4th Annual EF S.M.O.R.R. meet 2012 May 4th, 5th, & 6th | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Annual EF S.M.O.R.R. meet 2012 May 4th, 5th, & 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there are two groups at the park for this weekend, the pavilion time has been split for Sat evening.

We have seniority over the other group, so we got the earlier 5:30-7pm slot :D

There is something else brewing for this meet that I think your all going to enjoy as well. Once I get 100% confirmation on it, I will spill the beans, so stay tuned! :)

Benji, I have the 5 gal buckets for your paint stirrer. But 5 gals of Margaritas? Holy heck! :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Time to spill the beans. :)

Been talking with 4 wheel magazine the past week. They contacted me and asked if they could join us for a day at the park to do a story for an upcoming issue.

After a couple conversations, they confirmed they will be at the park on the 4th only. They have another event in the area to cover on the 5th, so that's the only time they can hang with us.

If you want to participate in this, & get your vehicle in some pictures, we will be taking to the trails during the day on Friday, as they have to head out by 4:30 pm.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm stoked about it. :D

That's awesome. To bad I won't be able to make it by then. I start a new job on the 30. I am still up in the air on whether I will be able to make it or not. I am trying to get a few other bugs taking care of in the dakota in case I can make.

if i could get my hands on a set of 33's i would be there, i just figured my budget and i can easily afford the trip, but im not sure it would be worth it on 30's even with the locker

Ricky bobby with 31s you can still have a good time since you have a locker.

im back in, crisis was averted, all of the bell housing bolts worked out somehow, but as far as i can tell the flywheel is not broken so once i get to the JY i can get the DD back on the road and get on with the trip to Smorr

Time to spill the beans. :)

Been talking with 4 wheel magazine the past week. They contacted me and asked if they could join us for a day at the park to do a story for an upcoming issue.

After a couple conversations, they confirmed they will be at the park on the 4th only. They have another event in the area to cover on the 5th, so that's the only time they can hang with us.

If you want to participate in this, & get your vehicle in some pictures, we will be taking to the trails during the day on Friday, as they have to head out by 4:30 pm.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm stoked about it. :D

The other event is the 4 Wheel Jamboree in Springfield that weekend.

And they are just hanging around in a parking lot--:D

And would be closer & cheaper for me to go to if I was going to either :p:

And would be closer & cheaper for me to go to if I was going to either :p:

I tried the easy to reach cheaper toilet paper also---;)

Try a different one--serious. Cheaper aint better.

I tried the easy to reach cheaper toilet paper also---;)

Try a different one--serious. Cheaper aint better.

Whan you're a broke d**k SOB like me cheaper is better :( I really would have liked to made SMOOR but fuel alone would kill me let alone food & camping.

12 days left!

What do you all have to do, to be ready for this meet?

My list: Swap the TTB 3rd member for deeper gears-replace R/A bushings-rebuild all 3 TTB axles with new U-joints-fluid changes-fill big propane tanks-get a plate welded on the rear bumper, then paint-install the stabilizer shock-probably more I cant think of now :rolleyes:

Oh, We are going out for dinner at a nice micro brewery on Thur night in Springfield if anyone wants to join us. My crew will arrive early AM on Friday to set camp, and hit the trails.

Still looking for a couple volunteers for the Saturday timed events too ;)

i still need to install my locker and front tow hook, but given my work schedule that may happen when i get there, any volunteers to help? I will need a cut off tool for the tow hook and i cant seem to find mine, the bumper needs trimmed. BTW, do i need a dune flag, and do they sell them at the park if so?

12 days left!

What do you all have to do, to be ready for this meet?

My list: Swap the TTB 3rd member for deeper gears-replace R/A bushings-rebuild all 3 TTB axles with new U-joints-fluid changes-fill big propane tanks-get a plate welded on the rear bumper, then paint-install the stabilizer shock-probably more I cant think of now :rolleyes:

Oh, We are going out for dinner at a nice micro brewery on Thur night in Springfield if anyone wants to join us. My crew will arrive early AM on Friday to set camp, and hit the trails.

Still looking for a couple volunteers for the Saturday timed events too ;)

I'll volunteer to give all of you a chance to see my tail lights during the races:D

I need to replace upper and lower ball joints, rear u-joints, front sway bar bushings (for the 100th time) pull the front diff and axles, get a new wheel for a spare to go on, and I think I'm going to replace my front tires before I leave and the rears when I get back home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is a big list of people going. I hope you guys have a good and safe time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back