2013 Ford Explorer Orders | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer Orders

oakjefferson

Reaction score
Everything I've read including the production schedule tells me I should be able to place orders for 2013's now. Every dealer I phone (in Canada) saying can't even talk about 2013's until the summer, and can't order until last summer.

Has anyone had success in pricing/ordering a 2013, Canada or the States?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2013 order

I have an order for a 2013 XLT placed on January 10th; I had three different retailers, none could order 2012 after January 10th (or so they say :) )

Everything I've read including the production schedule tells me I should be able to place orders for 2013's now. Every dealer I phone (in Canada) saying can't even talk about 2013's until the summer, and can't order until last summer.

Has anyone had success in pricing/ordering a 2013, Canada or the States?
From what I've read on this forum, the 2013 models that are being ordered now will be delivered to the dealers in March.

Peter

I have an order for a 2013 XLT placed on January 10th; I had three different retailers, none could order 2012 after January 10th (or so they say :) )
Hi flamidey, welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
I hope you enjoy your new ride when it arrives. Got mine last March and love it.

Peter

I placed my order for a 2013 Limited 4X4 on November 21 2011 through the Military car sales program, ENCS. So I am sure you can order 2013's now. Does anyone know if the 2013's second row captains chairs will slide?

Can someone explain to me why Ford is selling 2013 in Jan of 2012 with delivery in March
Please make me understand. I own a 2011 ordered dec. 28 2010 took delivery feb 2011.
What happened to 2012???????????

Can someone explain to me why Ford is selling 2013 in Jan of 2012 with delivery in March
Please make me understand. I own a 2011 ordered dec. 28 2010 took delivery feb 2011.

You see, 2013 is going to be a great year for America, the Chicago Bears and the Chicago Cubs. The Explorer is built in this town. And we want to get there as fast as possible.

I ordered my 2013 Limited 1/11/2012 after winning it in a contest at work. I'm dreaming about that car on a regular basis. I'm already looking at things I can do to it to make it stand out.

Phoned a couple of dealers. They can create a 2013 order, but it essentially just sits in the system. They have no pricing, lease/finance rates, redicual etc. It's bascilly like checking off an option list without pricing.

The guys that have ordered, did you have all the #'s locked in?

Phoned a couple of dealers. They can create a 2013 order, but it essentially just sits in the system. They have no pricing, lease/finance rates, redicual etc. It's bascilly like checking off an option list without pricing.

I think my dealer had a list of options (rear cam included in 201A now, power liftgate included), updated colors. He says he has a production number now. I have the full price total but I didn't need a lease so I couldn't elle about this part.

It's what they call a 'short model year'. Several new 2013 models are being introduced in March along with the new and hopefully improved MFT.

Peter

Go on Peter, don't be scared... dare to say it.... the new and improved MFT!!!!

I am stationed in Italy and I ordered my 2013 Explorer through the Overseas Military Sales program. I have signed a Order Acceptance letter, and have a price locked in.... Here is what my quote is....

K8F 2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD 4 Door $38,107 this is after a $1,250 Rebate

302A LUX Seat Pkge/BLIS Plus Inflatable Rear Seatbelt Pkge $5,174.50

173 Second Row Bucket Seats $693.50

EXUG White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat $457.00

52T Class III Trailer Tow Package $526.00

51D 2nd Row Console $92.00

DFRT US (Domestic) Inland Freight Charge $825.00

FFTC Allowance for Gasoline + $25.00 Credit

Total Price is $45,850

Does this sound like a fair deal?

Yep, they gave me a price on the X Plan a limited, 302A w/ Moon Roof and polished wheels, all weather mats and splashguards was something like $49k.

I am stationed in Italy and I ordered my 2013 Explorer through the Overseas Military Sales program. I have signed a Order Acceptance letter, and have a price locked in.... Here is what my quote is....

K8F 2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD 4 Door $38,107 this is after a $1,250 Rebate

302A LUX Seat Pkge/BLIS Plus Inflatable Rear Seatbelt Pkge $5,174.50

173 Second Row Bucket Seats $693.50

EXUG White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat $457.00

52T Class III Trailer Tow Package $526.00

51D 2nd Row Console $92.00

DFRT US (Domestic) Inland Freight Charge $825.00

FFTC Allowance for Gasoline + $25.00 Credit

Total Price is $45,850

Does this sound like a fair deal?

That sounds like a really good deal actually... I didn't get the 2nd row seats or the console. Mine was Tuxedo Black, and I got the moonroof. So basically, the same package cost wise and mine was around 49K.

Maybe we're just behind the curve in Canada. Doesn't make sense though, they're all pulling from one factory.
That is true but the packges are different and so are the prices.

Peter

I'm in Spain going through ENCS and my buyers quote prices are different than what you posted. I don't have the order acceptance letter yet though...Did your prices fluctuate between what ENCS quoted and what Ford sent back? 302A for example on my buyers offer is $5969.50...I asked my rep to give me a 2013 Limited with "everything" and it came out to 47594.50. Hmmm...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ENCS Price

I'm in Spain going through ENCS and my buyers quote prices are different than what you posted. I don't have the order acceptance letter yet though...Did your prices fluctuate between what ENCS quoted and what Ford sent back? 302A for example on my buyers offer is $5969.50...I asked my rep to give me a 2013 Limited with "everything" and it came out to 47594.50. Hmmm...

Yes if you look at it again there is a 302A package credit of $795.00, so $5969.50 - $795.00 = $5174.50.

I did not include Extended Warranty, OPP Overseas protection, or transport fees to Italy. When you asked for everything did that include 4WD, sunroof, 2nd row captains chairs, and second row center console?

My Options included 4WD, Second row captains chairs, second row center console, the Tri-Coat metallic paint, and OPFH 7 year extended warranty with overseas coverage.

Total cost after all charges including shipping is $49,505 after the most recent adjustment dated 26 Jan 2012.

Price before shipping and extended warranty is $45,850 and the price with it is $49,505.

:usa:

Back