MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Just Received It

Received my upgrade, Saturday, March 17 in Newtown, Pennsylvania. Install took 45 minutes. It's ok, so far, not great. Still has some problems indexing ipod.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine arrived today in Central NJ....

...will be installing this evening....you know....once my wife brings home "my" Explorer from work.

We haven't experienced the magnitude of issues which many here have endured--other than the radio controls being "grayed out" a couple times and most recently--not being able to play my iPod after having streamed music via bluetooth from my phone. Both were rectified by disconnecting the car battery for 10 seconds.

Definitely interested to see what the changes and new functionality are both like.

Will report back!

Tim

Got mine in the mail today!

Got mine and I am in Baltimore. The install went smoothly and so far it seems to be a major improvement. I will say that I do miss the temperature on the big screen.

Didn't get mine in the mail but my dealer did the install and NAV for me, I will give him card back when mine arrives. So far feels and looks pretty solid....I am hopeful! :chug:

Got mine today.....long island NY. New nav is awesome!

Seems to be getting to the Northeast people first.

Didn't get mine in the mail but my dealer did the install and NAV for me, I will give him card back when mine arrives. So far feels and looks pretty solid....I am hopeful! :chug:

Got home from Gym and blue envelope was in mailbox, Long Island, NY.....go figure.

Well I took my Explorer out for a quick drive, I tried clicking on the nav and everything locked up. The iPod kept playing and I could seek the next song on the steering wheel but it was stuck on the locked up media screen. Several minutes later the nav screen came up and was updating properly, but the red media quadrant completely disappeared. I restarted the car when I got home and it went into system maintenance.

Did you call ford to make sure they have your correct address? It couldn't hurt.

they have my correct address where they send my monthly bill to!!! lmao i think its because i have early model 2011 so i have to go to dealer, but i havnt even gotten a single letter.....

Well I took my Explorer out for a quick drive, I tried clicking on the nav and everything locked up. The iPod kept playing and I could seek the next song on the steering wheel but it was stuck on the locked up media screen. Several minutes later the nav screen came up and was updating properly, but the red media quadrant completely disappeared. I restarted the car when I got home and it went into system maintenance.

Do a fuse pull. Mine acted buggy at first but after fuse pull, no problems since.

I received upgrade in mail today.(I did upgrade last week via syncmyride, just had to wait or A3 card) 5/11 build. Never received an email or letter about it. Just showed upon mail today. I heard about it fom this forum, not Ford

I talked to a Ford rep at the Columbus auto show and he told me they were sending the updates out in order of when the vehicle was purchased. He said since I bought mine in January I wasn't 1st on the list and should receive within a month. I'm sure this was a load of BS and I'm seriously getting sick of waiting for my car to function properly.

I talked to a Ford rep at the Columbus auto show and he told me they were sending the updates out in order of when the vehicle was purchased. He said since I bought mine in January I wasn't 1st on the list and should receive within a month. I'm sure this was a load of BS and I'm seriously getting sick of waiting for my car to function properly.

I got mine in the mail yesterday (2011 Explorer/ took delivery May 2011 from factory order). The Stock 2011 Explorer Forum has a thread similar to this one and it looks like people in California have either gotten them over the weekend or are getting them now. I was surprised since I have a pre May 2011 build, I assumed I would be getting a letter saying go to the dealer to install, but I got the USB and nav card in the shiny blue package.

Since the packages have reached both coasts, I assume everyone will have them soon. Couldn't install last night b/c I was stuck till midnight doing homework/study duty for my kids (HS these days is much worse load wise than I remember). I will install tonight and see if the update fixes my Bluetooth Audio/ USB Audio/ Nav bugs.

Good luck.

I agree, as I am too sick of waiting for my vehicle to function properly. My 2011 Ex was a 12/10 build date, so if they were sending them out in order of build date, I'd have mine. Again, FORD is 100% incapable of being honest or transparent about the issue... But, I guess we should just be patient and understanding??? I am so sick of this S**T!!!!! SHAME ON YOU FORD!

I recieved mine in the mail today in nc. My purchase date was 9/5

I agree, as I am too sick of waiting for my vehicle to function properly. My 2011 Ex was a 12/10 build date, so if they were sending them out in order of build date, I'd have mine. Again, FORD is 100% incapable of being honest or transparent about the issue... But, I guess we should just be patient and understanding??? I am so sick of this S**T!!!!! SHAME ON YOU FORD!

You do realize that you don't have to wait right? You can go to the dealer and have them do it?

That's how I had mine done. I didn't want to wait so I had them do it.

got mine yesterday. will have to schedule a trip to the dealer for the install.

got mine yesterday. will have to schedule a trip to the dealer for the install.

Why not do it yourself? Saves a trip to the dealer and would take less time, especially if you plan to go to KG in BP

Why not do it yourself? Saves a trip to the dealer and would take less time, especially if you plan to go to KG in BP

no time. I have a shoot with a McLaren MP4-12C that I'm working the details with this week. outside of work and photoshoots, I just don't have the time :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Once you get it started, you can drive the vehicle, just plan to do it when you have an hour or so drive ahead of you.

Back