SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

I just renewed mine for $77/yr w/o traffic etc. I offered another $24 for traffic etc and the agent said he will contact his superviser and see. I had to call 3 times to get this rate. I never received any notice, the Sirius just cut off after my 6 months, so I called them as my wife needs her talk radio.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sgparnes said:
I just renewed mine for $77/yr w/o traffic etc. I offered another $24 for traffic etc and the agent said he will contact his superviser and see. I had to call 3 times to get this rate. I never received any notice, the Sirius just cut off after my 6 months, so I called them as my wife needs her talk radio.

You got traffic+travel for an extra $24/year???
Has anyone else gotten this kind of rate?

I got the $77/year for the radio.....but they want an unreasonable amount to add the rest ($140 if my memory is correct).

I have not gotten this rate yet. I did get the $77+. There was a previous post here about the $24 charge for the rest. Interesting, but I have XM in my office and another vehicle but they cannot combine the two accounts. They say different platforms?

I have the same issue, when I asked if my portable account would apply, they stated the same, weird.

I have not gotten this rate yet. I did get the $77+. There was a previous post here about the $24 charge for the rest. Interesting, but I have XM in my office and another vehicle but they cannot combine the two accounts. They say different platforms?
$24/year would be TravelLink, not Traffic. It is another $4/mo (not worth it for me.)

After reading this thread I asked for the 77.00 special and they would not give it to me. The CSR told me the promotions dept would have to contact me for this special. She said that would take 4-5 business days. What a joke.

They had a customer on the line who was willing to sign up (albeit a discounted rate) and they have to call me back in 4-5 days? You have to be kidding me. No wonder SiriusXM has never turned a profit.

So during this 4-5 days period Ive been waiting for a call back you know what Ive learned? Ive learned that I can live without satellite radio.

Keep up the great work SiriusXM :rolleyes:

They called our house and mailed stuff for about 3 weeks after ours expired. Finally asked what the deal was and we got the $77 deal as well.(plus tax )

Hi all,
We bought our EX as a demo and we've had it about 7 months. Yesterday I got a pop up indicating that my subscription was expired. I guess the subscription was only for a year and I've missed out on 5 months. I suppose the reason why nobody has contacted me is because I'm not on their contact list. Im new to Sirius, but everything seems to still be working and I can still listen to the Sirius stations and just have to cancel the pop up. Will this thing time bomb on me?
As well to any fellow CDN subscribers, what prices are you getting and what services actually work in Canada? I like Sirius channels and got addicted to them and just want to sure I'm armed with the right info before signing up

Thanks in advanced

Hassle canceling

I've been thinking of renewing in a couple of months when my 6 month trial expires. The $77/yr sounds great. If you haven't done so, do an internet search for "trouble canceling sirius subscription". You'll be amazed at the sleazy tactics people claim Sirius will do. Telling you that you are cancelled and not doing it, auto renewing on your credit card for the regular price even though you have cancelled, and if you push they will put a claim against you affecting your credit report.

I don't think I will renew based on the hassles people have cited. I only listen to a handful of music stations and can get by with regular radio, cd's, and my iPod.

Buyer beware.

Free subscription is for six months
Sorry couldn't resist!:D There are 70+ posts in this thread. I'm sure you will find your answers here somewhere. Try a search.

Hi all,
We bought our EX as a demo and we've had it about 7 months. Yesterday I got a pop up indicating that my subscription was expired. I guess the subscription was only for a year and I've missed out on 5 months. I suppose the reason why nobody has contacted me is because I'm not on their contact list. Im new to Sirius, but everything seems to still be working and I can still listen to the Sirius stations and just have to cancel the pop up. Will this thing time bomb on me?
As well to any fellow CDN subscribers, what prices are you getting and what services actually work in Canada? I like Sirius channels and got addicted to them and just want to sure I'm armed with the right info before signing up

Thanks in advanced
I renewed last September for 1 year at $192.10 including tax. I believe that the Vehicle Health Report and Traffic Alerts are not available here.
I would just keep listening until the music stops. Why pay for something that you seem to be getting for free. I think I'll let mine expire in September and then see what happens before deciding to renew or not.
When you bought the Explorer did it have the MyFord Touch, MyLincoln Touch Supplement with it? It contains some of the info that you are seeking.

Peter

So, how long does the free subscription last?

I renewed last September for 1 year at $192.10 including tax. I believe that the Vehicle Health Report and Traffic Alerts are not available here.
I would just keep listening until the music stops. Why pay for something that you seem to be getting for free. I think I'll let mine expire in September and then see what happens before deciding to renew or not.
When you bought the Explorer did it have the MyFord Touch, MyLincoln Touch Supplement with it? It contains some of the info that you are seeking.

Peter

Thanks Peter I'll let it go until I hear silence. I wasn't sure what services were available, but thanks for your input. I didn't see if the MFT supplement was with it. I'll check

Hey GWA. Looks like I'm at 7 months almost at 8 and haven't paid a cent. I'm not complainimg, but a warning comes up each time I turn on the radio. By the way I a did search and because it was past 6 months I decided to post.
Q: so how long does a free subscription last
A:

Thanks Peter I'll let it go until I hear silence. I wasn't sure what services were available, but thanks for your input. I didn't see if the MFT supplement was with it. I'll check

Hey GWA. Looks like I'm at 7 months almost at 8 and haven't paid a cent. I'm not complainimg, but a warning comes up each time I turn on the radio. By the way I a did search and because it was past 6 months I decided to post.
A:
You're welcome. So I guess the real answer to how long the free subscription lasts is; Until they (SIRIUS) shut it off! :)

Peter

A:

Mine lasted about two weeks after the six months. Hope your last as long as you own your Ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back