I really like my Explorer! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I really like my Explorer!

With all due respect - if my wife gave me half the grief the mft has given me, I would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago...
Better off trading her in. BTW, this thread is for those that like their Ex.;)

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love my Explorer, even with some of the issues I have experienced. Any problem that I have brought to the attention of my dealer (Sterling Ford of VA) has been addressed promptly and without issue.
I have had it nearly a year and I still can't believe I drive such an amazing vehicle!

I'm very happy with my Ex. Glad I waited one month shopping around. 2006 Ex XLS 4.0:exp:

here is my Ex: :)

Nice ride. She look's really clean!

(in a whisper... but you posted in the wrong forum ;) )

Hey guys,

I love seeing the positive feedback; this thread really made my morning. :D

...I for one really like my Explorer but have had a couple of issues, such as the random windshield wipe and a bad right front sensor...
Peter,

I recommend calling the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center @ 1-800-565-3673 for assistance. If you already have, please let me know via PM with what they said.

With the exception of two minor/trivial issues (a-pillar and condensation in passenger side mirror signal light) which will be fixd this Friday...my 2012 EX Limited has been phenominal.....everything I had expected and more...
I’m confident the dealer will take care of that for you, HughCares.

...Besides for the squeaky brakes and the greasy windows, everything else is good...
harlenm,

I still have your Explorer’s info from previous messages, so drop a line and I’ll lend a hand.

I bought a 2011 Ex for the wife. Drove it one time and said " I GOT to get me one of these....and I did !
th_Explorers.jpg
The picture is a little on the small side, briteboy. :scratch:

With all due respect - if my wife gave me half the grief the mft has given me, I would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago...
TimSuds,

Have you tried working with Rebecca on the In-Vehicle Technology Team (username: FordIVTteam) yet? She’s great with MFT troubleshooting, but I haven’t seen her “marriage counseling” skills in action. ;)

I love my Explorer, even with some of the issues I have experienced. Any problem that I have brought to the attention of my dealer (Sterling Ford of VA) has been addressed promptly and without issue...
Brenpatsa,

It’s great that your issues were addressed and you’re loving your ride. :)

Cory

No doubt there are some issues from time to time with any car. And the more sophisticated they get, the higher the chances for a problem.

What I don't understand is people who are complaining about things (like a headrest blocking a portion of the rear view) like it wasn't there when they test drove the car, or they didn't bother to drive the car before purchase, or they didn't check out the visibility or other things that you SHOULD be looking for before you purchase any product.

I guess if you want the perfect car, you need to pay for one that is custom built to your specifications: height, weight, near sighted, long legs, short legs, back problems, acne, whatever.

I love our Ex's. Finest car for the money anywhere in my opinion. I'm impressed with the vehicle overall, and I don't impress easily. Would I do some things differently? Maybe. But that's true of anything we buy. We can always find ways to improve it for ourselves.

But Ford has to make the best fit, for as many people as possible, to make it affordable, and fun to drive.

I still get adoring looks (for the car, not me) by passers-by walking or at stop lights for our Ex's.

I'd like to see the forum board be more on helping each other, rather than complaining about things you can't change. But that's just me...I'll try to help people any way I can to have them enjoy the Ex.

But I won't jump on the band-wagon of whing threads.

I still can't believe they took the temp off of the main MFT screen! It's ridiculous!! How am I going to know what the temperature is outside!!!

Hehe, just kidding... :D

The outside temp shows up to the right of the speedometer under the MFT display.

By the way, I absolutely love my Explorer! I have had it almost a month now and no complaints. Still figuring out all of the bells and whistles on it. Photos really don't do the Tuxedo Black justice-I really love the metal flake in it.

2012-04-07_17-49-43_865.jpg

2012-04-07_17-50-04_232.jpg

I was thinking before I logged on about all of the negative
posts , do I really want to at this time ?
I'm glad I did because I am very pleased with my EX.
The EX is a super value at a fraction of what I paid for
the Rovers we have had.
Fantastic job Ford and no help from uncle Sam !!!

I was thinking before I logged on about all of the negative
posts , do I really want to at this time ?
I'm glad I did because I am very pleased with my EX.
The EX is a super value at a fraction of what I paid for
the Rovers we have had.
Fantastic job Ford and no help from uncle Sam !!!
Welcome to the Forum Jwhcars.:wavey:
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Have had it over a year and think it is great. Happy motoring.

