For Sale - Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Ronin

I just had an alignment done. It was done at a good shop and he had everything right on.

I just put new sway bar links on when they did the alignment. Is the only was to get longer ones to make them?

The struts are less then a year old. When I had the alignment done they suggest that the spings could pussibly be getting worn. They suggested possibly new strut/spring combo.

I had ball joints replaced not too long ago. How can I tell if they are worn?

Thanks
Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well that elimates some possibilities. Yes, you have to make your own extended links. It's not hard though. I used the writeup here:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194211

For the ball joints you can visually inspect for torn/leaking boots or you can try grabbing the spindles and shake them hard to see if you have any play at the upper or lower parts of the joint.

Other than that it sounds like you pretty much have looked at all the stuff I would have thought of.

Ronin

I just had an alignment done. It was done at a good shop and he had everything right on.

I just put new sway bar links on when they did the alignment. Is the only was to get longer ones to make them?

The struts are less then a year old. When I had the alignment done they suggest that the spings could pussibly be getting worn. They suggested possibly new strut/spring combo.

I had ball joints replaced not too long ago. How can I tell if they are worn?

Thanks
Eric

Do the extended UCA make a difference in the handling? I had the truck looked at today and everything is tight. I just don't like how the steering feels sloppy.

Is there still a list for these? (still saving up)

Do the extended UCA make a difference in the handling? I had the truck looked at today and everything is tight. I just don't like how the steering feels sloppy.

Is there still a list for these? (still saving up)

I'm sure they wouldn't hurt...
As for a list no they are in production by btf now.
Y
If you want a set call him and or paypal him the dough and he Will make them.
As far as I understand he has his template and when you order a set he then builds them...

AS OF TODAY IM A MEMBER OF THE BTF UCAs CLUB! cant wait to get them on ... they look so BA!

and btw what kind of coating (paint/powdercoat) did yall end up using? and colors to? i was thinking if a flat grey (kinda like primer)

AS OF TODAY IM A MEMBER OF THE BTF UCAs CLUB! cant wait to get them on ... they look so BA!

and btw what kind of coating (paint/powdercoat) did yall end up using? and colors to? i was thinking if a flat grey (kinda like primer)

Brandon painted mine with a hammered gray metallic finish. I liked it so I left them that way.

mine is absolutely bare

A buddy of mine just became a dealer for RhinoLiner. I'm going to have him start spraying my stuff for practice.... If you paint it yourself, rustoleum makes a commercial line that is better than the stuff you'll find at Home Depot or Lowes. I had my local mom & pop hardware store order some for me...

I say pick a color that will stand out a bit, but not too light that dirt and grease will cover it up in a second.

thats why i think a grey would look better on our setup

and brian i used rustoleums kit from walmart for the bed of my truck and after the first use of it ive gotta touch up ALOT of spots so i dont wanna use that plus i would like to use another color other than black to bring attention to them

armysoldier30263 said:
brian i used rustoleums kit from walmart for the bed of my truck and after the first use of it ive gotta touch up ALOT of spots so i dont wanna use that plus i would like to use another color other than black to bring attention to them

I know. Their consumer grade stuff is terrible. Their commercial grade, which you can usually only order from a dealer, is MUCH better. I used it to paint an iron piece on one of my parents pool decorations. It basically soaks in chlorine pool water and sunlight every day and is just like the day I painted it.

I was thinking steel blue could be kinda cool?

but theres pink all over the dang thing (its the wifes) so i definately dont wanna go with my accent colors lol assumingly thats what your doing with the blue?

armysoldier30263 said:
but theres pink all over the dang thing

Haha. That's why I started to change mine. It's got a pink carseat and a bunch of girly toys in it. As a single father, it's kind of hard pick up women looking like a soccer mom....

Oh no brother im talking a mirrored pink Georgia princess tag up front with a pink army wife decal on the back and of course "the mall crawling pavement princess" decal ... of course in pink lol

armysoldier30263 said:
Oh no brother im talking a mirrored pink Georgia princess tag up front with a pink army wife decal on the back and of course "the mall crawling pavement princess" decal ... of course in pink lol

Yeah, that's a little worse than me... But do you drive it on a daily basis?

never until my trucks tranny went out ... but its back up now

Put me down for a set. I ordered some but he never sent a money request for the payment!

1.wills05xlt4x4
2.lynchy wa
3.NHarris
4.04 EDGE
5.FaStTwItCh
6.Ronin8002
7.DanielJ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put me down for a set. I ordered some but he never sent a money request for the payment!

1.wills05xlt4x4
2.lynchy wa
3.NHarris
4.04 EDGE
5.FaStTwItCh
6.Ronin8002
7.DanielJ

Daniel,

The list doesn't exist anymore, everyone on it has had them for over a year.

Back