help you here..:rolleyes:

...New found noise when changing up only part of your suspension is common..;)

..You have now changed up your geometry of your worn stock suspension, from your common wear pattern on (let's say your bushings), and now these suspension items are binding, rubbing, or even now wearing on worn or unworn parts of the existing bushings, springs, etc..

..A common way to chase the squeak is with a can of WD40, with the straw..This let's you spray directly with pin point precision to the area you think is causing the squeak.

..The WD40 should quickly eliminate the squeak when sprayed on the appropriate item such as shock bushings, sware bar bushings, and even springs..

..WD40 will also fade away in short time allowing you to re-verify the squeaky item in question..:hammer:

...Oh yea...:scratch:..Are you 100% sure your 1-1/8" bolt is tightened all the way?

I hate using WD40 lol. But i'll try it. I guess its not that big a deal, but I think it means that i have some suspension stuff that needs replaced LOL.

I sure HOPE that those bolts are tight! I'm gonna take it to the shop that I had them installed in and see if they can make sure the bolts are tight.

...Chasing the squeak yourself is always a good way to keep the other guy that you paid, honest..:biggthump

..You would hear a loose washer sound every once in a while if your bolts/nut were not tight..;)

That's for sure, gotta make sure they did their job.

Doesn't sound like a loose washer. Still gonna chase the squeak before taking it in.

...Without having to go to TRS, we have some info to help you here..:rolleyes:

Would you believe that I changed my sentence that first read "Yeah I know Ted... we have lots of good threads here too."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:p:

..and don't you think I missed your signature either..:p:

He he he, come on... am I the only one that gets a totally different mental picture when you read that?

:) I begin to understand more clearly this.
Thank you very much for your help

~ Dominik :exp:

Ok I sprayed wd40 on stuff I thought it would need it, still have the sqeaking noise, and also have like a 'clunk' noise when turning left or right....im thinking maybe the coil spacers aren't in tight enough...dunno i gotta take it in to the shop and have them look it over.

Gman, sprayed all parts of the radius arms and sure enough the noise has been lessened quite a bit. Guess its time to save money to have them replaced.

Will the radius arm bushings being bad make my alignment bad as well? Will I need to do another alignment when finished replacing these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will make it virtually impossible to set the alignment as the back part of the RA will be moving around.

It will affect Caster the most, which can affect toe, depending on how much movement it has in caster and where you camber already is.

~Mark

Back