*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

While on a route, I really like how the Nav shows the exit on the right side of the screen. From what I have seen so far, its very accurate to what the actual signs look like and read.....and it highlights the one brighter for which one you need to take........

Nav.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine hasn't shown any bugs yet, but I do see some things I'd like to have changed. I miss being able to have my background as the ONLY thing on the screen besides the four tabs in the corner and the fact it still doesn't recognize CD names and CD song names.

Other members have reported some weird behavior after installing until a fuse pull.

which fuse do you pull and from where? might come in handy after I have this update done.

Fuse #29, located in the fuse block under the dash to the upper left of the brake pedal, on the side. Have fun, its challenging to get to.

Fuse #29, located in the fuse block under the dash to the upper left of the brake pedal, on the side. Have fun, its challenging to get to.

Apparently on the 2012's there is a panel you have to remove to get at it. They made it more difficult to get to.

Alternatively, you can unplug the battery terminal for a few minutes.

Omg, really, would a bigger hammer fix the MFT, we told Ford, they should have given the beta test to our forum users

Day 2 with new MFT. Phone did not pair automatically. Using USB, could not skip songs using the steering wheel controls or touchscreen. Regardless of which button was pushed (skip forward or skip backward) the current song kept starting over.

Day 2 with new MFT. Phone did not pair automatically. Using USB, could not skip songs using the steering wheel controls or touchscreen. Regardless of which button was pushed (skip forward or skip backward) the current song kept starting over.

If the song is playing and you press the skip back button, the first press takes it to the beginning of the song, you have to double press the skip back button to go back past the beginning of the song.

If the song is playing and you press the skip back button, the first press takes it to the beginning of the song, you have to double press the skip back button to go back past the beginning of the song.

Yes, I realize that and it worked properly prior to upgrade. Now, no matter how many times I press the skip back button it just restarts the same song. Even worse, when I press the skip forward button it restarts the song I'm listening to so effectively the skip back and the skip forward buttons are doing the exact same thing.

Issues

Here are the issues I have come across in the updated MFT

1) Nextel's Direct Connect no longer works in this version

2) As stated previously, its annoying not to be able to see the Song Titles from Sirius on the bottom left corner of the home screen. I can only view them if I am in another window

3) There should be an option, like in the older version, to have just the wallpaper showing. I don't like the constant overlay.

4) After installing the upgrade, it worked fine for a few days, then the voice prompts would not work. Id press the button, no beep, but the bottom left corner said listening. Nothing worked. I had to do a Master Reset

5) In the Navigation Address Book, has anyone else not been able to put a space in? I have to add my saved locations as "FirstName-LastName"

6) Does it seem like everything sounds like something else for Voice Tagging? In the old version, I had a voice tag for all of my 15 locations. Maybe it told me once that it sounded like another command. On the new version, 13 out of 15 said they were too similar. I am gonna have a heck of a time remembering what I called things.

I dont know why they do Beta testing.....are you telling me that noone saw any of these issues we have mentioned? They really need to allow us to do the testing for them. Guaranteed you would not have any of these issues if they were brought to light during their 4 month beta test.

Previously if my iPod was playing I could ask for songs, playlist etc. directly after pressing the voice button. Now I need to say "iPod" first.

The space bar intermittently disables when naming a favorite. Seems to happen once you put in an address. If you come back later after a restart the space seems to enable again.

Ha! And you guys made fun of me when I started this thread! I'm not so sure about upgrading now. I finally got 2.11 to work most of the time (about 70%). It seems the new version is not so hot after all...

Ha! And you guys made fun of me when I started this thread! I'm not so sure about upgrading now. I finally got 2.11 to work most of the time (about 70%). It seems the new version is not so hot after all...

It seems to be getting better with time. I think on a virgin install it is overwhelmed with the new devices and initializing the nav for the first time. There are still some quirks but it seems to be settling down a bit and is far better than 2.11. It is a major re-write, I am sure that this will be followed up with a bug fix version in the next few months. I do like that the nav has a much more extensive speed limit list, previously it only seemed to have highway, now it seems to have almost everything except residential streets which are 25.

I think on a virgin install it is overwhelmed with the new devices and initializing the nav for the first time. There are still some quirks but it seems to be settling down a bit and is far better than 2.11. .

Have to agree, so far after a few days it seems more stable, smoother and so far no crashes which for me is like another sign of the apocalypse! Mine use to crash or freeze 2 or 3 times a week.

When you push on the screen you get the beep right away. In 2.11 it reminded me of the old Godzilla movies where the guys mouth moved for 2 minutes then finally a voice came out and said... "It's Godzilla"!

All in all a move in the right direction I hope!! I am still waiting for the sky to fall....:confused:

Here is another improvement. In the phone book when I look up a contact I can now see their address, but unfortunately I can't navigate to that address from the contacts. I have to manually enter the address and save it in the nav favorites.

Here is another improvement. In the phone book when I look up a contact I can now see their address, but unfortunately I can't navigate to that address from the contacts. I have to manually enter the address and save it in the nav favorites.

I wonder if they actually improved anything with the new software or just removed features to make it run/respond faster?

Most of us are happy with the update. You're missing out....its like night and day.

Oh No Question about it. The update is phenomenal. It fixed a major amount of problems. I would definitely upgrade, and hopefully Ford will make a patch for our issues....that is if they read this board.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're all over the board.

Back