Installed my billete grille. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed my billete grille.

Looks good man. Makes me wish I still had my mustang. Gotta love the blue oval.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nicely done..im waiting on mine.ebay also.should be here in two days..might do the emblem on grill also but moded to black instead of blue

so does the grill get in the way of getting to the hood latch?

so does the grill get in the way of getting to the hood latch?

for yours yes. 95-97 the latch comes threw the grill. 98 and up is under the hood when its popped

guess im gonna have to modify :D so do i have to chop old grill or will it sit flush the way it is? mines supposed to be here by noon..hope it comes in.ill post pics when installed if you guys wanna see

Good question, many years ago I purchased the plastic mesh? like grille insert the 98+ have. As vroom said the latches are different, I did not know that at the time. I had to notch the plastic insert in order to use the latch. Looked into getting 98+ latch but it was quite expensive thru dealer and was not exactly sure how entailed the mod would be. I do not see how you could reach the latch with the billet grille.

When I had my 92 (Latch was like the 95-97) it came with a small flat metal piece that you had to drill onto the existing handle so you could still use the handle with the billette grille.

I never did finish installing it. (1. It was too long, and with only one bolt hole, it would turn rather than actually move the handle, 2. it would have stuck out through the grille and been an eye sore)

I left that plastic cover part off the top, under the hood, and I was able to reach my hand down when the hood was first popped to get to the handle.

Love how the headlight trim panel is painted to match the car. Plus do those headlights fit pretty snug and seated properly?

If you don't want to cut out the original grille, the street scene grille is a good option.
retrofit-firstlook.jpg
[/

Attachments

• street scene grille.jpg
    street scene grille.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 351

Sean that is one CLEAN Ex.

Beyond Clean, I really really dislike White Vehicles, but absolutely dig yours.

I'm trying to decide if I want to leave the Ford emblem off OR get a larger one off the Newer F-Series trucks. Yay or nay?

Holding the original Emblem on
IMAG0239.jpg

I'd try a centered emblem in the body color of your X with no bug deflector.

I wud say leave it off, everyone knows it is a FORD. How do u like those headlights?

I wud say leave it off, everyone knows it is a FORD. How do u like those headlights?

I'm liking it without the emblem so far. And the headlights look great but the light output could be better! Overall like it better than factory no doubt. I did notice recently the LED accent at the top doesn't flash with my blinkers? I also want to put SMD LED's in the turn signals but would need load resistors to prevent hyper flashing. Anyone ever wired those in before?

Oh and you'd be surprised at how many people don't realize it's an Explorer. It is sad, my mustang never gets mistaken for a camaro or chally but my poor baby above has been called a Bronco, Expedition , Jeep, Blazer, and actually today an Envoy. One of the worst but flattering misconceptions I received once about her what someone thought she was a 2010 truck.

1933 Ford v8 grille emblem? :)

Attachments

• v8.jpg
    v8.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 297

Sean im jealous of your front end :D
Its so damn fine!

1. I did notice recently the LED accent at the top doesn't flash with my blinkers?

2. I also want to put SMD LED's in the turn signals but would need load resistors to prevent hyper flashing. Anyone ever wired those in before?

1. Those are just the "corner" markers just like the stock housings, they dont flash.

2. Its VERY easy, and looks GREAT when done! Check out my thread, not sure what page, but I posted my LED conversion. The resistors are so easy to install, and only take a few minutes per bulb. I think I paid like 10$ for a set of 2 and we need 4 for the front.

I just changed my flasher relay and mine doesnt flash fast anymore.

Sean im jealous of your front end :D
Its so damn fine!

+1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back