• Register Today It's free!

door locks question

cowboyearl

Reaction score
City, State
columbia kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 exployer limited
After driving and coming to a stop, ignition off, my rear doors don't unlock. This is with a passanger in the the back seat. I am not outside the vehicle.The child door lock is in the correct position. What settings do i use to get the rear doors to unlock?

Thanks,
Earl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After driving and coming to a stop, ignition off, my rear doors don't unlock. The child door lock is in the correct position. What settings do i use to get the rear doors to unlock?

Thanks,
Earl
I see you have a 2012 Exployer. New model??:D

Is this a change from what it did before? When the vehicle is locked and you grab the driver's door handle do all 4 doors unlock? That is how I set mine up.
All doors unlock, not just the driver's door.

Peter

I see you have a 2012 Exployer. New model??:D

Is this a change from what it did before? When the vehicle is locked and you grab the driver's door handle do all 4 doors unlock? That is how I set mine up.
All doors unlock, not just the driver's door.

Peter

Hi Peter
How is it that you set your door up tondo this. Right now when I reach for the handle the driver door is the only one that opens

Thanks in advance
-v.

This is in your vehicle set-up with the left side LCD screen. You can select for the driver's door to unlock, or all 4 doors.

Hi Peter
How is it that you set your door up tondo this. Right now when I reach for the handle the driver door is the only one that opens

Thanks in advance
-v.
Hi V. The procedure is covered in the Owner's Guide in the Locks and Security section under Power door lock switch autounlock enable/disable procedure. I'm quite sure that is what I used. I set it up over a year ago.
I did not do it via the left screen settings. I think those setting are for the lock/unlock feature when you begin to drive/stop.

Peter

Back