*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

And there is the issue... Ford is responsible for their dealers, and each seems to be communicating a different story. They are an extension of the Ford "Brand", and you shouldn't get a different story at each dealer. But, for a company that can't fix a radio, I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My X is in the shop for two TSB's. I played stupid and told my SA that syncmyride.com was telling me that the upgrade had to be done by them. I even printed the upgrade request form and brought it with me.

What I got back was a lecture from the SA on why I and syncmyride.com were wrong. And, that the USB/nav card combo I'm getting in the mail is the only way to upgrade because they are tied to my car's VIN number (LOL!). I decided to continue playing stupid and just nodded.

My Opinion...

As this is the "Official, I've received my USB" thread, HAS ANYONE, ANYWHERE actually received the updated software via mail? If not, FORD is really beginning to disgust me. THEY tell customers, the media, anyone who will listen that after prolonged delays and abysmal support that March 8th .... "the packages are in the mail". Now all joking aside, shouldn't someone have received it by now? I'm beginning to think those folks are lying. More likely, they would justify their actions by stating, "Well, we really meant, sent to the dealers" or "well, we really meant...in our warehouse, getting ready to ship". Well, i really mean....send it already.

As this is the "Official, I've received my USB" thread, HAS ANYONE, ANYWHERE actually received the updated software via mail? If not, FORD is really beginning to disgust me. THEY tell customers, the media, anyone who will listen that after prolonged delays and abysmal support that March 8th .... "the packages are in the mail". Now all joking aside, shouldn't someone have received it by now? I'm beginning to think those folks are lying. More likely, they would justify their actions by stating, "Well, we really meant, sent to the dealers" or "well, we really meant...in our warehouse, getting ready to ship". Well, i really mean....send it already.
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and the just received the letter about the performance upgrade from Ford Canada the day before. It said that Canadian customers would be sent a letter toward the end of March. No indication of what if anything else is being sent. Mine has to go to the dealer but they do not have any SD cards and do not know if any will be sent to them.

Peter

Agreed. It seems as if ford didn't send any out yet.

My X is in the shop for two TSB's. I played stupid and told my SA that syncmyride.com was telling me that the upgrade had to be done by them. I even printed the upgrade request form and brought it with me.

What I got back was a lecture from the SA on why I and syncmyride.com were wrong. And, that the USB/nav card combo I'm getting in the mail is the only way to upgrade because they are tied to my car's VIN number (LOL!). I decided to continue playing stupid and just nodded.

Are you able to find out what the missing software is for the early build 2011 Explorers is that requires us to attend the dealership?

I spoke with my dealer yesterday and the just received the letter about the performance upgrade from Ford Canada the day before. It said that Canadian customers would be sent a letter toward the end of March. No indication of what if anything else is being sent. Mine has to go to the dealer but they do not have any SD cards and do not know if any will be sent to them.

Peter

Another fine example of good Corporate communication.

Release the software but then don't provide the SD card thats required to allow the software to work with MFT Navigation.

If they had been mailed, even via a slow method like Parcel Post, at the very least the people near where they were mailed from would've received them in a couple days. They were not mailed on the 8th.

I work in advertising and we do bulk mailings regularly. It takes a few days to pack, label, process, and deliver materials to the carrier (UPS, FedEX, USPS, etc.) Then, depending on the delivery method, it can take between 5 days and two weeks for delivery to the customer. As an example, USPS second-class mail will take two weeks to deliver a package from one city to the next within the same State.

I would venture to say that we should start to see deliveries next week or the week of the 26th, not before.

Are you able to find out what the missing software is for the early build 2011 Explorers is that requires us to attend the dealership?

I have an early 2011 that says "dealer required update" ... I updated using a friends download from syncmyride, and IVT made the local dealer give me an SD card... Everything is working as expected, just FYI ... I'm not sure that there really is a difference ...

Someone with a Lincoln product in Texas reported receiving the upgrade in the mail already on syncmyride.com.

I was taking mine into the dealer so as to get my damage repaired so I asked them to do it then and they pleasantly agreed without any hesitation. The only thing he did say is that he had to order a part for it (I assume it was the SD card). No questions asked.

Does anyone know of a place other than syncmyride.com that has this elusive update? I know my current version is 2.11, I don't have NAV and the upgrade should work for me. But until now, I haven't received any USB sticks and somehow ford think's I should take mine to the dealer X-(

Does anyone know of a place other than syncmyride.com that has this elusive update? I know my current version is 2.11, I don't have NAV and the upgrade should work for me. But until now, I haven't received any USB sticks and somehow ford think's I should take mine to the dealer X-(

Links posted have been taken down... they're afraid of offending Ford around here for some reason =P ...

Links posted have been taken down... they're afraid of offending Ford around here for some reason =P ...

Ford Explorer site on facebook.

My friend with a Lincoln MKX got his yesterday. I am still waiting.

Taking care of their "premium" customers first. At least we know they are out there.

I'll wait for a forum member with an Explorer to report receiving their mailing before I update my post. However, it is good news to hear someone received it by mail!

I don't know if Rebecca is watching this thread anymore, but I think that she needs to get us clear information on why some of the vehicles have to go to the dealership for the update. I am one of those vehicles, though updated using the download from syncmyride before it was changed to "dealer only". So far everything seems to be fine, but I need to know what potential problems I might have if I don't take it in to be flashed by the dealer.

What exactly was the cause for the vehicles that got the message "Dealer only install"...

I've gotten so many different answers from Ford reps about this. Half have said that there is some patch that needs to be applied, and others said it's just the way the vehicle was purchased (fleet, or lease vehicle). If the latter then the upgrade I did should be fine, if the former then I expect to have potential problems that I'd like to mitigate.

Can you please go to whoever you go to, and get a DEFINITIVE explanation of the reasoning behind the "dealer only" upgrades?

I don't know if Rebecca is watching this thread anymore, but I think that she needs to get us clear information on why some of the vehicles have to go to the dealership for the update. I am one of those vehicles, though updated using the download from syncmyride before it was changed to "dealer only". So far everything seems to be fine, but I need to know what potential problems I might have if I don't take it in to be flashed by the dealer.

What exactly was the cause for the vehicles that got the message "Dealer only install"...

I've gotten so many different answers from Ford reps about this. Half have said that there is some patch that needs to be applied, and others said it's just the way the vehicle was purchased (fleet, or lease vehicle). If the latter then the upgrade I did should be fine, if the former then I expect to have potential problems that I'd like to mitigate.

Can you please go to whoever you go to, and get a DEFINITIVE explanation of the reasoning behind the "dealer only" upgrades?

A person on FB stated that the tech at the dealer said the instructions said to run the fans during the update so there may be a concern of early models overheating during the upgrade process.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A person on FB stated that the tech at the dealer said the instructions said to run the fans during the update so there may be a concern of early models overheating during the upgrade process.

I saw a similar post on Syncmyride where a dealer showed someone a notification that Explorers built before May 2011 had to be upgraded by a dealer due to potential problems with idling too long. He did not say what the potential problem was. So, is all this just because of the fan assembly and a chance of overheating and they want to check fans? I had my fans replaced last August.

Back