• Register Today It's free!

think i have a short

kidd666

Reaction score
City, State
reno, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 xlt
i was wireing up a light up rear license plate and had the parking lights on in the process. i cut the wires for one of my licens plate lights and spliced in the plate now my parking lights wont work. i can pull my head light knob all the way out and the head lights turn on but there is no parking lights at all. any thoughts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all of the fuses are fine that was the first thing i checked and i took out the license plate lights but still no parking lights. and if the headlight knob is pulled out past the parking light spot but not to the headlight spot the parking lights will come on

The switch could also be bad as well, might've just chose this time to go out.

Easy fix.

thats another thing i tried too got a brand new one and same problem as the old one

ok i still have this problem. let me refrase what happened to start. when i was hooking up the licensplate frame i cut the wires for the licensplate light. when i cut the wires i cut them at the same time while there was power going to them. i have no idea what is wrong and i need help because i cant drive it at night now

No I don't and yeah it is

Could I have possibly gotten a bad new switch. And can someone get me a diagram of what all the prongs are for on the headlight switch

Could I have possibly gotten a bad new switch. And can someone get me a diagram of what all the prongs are for on the headlight switch

Could be, but I think your problem lies with a grounding issue. Or you have a bad wire.

Because you said in an earlier post, that you had your lights on when you attempted to hook up the lighted tag frame....this is what leads me to believe you have a bad ground or loose ground. IIRC the light switch is grounded in the driver side kick panel where the parking brake is.

im a friking idiot. i had checked my fuses by looking at them but not with a test light. so i looked at them with a test light and of course i had a blown fuse. i feel like such an idiot

im a friking idiot. i had checked my fuses by looking at them but not with a test light. so i looked at them with a test light and of course i had a blown fuse. i feel like such an idiot

It happens to the best of us! :D

Good news is your wiring is good, because the fuse box did as it was designed. So you could prob disregard my previous post.

I did the same thing years ago trying to hook one of those lighted tag frames up on a truck I used to have. Blew a fuse... I trashed the frame and replaced the fuse, and gave up on the idea.

It happens to the best of us! :D

Good news is your wiring is good, because the fuse box did as it was designed. So you could prob disregard my previous post.

I did the same thing years ago trying to hook one of those lighted tag frames up on a truck I used to have. Blew a fuse... I trashed the frame and replaced the fuse, and gave up on the idea.

I don't think I'm that smart I like all the lighted bs

Back