• Register Today It's free!

3rd Row Cargo Mat

2012AZexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ingot Silver Limited
Does anyone has a suggestion for a quality 3rd row cargo mat? The back of my 3rd row seats and the cargo area are getting hammered.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

behind the 3rd row? or when the 3rd row is folded down?

I believe Husky has a behind the third row mat and both Husky and weathertech have one for when the 3rd row is folded down.

Does anyone has a suggestion for a quality 3rd row cargo mat? The back of my 3rd row seats and the cargo area are getting hammered.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum 2012AZexplorer. :wavey:
As cnsheets mentioned, both Husky and Weathertech make the cargo mat.
I believe that Ford has also finally produced their own although I have no knowledge as to its quality.

Peter

I would go with the weather tech package. I have it and looks and fits the car nice. I have seen the Husky after a few years, and the edges start to curl.

I would go with the weather tech package. I have it and looks and fits the car nice. I have seen the Husky after a few years, and the edges start to curl.

Yup, Weathertech.

If you want maximum coverage of your exposed floor carpets, the Huskys are the way to go. They cover the carpeted area of the front door sills and have a higher edge to them as well.

Peter

I use the husky Mat that covers over the 3rd row when folded down, used it since day one. I think it is an either or, between weather tech and husky. The important thing is to use it to protect the interior. My cargo tends to be over sized rolling duffles with shoe samples stuffed in them.

Weathertech cargo mat is great. It is thick, yet is able to be rolled-up and stored in the back (behind 3rd row seats - when seats are up).

I carry my German Shepherd in the back, as well as carry tools, groceries, and bags of cement. When I want to clean it up...I just slide it out onto the floor and rinse-off with the water hose.

I purchased the Ford version and have been very happy with it. It's a little less than weathertech and husky. I can't speak to the quality of it versus those two but I have been happy with it for the cost...I think it was right at $90...

Thanks Everyone for your input! Looks like I am going with Weather Tech!!

Just ordered a Weather Tech cargo mat for behind the 2nd row. A little pricey, but it looks like it fits so nicely in the picture. Someone commented earlier in the thread that you can roll it up and stow it behind the 3rd row when those seats are up, and that's what tipped the scale for me.

I'll let you know exactly what I think when I get it.

Just got the Weathertech mat for behind the 2nd row on Saturday. Fits perfectly and looks really good. Already appreciate the protection it provides since I used it to haul some yard supplies Saturday afternoon.

Just ordered a Weather Tech cargo mat for behind the 2nd row. A little pricey, but it looks like it fits so nicely in the picture. Someone commented earlier in the thread that you can roll it up and stow it behind the 3rd row when those seats are up, and that's what tipped the scale for me.
I'm sure the Husky and likely the Ford one can also be rolled up and stored behind the 3rd seats. My Husky mat came rolled up in a box when I got it.

Peter

I like the Weathertech a little more based on the websites... I ordered yesterday and looks like I will have them before my '13 XLT 4x4 arrives!

I like the Weathertech a little more based on the websites... I ordered yesterday and looks like I will have them before my '13 XLT 4x4 arrives!
Welcome to the Forum R2theJ.:wavey:
While you're waiting for the Ex to come in, perhaps you can use the mat to slide down some of the hills there if you still have snow.
I'll be cutting grass tomorrow.;)

Peter

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Can anyone post pics of Weather Tech and Husky they have in their Ex?

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Can anyone post pics of Weather Tech and Husky they have in their Ex?
Here is a pic of my Husky mat. As you can tell, it gets a lot of use. Very easy to clean though. It can be easily taken out to dump left over dirt etc. You just hose it down and scrub with a brush if you wish, let it dry and re-insert.
Those small raised rectangular pieces near the area where the seat belt disappears can be cut out to allow access to the tie downs. The edges of the mat in the area also are not laying completely flat because of the belts.
Hope this helps.

Peter

Attachments

• P4050330a.jpg
    P4050330a.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,580

I am looking to order a weathertech cargo mat also. I got the charcoal/pecan interior anyone know which color would look best back there? Black or grey?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am looking to order a weathertech cargo mat also. I got the charcoal/pecan interior anyone know which color would look best back there? Black or grey?
If you want to match the interior of the EX, I would go with black since the interiors are all that colour. The only drawback of that colour I guess, looking at my Husky in the pic above, is that it does tend to show the dirt more. I guess I could wash it more often too.:) I don't know if the WeatherTech mat has the cut-outs for the tie down anchors like the Husky does or not.

Peter

Back