MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Just got mine today

Big shiny blue envelope - already had it updated at the dealer, though, so this was a little anti-climactic for me. Love the new system, though! I have yet to meet a computer I couldn't eventually crash, but so far this thing is holding up to the abuse!

I have a 2011 Explorer Limited, ~April 2011 build date, upgraded from 2.11. I'm in the Pittsburgh area, so hopefully folks in the Midwest will start seeing theirs soon.

I must say the Nav is definitely the best improvement IMHO. It is sooooooo smooth now and actually does what I ask it to (egads!).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today is the 7th mail day.

Looks like one (Capman, Cranberry, Pa) has received theirs and hopefully more will be receiving the update or letters from Ford. I live in Western Arkansas and hope to receive something from Ford soon.

First PM from Rebecca "I checked your VIN and you will have to go to the dealer for your install. You will only be receiving a letter in the mail stating to go to your dealer. If you need help setting up the appointment, you can call our IVT team at 800-392-4040.

Second PM from Rebecca"The process for the dealers is in their system as soon as they pull up your VIN (it's even highlighted in yellow. The dealer will have to order a new card if they don't have any more, they should also have that process. The 4040 number below can also help set the appointment up for you and make sure the dealer will have an SD card."

Keep the responses coming.

Big shiny blue envelope - already had it updated at the dealer, though, so this was a little anti-climactic for me. Love the new system, though! I have yet to meet a computer I couldn't eventually crash, but so far this thing is holding up to the abuse!

I have a 2011 Explorer Limited, ~April 2011 build date, upgraded from 2.11. I'm in the Pittsburgh area, so hopefully folks in the Midwest will start seeing theirs soon.

I must say the Nav is definitely the best improvement IMHO. It is sooooooo smooth now and actually does what I ask it to (egads!).

Did it come in your regular mail service?

I'm in joysey (new jersey) so hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow!!!!

vig1116, DUDE DONT GET SO UP TIGHT IF U WHERE PANTY'S THAT IS UR ISSUE, I'M JUST SICK OF PEOPLE ASKING THE SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN, IS YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF WELL GREAT OTHERS DONT OK!!!!!!! SO I'M JUST DOING WHAT I FEEL LIKE DOING SO AGAIN THIS SITE IS NOT TO INSULT BUT TO HELP !!!

Fight Fight Fight Fight. Yaaaaaahhhhh. Fight. Why don't you guys take this anger out on the Ford people. They are the liars and cheats and incompetent ***** here. By the way Newport.The reason you have to take it to the dealers is so they can see if it is going to overheat. Has nothing to do with an upgrade of software that was missing. That was all lies. Oh yah. The new upgrade sucks. I have it. My old version worked really good. This one. SUCKS.

vig1116, DUDE DONT GET SO UP TIGHT IF U WHERE PANTY'S THAT IS UR ISSUE, I'M JUST SICK OF PEOPLE ASKING THE SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN, IS YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF WELL GREAT OTHERS DONT OK!!!!!!! SO I'M JUST DOING WHAT I FEEL LIKE DOING SO AGAIN THIS SITE IS NOT TO INSULT BUT TO HELP !!!

exactly, this site is for other owners to express their problems and concerns. So what in your response that insinuates if you did the install yourself you are stupid is helping???? Yes some of us it said to go to dealer but we are getting the biggest run around from dealers, IVT, ford and anywhere else we look for answers that we took it upon ourselves to try what we can. Now that we did this we are telling others what is happening so that we can figure out what the deal is. And the big software thing that they told us why we had to go to the dealer may have been false so your previous 5 postings of:
Again all ex owners that have been told go to the dealer to have the up grade done must go to dealer, there is a patch that the dealer has to install !!!!!!!!! Do it right and don't blame ford if you did not follow instructions .............. !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is inacurate......................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!.!.!.!.!.!

Look to all whom i have offened, i'm sorry to all !!! I just happen to trust my dealership smith carins ford in yonkers ny. They have never lied to me nor given me a had time mis understanding yes but always give me what i want, that ford is lyeing i dont think so here is why i beleave that they ahve not been properly trained and are just say what the feel is right, i spoke to one by the name courtney and she told me what later i verify was the truth, so to all that are having issue i have emphaty so soory to have offened anyone !!!

Firefox has a really nice spell checker. :) Just throwing that out there, lol. I'm trying to type this out on my tablet and it is driving me nuts! It's a game now to see what my clumsy fingers in conjunction with the on-screen keyboard will come up with!

Random thought concluded.

