Who's in NJ? Where? | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's in NJ? Where?

trucks doing alright..just gotta finish up some little crap on it..but it's gonna take a while i destroyed right knee and am getting recon surgery done on it so me and the truck are gonna be decomissioned for a while.how you been man?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to extend a big thank you to the 3 fine gentlemen from up north( LiKuiD and his crew) who got me home safe and sound after my unfortunate ignition switch dilemma. The run got pretty interesting towards the end there didn't it? I'll post pics and video as soon as I can. Nice shots Gabe.

Been pretty good. Sorry about the knee. I had that done 15 yrs ago and I'm still going strong. Todays run went great untill we were leaving and my ignition switch crapped out. Got towed home so now I know what I'm doing next week.

Just wanted to extend a big thank you to the 3 fine gentlemen from up north( LiKuiD and his crew) who got me home safe and sound after my unfortunate ignition switch dilemma. The run got pretty interesting towards the end there didn't it? I'll post pics and video as soon as I can. Nice shots Gabe.

Been pretty good. Sorry about the knee. I had that done 15 yrs ago and I'm still going strong. Todays run went great untill we were leaving and my ignition switch crapped out. Got towed home so now I know what I'm doing next week.

What did you break now?

We were actually done and about to head out and my ignition switch died. Something shorted out. Every time I turn on the key the 50 amp ignition fuse blows.

Today was a definitely worth the 2 hour drive! We had a great time. We have a couple pictures that came out ok and a pretty good video of gabe shooting water 30 feet in the air coming out of the submarine hole. I'll post them as soon as I pull em off the camera. Nice pictures gabe!

Here's a few pics. I'll try to get the video tomorrow.

DSCF1167.jpg

DSCF1168.jpg

DSCF1170.jpg

DSCF1169.jpg

And lastly, Gabes explorer with the semi-floating rear axle!
DSCF1171.jpg

I did finally come back with the 50 amp fuses you needed. Spent about $12.00.....

I love the last shot. We need more pics and videos me going through that and swamping my truck in the 44IN rut. LOL

We were actually done and about to head out and my ignition switch died. Something shorted out. Every time I turn on the key the 50 amp ignition fuse blows.

I am assuming that you got the starter cables wet & they are shorting. I would honestly start there.

Looks like u guys had fun I had to work late Friday nite that is why I was not there but mybe next time

I am assuming that you got the starter cables wet & they are shorting. I would honestly start there.

Theirs a contact inside the ignition switch keyhole that contacts the actual switch when the key is turned, but when he would turn the key it would also hit the steering column and arc out, blowing the fuse. A piece of plastic that kept the two separated broke off and thus, this happened

Sorry Gabe, I had to be somewhere. When the guys that were leaving offered a tow home I had to take it. I appreciate you picking that stuff up, PM me your address and I'll paypal the money to you. Next time we get together I'll have to buy you a couple of cold ones. Had a great time, looking forward to doing it again. Thank Will for his great guiding job.I'm looking for the cable for my camcorder as soon as I find it I'll get some video uploaded.

Sorry Gabe, I had to be somewhere. When the guys that were leaving offered a tow home I had to take it. I appreciate you picking that stuff up, PM me your address and I'll paypal the money to you. Next time we get together I'll have to buy you a couple of cold ones. Had a great time, looking forward to doing it again. Thank Will for his great guiding job.I'm looking for the cable for my camcorder as soon as I find it I'll get some video uploaded.

all good. add me on FB if you have it. ill invite you out to the next one. www.facebook.com/gfletchernj

Thanks. But now how do you do it?

Thanks. But now how do you do it?

Al, Click on the youtube icon in the reply screen, take this code "9etFtCCo7NU" from the URL and insert between the youtube tags. Hit submit reply.

Like so...

You're the man!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Part 2

Part 3 coming soon to a post near you!lol

Back