Peter

My explorer is so good it goes from point A straight to point C. Skips point B. That's because the navigation didn't work right though. LOL.

You seem to have misunderstood the intention of this thread......no whining allowed....If you don't have anything good to say, there are many other threads out there you can whine on or make your sarcastic jokes......

The outside temp shows up to the right of the speedometer under the MFT display.

Oh, I know that :) I was poking a little good-hearted fun at the small, yet unrelenting faction that is beside themselves with the fact that the temp was removed from the main screen.

I'm just being a bit devilish, muahahahaha.... :D

I like my explorer so far, only had for 48 hrs.

Now if I was going to complain it would be that it looks too good in the colors offered.:D

Right now my only complaint is the learning curve for all the do hickies that comes from 16 years advancement over my truck I replaced.

Oh, I know that :) I was poking a little good-hearted fun at the small, yet unrelenting faction that is beside themselves with the fact that the temp was removed from the main screen.

Well I will admit that I was one who disliked the temp reading being removed from the center screen enough to complain about it. Now my wife and young son always have to ask me about the temperature each morning where they could easily read it before, so they really miss it more than I do. Not a big deal but I didn't understand why they needed to mess with the temp reading location given all of the other issues and complaints with MFT, I thought the engineers had enough to worry about when they were working to re-configure MFT.

I'm sorry I said anything, hehehe :)

Even with all my complaints/problems, I've always said i love my ex!! Definitely the best style yet and when it's perfected, it will be that much better. Thats why i lease so after 3 yrs ill get the better version (i think). It does suck wasting so much time at the dealer though. Is anyone else having the new problem i noticed? I noticed when I'm driving the mirrors don't show me what they should. Like the right mirror, it shows the rear side window and i have to move all the way to my left and near the steering wheel to see the side of the road! Is there a dealer fix for this or a recall?? (i know there's power fold, which i tried, but then i only see the passenger window)....

...I love our Ex's. Finest car for the money anywhere in my opinion. I'm impressed with the vehicle overall, and I don't impress easily... I still get adoring looks (for the car, not me) by passers-by walking or at stop lights for our Ex's....
I’m glad you’re so impressed with your new ride, briteboy! I appreciate you taking the time to share that. :)

I love my explorer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way, I absolutely love my Explorer! I have had it almost a month now and no complaints...
I like my explorer so far, only had for 48 hrs.

Now if I was going to complain it would be that it looks too good in the colors offered.:D...
A big “thanks” to everyone posting in this thread. :D

...I was poking a little good-hearted fun at the small, yet unrelenting faction that is beside themselves with the fact that the temp was removed from the main screen.

Always “heating” up the situation, VinceL? ;)

...Definitely the best style yet and when it's perfected, it will be that much better...I noticed when I'm driving the mirrors don't show me what they should...
vig1116,

I have your Explorer’s details from previous messages. Drop me a line via PM and I’m happy to lend a hand.

Cory

cory, I'm totally busting balls..... i was waiting for some cranky ass to say you have to adjust the mirrors!! lol you're always willing to help though!!!!!

cory, I'm totally busting balls..... i was waiting for some cranky ass to say you have to adjust the mirrors!! lol you're always willing to help though!!!!!

Glad you said that I was just getting ready to bust on you Jerseyites for not understanding this thread as being what it is "I really like my explorer" Glad some of us on here have a sense of humor. I just got so tired of the whiners that I needed a thread that I would glance over from time to time and calm me down after reading some of those awful dumb complaints about one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Maybe it's karma that causes them to have all those negative feelings and it's the Explorer getting even!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...lol you're always willing to help though!!!!!
Ah, good one, vig1116… whoosh! Right over my head. :) Thanks for the compliment. :D

Glad you said that I was just getting ready to bust on you Jerseyites for not understanding this thread as being what it is "I really like my explorer" Glad some of us on here have a sense of humor...
No I understood the intention. I posted that I love my explorer. It works awesome. Some people need to lighten up. But it's good to see you care
Slimhaven & Chimomania,

Sometimes you just need to joke around right? :)

Cory

Back