Solid motor mounts?

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
anyone every seen or know where to get a set of Solid motor mounts?i hate the rubber crap now and they fail alot.i think im putting down alot of torq and after my charger goes on i know i will.all that tq and 4x4 seems to stress them to much and now i have very little clearance with headers and oil pan so dont want the motor rocking around.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I have seen, you will have to make the sold mounts, but, you might want to research that at bit more, esp. since you are looking at upping the output from the motor. You may find that the broken stock mount was a lesser problem...
An old and effective trick to help contain excessive engine movement is simply "chaining" the engine down.

From what I have seen, you will have to make the sold mounts, but, you might want to research that at bit more, esp. since you are looking at upping the output from the motor. You may find that the broken stock mount was a lesser problem...
An old and effective trick to help contain excessive engine movement is simply "chaining" the engine down.

all mounts are new.yea found one company that makes them but i need them to raise the motor up one inch,im going to make me a set soon:D
ps the motor has all ready been upped before the charger:D

On my Acura pushing 340WHP I blew the stock mounts about once a year.
Something that helped me was making a mold, dropping the stock mount in & filling the stock mounts with some 75A Urethane. After curing they held up pretty good.

On my Acura pushing 340WHP I blew the stock mounts about once a year.
Something that helped me was making a mold, dropping the stock mount in & filling the stock mounts with some 75A Urethane. After curing they held up pretty good.

Yea ive seen people do that and actually have a tube here.my problemb is they need to be taller also.

if it wasnt for the height issue, I'd vote for the chaining.

For those not familiar with "chaining", attach a chain from the drivers side of the engine (preferably on the front of the head) down to the frame. Leave enough slack so that vibrations are still isolated with the rubber mounts, but still draws tight (and assumes the stress) when under WOT. Attaching at the back of the engine head works too, but doesn't look so cool. heh

Been along time since I thought of that. Thanks for the flashback Backwoods. :)

got the metal today and cut them down.just need to weld them up and drill holes.i think i may take an old tire and cut it up to little squares and put them on the mounts to cut down on vibrations or allow a very little bit of movement,may take alittle stress off things.or you think just go solid ?

the material im making the mounts out of,top two is engine and bottom is trans.the engine ones still need to be cut down to an angle and plated[/B]
2012-02-10172013.jpg

like this but smaller
2012-02-10172058.jpg

Back