Joe's new ride | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe's new ride

Looks like Joe got a new exploder to destroy:D

Attachments

• 154322_1734956941736_1472953881_31851827_3832188_n.jpeg
    154322_1734956941736_1472953881_31851827_3832188_n.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,936

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup: My question is, how you gonna drive all 3 toys on the trail? :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Its not "that" bad! I drove one for a while before I converted it to power. Look into the fliped 79 f150 box, its one of the best cheep ps options for EB's

Its not "that" bad! I drove one for a while before I converted it to power. Look into the fliped 79 f150 box, its one of the best cheep ps options for EB's

it gots 35X15.5X16.5 on front and did not want to turn, I have a 78 box and pump left over from my original 78 f150 SAS donor rig

I see there is used Delphi boxes on ebay for 175

The 78 box I have has the splines twisted on the sector shaft

Look up 4x4x2 box or "rockcrawler" box where they take the guts from a ranger/bronco/fullsize TTB steering box and use them to reverse the older fullsize bronco/f150 box for the early broncos. I was thinking about doing this on the exploder so I could mount the box to the outside of the frame and get more room for my 5.0L.Then I dont have to deal with a remote oil filter or finding another box to drill and tap my lines in a different spot to clear the adapter...

Hey Joe, what trans you got in the E.B.? I just got an 3-speed from an '77, it has the Duff floor shifter. Sell it to you cheap:thumbsup:

Hey Joe, what trans you got in the E.B.? I just got an 3-speed from an '77, it has the Duff floor shifter. Sell it to you cheap:thumbsup:

That is what I got now, What I need is a 157 tooth flexplate, bellhousing and torque converter for a C-4

Bought some 33's for Explorer tonight, now I just need to do a spring over conversion in the back and buy shocks and I think I am done.

C clip eliminator kit and new Yukon axles for the rear to switch over to 5 on 5.5 $418.54 is on the way.
Pretty good deal

C clip eliminator kit and new Yukon axles for the rear to switch over to 5 on 5.5 $418.54 including shipping is on the way.
Pretty good deal

I think I would like to put a detroit in there

Not a big fan of the detroit locker, have Andy show you the pile of broken ones he has. I am impressed with the yukon grizzly, one of the few yukon products I do like. Chris and I had good luck with them and Andy has yet to destroy his....

Not a big fan of the detroit locker, have Andy show you the pile of broken ones he has. I am impressed with the yukon grizzly, one of the few yukon products I do like. Chris and I had good luck with them and Andy has yet to destroy his....
I will look into them.

This thing went together fast

Attachments

• P3250012.JPG
    P3250012.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 425

Have you tested it out yet?

I need to get some taller springs for the front, Once I got the spring over done on the rear and got the 33's on all four corners the started measuring there was a 2" diffrence front to rear. Then I need to get shocks for the front and rear, driveshafts lengthed, a little fender trimming and fender flares and mount a winch.

I got most of the hardparts I need for Fuel injection conversion on the 302.

I have been thinking of selling my axles, tires and doubler out of the BroncoII

to upgrade to 1ton axles and some PBR's in 40" range for the EB:thumbsup:

Back