Vehicle Health Report - after MFT Update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vehicle Health Report - after MFT Update

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Joseph, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
Does it really exist? Has anyone run one after getting the MFT Update in the past weeks? I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid. My sync system no longer shows an option for running the VHR. I also can not access it over the voice/sync system.

I had an issue with an intermittant dash light being on (before and after the update). I wanted to try and capture the issue via the VHR and could not locate it in the system. Before the update I had utilized the VHR several times. I had a conversation with the technology team a few weeks back asking how I could find it, and we walked through the process and concluding that it is not where it is supposed to be. They advised to go to the dealer and have them reload the update. Had my car serviced the other day for 2 TSB's and 1 other issue, added this request to my list. Was told that there was nothing wrong with it. I still can't see the health report to run.

FordIVTteam, any advice on what to do (outside of going to the dealer)? Considering I just picked up my car from the dealer again yesterday and they advised that when they plugged it in, their test shows that the VHR is working properly. I asked if they'd click through it in the car actually but they didn't think they'd be able to since they didn't have the phone it was hooked up to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I did to update my version in SyncMyRide.

Do you have a phone paired and set as the # for VHR?

Does it really exist? Has anyone run one after getting the MFT Update in the past weeks? I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid. My sync system no longer shows an option for running the VHR. I also can not access it over the voice/sync system.

I had an issue with an intermittant dash light being on (before and after the update). I wanted to try and capture the issue via the VHR and could not locate it in the system. Before the update I had utilized the VHR several times. I had a conversation with the technology team a few weeks back asking how I could find it, and we walked through the process and concluding that it is not where it is supposed to be. They advised to go to the dealer and have them reload the update. Had my car serviced the other day for 2 TSB's and 1 other issue, added this request to my list. Was told that there was nothing wrong with it. I still can't see the health report to run.

FordIVTteam, any advice on what to do (outside of going to the dealer)? Considering I just picked up my car from the dealer again yesterday and they advised that when they plugged it in, their test shows that the VHR is working properly. I asked if they'd click through it in the car actually but they didn't think they'd be able to since they didn't have the phone it was hooked up to.

did you get a thumbdrive with the update in the mail? You could try reloading it yourself. Otherwise, I'd go to the dealer, and show the service advisor the issue personally and ask that he/she have the tech do a clean reinstall. Basically they delete the old software completely and start over.

Its still there. My Ex actually asked me if I wanted to do a report while I was driving home last week. It worked fine. When I got home went on line and there was the latest report in all its glory.

Its still there. My Ex actually asked me if I wanted to do a report while I was driving home last week. It worked fine. When I got home went on line and there was the latest repthe OPort in all its glory.

The OP is asking if there is a way to force it to run one as opposed to waiting for it to ask you.

Yes, I did to update my version in SyncMyRide.

Do you have a phone paired and set as the # for VHR?

Yep! All is paired and looks normal as ever.

did you get a thumbdrive with the update in the mail? You could try reloading it yourself. Otherwise, I'd go to the dealer, and show the service advisor the issue personally and ask that he/she have the tech do a clean reinstall. Basically they delete the old software completely and start over.

No jumpdrive, otherwise I would gladly do this myself. I left work early to pick up my Explorer yesterday just to speak with the service manager and show him what I was talking about, and lo and behold, he was gone at 4:30 when I arrived. Too many issues with my service dealer, will be contacting Ford and requesting a jumpdrive to do myself I suppose...

Did you check all the menu items? The structure is different with the new version.

Yeah, it's definitely not there. Just spoke to Customer Service again about it, they're helping out. It'll need to go back in one more time though, since I was one of the "lucky" ones that needed to have the update completed in house rather than via USB. One last fix and this baby will be running like a champ!

Just looked and it is in Settings>Vehicle>Vehicle Health Report. Just under your Ambient Lighting Control. Hope this helps!;)

definitely not in the settings or over the sync... sitting at the dealership right now. took the service manager to a brand new explorer on the lot and showed them what is missing from mine successfully. we'll see what happens...

definitely not in the settings or over the sync... sitting at the dealership right now. took the service manager to a brand new explorer on the lot and showed them what is missing from mine successfully. we'll see what happens...

OK now THAT is weird!:eek:

well????? what happened?

Although we could not use it here, I did notice that the Vehicle Health Report was an option that was shown. Now that I've had the update done, it is no longer there.

Peter

Although we could not use it here, I did notice that the Vehicle Health Report was an option that was shown. Now that I've had the update done, it is no longer there.

Peter

Friday, I walked out on the lot with the Service Manager to look at a new Explorer that they had given the MFT update to in the previous weeks. It had the Vehicle Health Report as a feature and picked it up over the Sync when saying it as a command. My dealership has message out with Ford to discuss further and see what to do.

picked up the explorer yesterday again... finally have the vehicle health report again. don't know specifics, but it sounded like perhaps the first tech got anxious and pulled the jump drive out before everything was loaded. the dealership had calls and forum messages out with ford to help because te system said it was up to date and wouldn't let them try the update again. I suppose they did some master reset and wiped it clean before reloading the update.

Back