Look to all whom i have offened, i'm sorry to all !!! I just happen to trust my dealership smith carins ford in yonkers ny. They have never lied to me nor given me a had time mis understanding yes but always give me what i want, that ford is lyeing i dont think so here is why i beleave that they ahve not been properly trained and are just say what the feel is right, i spoke to one by the name courtney and she told me what later i verify was the truth, so to all that are having issue i have emphaty so soory to have offened anyone !!!

I'm sure no one was offended by you, we're pissed at ford (not the dealers) for everything that is wrong but could have been avoided if they respected their customers enough to fix what was wrong instead of "taking care of it down the road" mentality.. To those that have jobs that take up most of their week, they don't want to spend the rest of their time dealing with their car problems on the phone or at dealerships.. This site is a big help for all of us wanting info on what we're going through.

NEWPORTNJ

All we were looking for was some clear, concise direction from Ford as to how they are going to rollout the Performance Upgrade.

Be honest and your customers (who have been waiting a year) will be much more tolerant.

But when we see the confusion we have now its beyond frustrating.

How hard would it have been to add the patch thats required for the early build 2011 Explorers in the USB drive? When you plug the drive in it verifies the VIN and then knows it must include the patch if required or it doesn't.

This extra bit of confusion should have been completely invisible to the end user.

Secondly, making unhappy owners make another trip to dealer is difficult for some because of geographical locations, or just the time and hassle of being without a vehicle .
The IVT has been working on this Upgrade before V2.11 was released. Why not dump that patch onto the early builds when we all upgraded to v2.11? Thus saving the need for the extra trip to the dealership.

Why not make the patch available to owners on SYNCMYRIDE?

Why tell owners to head to dealership only to have the dealers argue with the owners telling them the complete opposite of what IVT is saying?

IVT says the dealers will have the V3 SD map card, dealers say nope your getting it in the mail. Owners are phoning IVT and getting IVT to phone dealers and educate them on the company is doing.

Seriously?....the customer is now facilitating Ford internal communication strategies?

So the owner who has had a $50K vehicle without full functionality for the past year is being treated like they are owed nothing, just another whining customer.

To your point about getting the dealer to do the install and that will solve your problems, I don't see that as being accurate based what others are seeing after installing the Upgrade successfully.

The intent of this thread was to inform each other on when they received a letter or update package from Ford.

We can discuss all day what the dealers say and you probably won't get a matching response. I trust this site more then my dealer and appreciate Cory, Rebecca and IVT team responses on the issues. We all get inpatient, including me, for an answer. I trust Ford, they are a survivor and will continue to be.

I realize that they can't just up and give you a SWAG like some dealers. They are here to inform you on what Ford is doing and how it will be accomplished.

If they say it has been shipped then it has been shipped. I am just curious of when others like Capman has received the Ford packet/letter. Based upon Capman response, I would expect mine any day now.

Keep smiling :)

don't count on it. checked my mail earlier and nothing... i live in nj, capman in PA so there shouldn't be much of a delay from him to me if they sent it out together... but who knows, with 300,000 vehicles my mailing will probably be the 299,999 sent... lol I'm just curious why i haven't heard a peep from ford or my dealer about this when others have received mail and emails and such weeks ago saying they'll be getting the update soon.... if it wasn't for this site id be lost with this....

I too received my shiny blue package today. I opened it eagerly, read the form letter, and was ready to go. But wait, the USB drive and SD card were not included. A nice foam area to protect, well, nothing. Comical. I called Ford and they told me it will take 15 days for a new package to arrive. Hopefully with a USB card and SD card included this time.

My upgrade package arrived this morning - installed it while driving home from the farmer's market. Upgrade took 33 minutes to complete.

Since it finished 45 minutes ago, I don't know if I like/dislike it yet... I'll post back later.

My Update came in the mail Saturday.. what a surprise. Been waiting for this for a while since I have been very disappointed in the performance of the unit. I must say that so far this update is performing great. the system feels a lot snappier. Great job Ford on addressing this issue and making it right.

Now issue a performance update for our motors to perform a little better. to most the explorer probably feels like it has plenty of power. I feel it kinda lacks a little HP and torque in the low RPM range. Anyhow just my opinion and test its probably just me :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

don't count on it. checked my mail earlier and nothing... i live in nj, capman in PA so there shouldn't be much of a delay from him to me if they sent it out together... but who knows, with 300,000 vehicles my mailing will probably be the 299,999 sent... lol I'm just curious why i haven't heard a peep from ford or my dealer about this when others have received mail and emails and such weeks ago saying they'll be getting the update soon.... if it wasn't for this site id be lost with this....

Did you call ford to make sure they have your correct address? It couldn't hurt.

Back