Solved - Fuse and relay locations--2nd generation power distribution box Layout- | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Fuse and relay locations--2nd generation power distribution box Layout-

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
my 2000 has another fuse box just below battery, What are they for?

Did you figure it out? Good luck. As for the 2007, jjfbugs09, start a new thread, maybe some one else will see it. Good luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is great.

Where is the layout for the blower motor realy box behind the headlight?

Man, this truck is harder to troubleshoot than ever.

i have a poblem with my 98 ford explorer when i put the key in on position the check engine light don't come on someone told me its my eec power relay is bad, but can't find it under the hood. can someone help me

i have a poblem with my 98 ford explorer when i put the key in on position the check engine light don't come on someone told me its my eec power relay is bad, but can't find it under the hood. can someone help me

eec? I think Ford calls it a PCM. should be a relay in the power distribution box under the dash. have an owners manual? nevermind, just check out the first post in this thread, there is a 30 amp relay for the PCM in slot ten.

good luck

i checked all the relay the fuel pump cut of swich even checked the coerl pack everything read good is there anything else that would cause it not to start and i can hear the fuel pump kick on every time i put the key in the on position. thanks for your help.

i checked all the relay the fuel pump cut of swich even checked the coerl pack everything read good is there anything else that would cause it not to start and i can hear the fuel pump kick on every time i put the key in the on position. thanks for your help.

Sorry harry, you asked the question, where is the eec relay? I was simply answering that question, and saying that the eec relay is actually called the PCM relay, and it is in slot 10 in the power distribution box.

start a new thread with your no start question and somebody here may be able to help you out.

also the check engine light should come on momentarily with the key in the on position, might be a good idea to test that bulb also.

Here's your thread for PCM Power

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2368427

ok my 93 explorer is blowin the ignition fuses wat could it be n how can i troubleshoot to find the problem

I was blowing the fuel pump fuse in the power dist box by the brake booster. Brought it to my friend / mechanic to diagnose. He did nothing more than remove the plastic box from the mount, put it back on and whatever was shorting, was not any more. He admitted he found nothing really, but the short was gone. It's been 1.5 years now, no recurrence. Don't know if your blowing fuses in side the cabin, or under the hood, but if it's the latter, maybe a quick jiggle of the box will do it! Good luck.

hey john thanks but mine is blowin the ignition fuse under the hood , i have narrowed it dwn to the ignition switch or my coil pack , there is a bad wire sum were . I redid every wire it my cabin today n found nothing so its under the hood , i jus wish i had a way of knowin with out diggin in to her to much u knw but i will try removing the mounts n jiggling it , hehehw funny how that works huh

ok well i slid my hands around all the wires on my coil pack n gess wat i found a bare wire sittin on my tranny caseing hummm i wondef if thats the prob , but i only got one more fuse to try , should i try it out or wait till i replace my ignition ,

ok well i slid my hands around all the wires on my coil pack n gess wat i found a bare wire sittin on my tranny caseing hummm i wondef if thats the prob , but i only got one more fuse to try , should i try it out or wait till i replace my ignition ,

Ranger relays

Thanks for these pics.

Does anyone have a description of the bank of relays under the dash to the right of the steering column? 98 Ranger 4x4, 4.0 L.

Thanks

2001 Ranger won't crank. New keys cut and programmed

Can anyone provide any information? Also the fuse box diagrams shown on this thread are not like the one on my vehicle. 2001 Ranger XLT 3.0 Manual Starter Relay? Can anyone let me know if there is such a thing on the vehicle described. Thanks:salute:

Need some help?

What fuse is for the driver seat electronics? 98 XLT V6

Looked through my manual and nothing says driver seat.

Help would be greatly appretiated!

Nvm I found it, its number 4 under the hood, but its not blown, so I dont know why my locks nor power seat is not working :/

On a 97 explorer where is the fuse for the power antenna?

Thanks for the hemp. i did not see it listed here.

On a 97 explorer where is the fuse for the power antenna?

Thanks for the hemp. i did not see it listed here.

It should be a 10Amp fuse in spot #1 located on the left side of the dash.

I got that info from this thread in above in spot #15.

I aim to please!

It should be a 10Amp fuse in spot #1 located on the left side of the dash.

I got that info from this thread in above in spot #15.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

can u tell me where the 4x4 relay & relay switch is located? im tryn fuses first, under hood but i need to know which relay switch is the 4x4 . n if the relay is a part that hooks up under the truck? its on a 2001 ford 4.0 4x4 slt.

Back