Treadwright tires anyone? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Treadwright tires anyone?

:thumbsup::thumbdwn:
I am researching the treadwright.com tires. I am looking for some 31's. I want a mud terrain as that's what I enjoy most as of now. That should change after awhile. It get's everywhere!!!
I am looking at getting the sites version of either the BFG A/T or the MT/R.
ImgDisplay.aspx

ImgDisplay.aspx

I am wanting to know if anyone on here has some first hand experience with any of their tires, particularly the two mentioned above.

I did search first. Found two threads on their old stuff(Green Diamonds). They have a different and better product now from what I've heard.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, buit what i mean is look at the surface of this tire,

032.jpg

and compare to mine

20101217152136.jpg

Seems like the molding process was rushed.

Also i know now one of the tires are oblong, so im going to bring it to a roadforce balancer and check for uniformity, and inform Treadwright of my findings and get a replacement.

Did you get the kedge grip? If you did that may be why.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Would never consider retreads until reading these posts/reviews. Their prices are really affordable, especially for 16's which have gone thru the roof in price for no known reason....

Time for my winter review. Have had the 31x10.5" Guard Dogs w/ Kedge Grip on the X for about 10 months now. Grip in snow/ice is phenomenal. The only thing to phase it so far has been a perfectly flat layer of ice. Even then I probably had about 2 times as much traction as everyone else on the road. Great winter tire!

bump for coupon codes !!! hopefully ordering tomorrow !

After a few years of knowing about treadwrights and never finding a single person with a complaint about them I noticed a post on a Super Duty forum I'm on where one with 30k miles on it blew out at 75mph. I'll post up if i find out if it was a sidewall blow or tread separation...

EDIT: picture

2011-12-20_11-18-26_675.jpg

2011-12-20_11-18-35_363.jpg

I am not defending treadwright, but I have a lot of experience in seeing trailer tires seperate as well as a few older tires. I would bet money that tire was underinflated. I also bet Treadwright will step up and replace it, their customer service seems top shelf.

Theyre customer service is what sold me on them...
I'm 3,000 miles in on mine and Sofar so good....

I am not defending treadwright, but I have a lot of experience in seeing trailer tires seperate as well as a few older tires. I would bet money that tire was underinflated. I also bet Treadwright will step up and replace it, their customer service seems top shelf.

I bet you are right too. The cracking leads me to believe it was under-inflated for enough time to heat it up many times.

And that's no lightweight vehicle. How many heavy loads did he have on those tires (which we are assuming were underinflated)? I'd like to know if he says what his PSI was and if he actually checked it regularly. I doubt he'd admit any fault in the failure.

Either way, I'd like to see the results of this. I've been thinking my next set of tires would be Treadwrights.

I bet you are right too. The cracking leads me to believe it was under-inflated for enough time to heat it up many times.

They are pretty dry rotted... Idk I'd even ride on those...

Well i got my 31 1050 15 guard dogs on tuesday. Got 18in of snow tuesday night and wednesday. These tires rock! I was in 2wd all night. Those tires just rip through the snow. I even pushed out a 4wheeler. Plus having a mtr tread with bfg sidewalls really confuses people

Hmmmmm..... Time to get tires again VERY shortly...... Hmmmmmm.....

I've burnt through about 2 tanks of gas with mine so i can't really review em but i can say this
utf-8BSU1BRzA1OTguanBn.jpg

I drove in and out just fine:)

i've got about 4-5k on mine and look like brand new !!!
Do exceptionally well in the snow.
Pulled my trailer and gf's sled up the mountain a few weeks ago, road had about 10-12 inches of fresh pow, im stock.... blazed trail past 3/4 ton trucks stuck in the middle of the road. .. pulling about 2500 lbs !!!

Ordering a set of 265/70/16s (metric 31s) gaurd dogs this weekend. Was gonna get general grabber at2s but I really wanted a MT and with the gaurd dogs slightly less spaced tread and the price I just couldn't resist!

I've had my guard dogs since feb 28th and love em. Snow, mud, sand, trees they perform well all around. Only one complaint, people say that they can hear em when im talkin on the phone using speakerphone. fine by me since talkin on the phone only interupts my pandora

Yep! Just found out about Treadwright from my brother, then i found this thread! looks like im going to order a set too!! Ive been hounding craigslist for 2 weeks trying to find some tires lol. Ill put up pics when i get them!

Back