• Register Today It's free!

General consensus on tires

NEWFS02X

Reaction score
City, State
Manitoba,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 E/B 4x4
I'm looking to replace the worn out tires on my 02 E/B. I do virtually no off roading however with the winters up here in Canada traction is certainly a requirement.

Looking to find a tire that is a good all season tire, not noisy on the highway and not a deep lug agressive tread.

What are guys/gals happy with?

Thanks.....John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i went from good years that came with the car to michelins last year. the ride is 10 times smoother and a hundred times quieter than before.

I'm running the Goodyear Wrangler ArmorTrac and love 'em. Very quite with exceptional winter performance.

0040629407249_A?wid=206&hei=200&op_sharpen=1.jpg

Image Courtesy: www.samsclub.com

i really like the way the new pirelli scorpion AT's run on my buddy's new F150. they are pretty well balanced in terms of being quiet on the road, smooth, but being able to handle a little dirt and snow.

I went with the Firestone Destinations (17"). First Firestones I ever bought and I'm very impressed, especially for the price.

Tire choices

That's a great site Boner...thanks...

i went from good years that came with the car to michelins last year. the ride is 10 times smoother and a hundred times quieter than before.
x2 on Michelins - pretty much the only tire brand I go for these days on street driven vehicles, including my small bus which often gets driven to the ski slopes with 5-12 people on board.

Michellin LTX M/S. I run them on my '04 4x4, though in the Southeast US we do not see a lot of snow (mostly ice here).

Michellin LTX M/S. I run them on my '04 4x4, though in the Southeast US we do not see a lot of snow (mostly ice here).

This. I got the M/S 2s last season and am very happy with them. Good traction through snow and a good ride on the highway,

I have been happy with my Yokahoma GeoLanders. I am on my second set and I bought them at the Tire Rack.

Well, today i installed a set of four Canadian Tire Motomaster Total Terrain A/P tires and the ride is just great. I read the reviews and was certainly impressed.

The noise from the old tires is gone and the truck now hits the bumps much softer.

The tires were well within my budget @ $119 each. I'll report back after a few thousand miles to let everyone know they handle etc especially if we get some snow here.

Thanks for all the comebacks.........regards.......John

LOL,
recommending Canadian Tire tires on a mostly American Forum,

no biggie as alot of Canucks use it too, just like me,,

i had the same tires you speak of before on my 96 when i first got it and they worked good in everything but deeper snow, , but being Canadian we could get enough snow at any time to shut just about any vehicle down,,

Ha. Actually Corkey i wasn't recommending them, just letting everyone know that i had bought a set and would report back on them.

Yes, i agree there are a lot of Canucks on this forum.

So far the tires are very quiet, the ride has improved 100%, on ice they are decent but not enough snow to see how they fare in the deep stuff.

Regards.........John

I have never been dissatisfied with Michellin tires. If you are on a budget, I have had good luck with Hankook tires.

I've been very satisfied with General Grabber. Bought a set over a year ago and doing great. Quiet and good traction. Good pricing, too.

Firestone Destination A/T, great and great price. I will never buy another brand

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Sport has Goodyear Wrangler Territories on them. Before the crash I ran them for 2 1/2 years straight. They are exceptional, look aggressive and fit the truck's profile nicely. They still even have the injection nubs on them to this day. The noise was greater than the mismatched Goodyears that the truck came with, but that's the trade-off for aggressive tires. There was never any snow or mud they could not overcome. I plan on using them this winter on my EB.

Oh, and they're Canadian Tire exclusive tires. Suck it Amerikwa.

Back