*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

An Update here. I took it in for service this morning. The APIM Module needs to be replaced. On order and will be fixed tomorrow. Service Advisor says it didn't have anything to do with the upgrade and that 'these things happen'. At least it's under warranty...

Well that didn't last long. Got the APIM module swapped. It worked well for a couple days. Then I started seeing the symptoms some on here have... presets on dash changing on every startup, system becoming slow to response with voice, nav screen going black occasionally, minor freezes that seem to correct itself.

Now this morning... the radio won't turn on at all. Not from the dash, screen. Wheel controls work but not one word or note from the radio. Sadly I'm out of town and I got this news from my wife who is using the Explorer while I'm out. Back to the dealer... unfortunately can't get in until at least Friday.

have beenign patiently waiting for this upgrade and really dispointed.

I like technology and the EX with all these technology is the one I want from the begining. But I did not buy right way due to the problems assoicated with MFT. Now with this disappointing upgrade, I have to go to get something else. Buy Buy Ford!

Baxterdown, Im having similar issues so I have started a Lemon Law case.

I think I'm gonna be right there with you... After an APIM replacement, I'm still having the same symptoms as before. On top of that the update changed functionality that was key in my buying decision.

Traffic on the maps no longer shows for individual directions, it just mirrors the worst traffic on both sides of the road, and the rerouting around traffic is no longer existent, only reroutes if there is an accident. I've used the navi + traffic everyday for the last year, now it's useless.

I'm sad, I loved MFT, I just wish it worked. I LOVE the explorer, even if I do pursue lemon law I'd turn around and buy another explorer, it'd just have to be without MFT.

Ya Im with ya there, I like the Ex too.

I left my 07 Yukon Denali with Navigation for the Explorer and the "Promised" MFT functionality.

Also I wanted the 4WD Explorer TMS and no where did I ever read the Explorer is actually a FWD SUV. The torque steer is another big deal for me. To add insult to injury they upgraded the hardware and software for 2013MY so it isn't there like it is in the 11MY.

When MFT does work reliably it will be great but Im not sure MFT can weather the storm after the Performance Upgrade. I don't think it packed the rebound punch everyone was waiting for. Staying on Flash might have been the fatal blow IMHO.

I must be the luckiest guy on planet earth. I had one glitch that never ever reoccured. No system slow down or any of the glitches on here. My system is performing amazingly. I find it extremely strange how the software can work perfect in some vehicles and like crap in others. It truly perplexes me. How can that be. I will take a video for you again to show you how MFT is working for me. Fast as the day I installed the update. Like I said. I must be one lucky SOB. I'm sorry to hear all the problems some of you are having. It must suck. It truly is an amazing thing when it works like mine.

I think we are all different users though, some are heavy users and some are light users.

The system definitely works well when the system isn't connected to peripherals and has been given light or limited commands.

Mine is perfect without a single glitch as well......as long as I don't turn the key on!

I hear you all, Im very disappointed with the Performance upgrade, wish I didnt have it done, the 2.11 was working fine with its qwerks. Overall as I put the miles on, the quality, or lack of, is starting to rear its ugly head. My trim pieces from the windows, to the interior finish, everyting is starting to rattle or make some type of noise. Dont get me wrong, the dealer has been fixing everything, but when one gets fixed another starts, very frustrating. My mileage, not better than 20.8 on any given trip, the transmission programming sucks, I want to by a small travel trailer, but im afraid this suv wont handle the task to well... Lemon law sound really good about now...

Well that didn't last long. Got the APIM module swapped. It worked well for a couple days. Then I started seeing the symptoms some on here have... presets on dash changing on every startup, system becoming slow to response with voice, nav screen going black occasionally, minor freezes that seem to correct itself.

Now this morning... the radio won't turn on at all. Not from the dash, screen. Wheel controls work but not one word or note from the radio. Sadly I'm out of town and I got this news from my wife who is using the Explorer while I'm out. Back to the dealer... unfortunately can't get in until at least Friday.

Could it be a defective radio? The reason I'm thinking that is that when you do a fuse 29 pull or a master reset, or get your software flashed that your radio station presets are the same and are never lost. I've come to the conclusion that those are saved on the RADIO. Perhaps the other symptoms are related to a lack of response on the part of the radio. MFT is waiting for a response from some command it gave to the radio and not getting it. Who knows.... but maybe something to see if hte dealer can check out.

I've been having this issue too of the radio not responding to the power (off) button and so I cannot turn the radio off. It also does not respond to voice commands to turn off. I seem to only experience this problem with the radio when my blue tooth connection with my phone acts up or disconnects (which is almost every call now). All other functions are working fine for now.

Anyone else having issues with maintaining a bluetooth connection with their phone? My phone displays a message that the bluetooth signal is weak and then I lose the connection. I've repeatedly repaired the phone connection but it hasn't made any difference. I've never had any problems in the past with my phone connecting to other various bluetooth devices.
Had exactly the same problem last night.

I got in the car, iPhone 4S turned on with the BT turned on. Backed out of the garage, remembered I had left something in the house. Put the Explorer in park, ran in the house with the phone in my pocket (probably still in BT range) came back out, backed up again, camera switched on, put it in drive, headed down the drive. Camera switched off, no music. No volume control would adjust it.

I hit the main entertainment power button multiple times, no effect.

I noticed the lower left quadrant had a power button showing, touched the screen. No effect.

Then, I noticed the phone in the upper left quadrant had counted up to about 3 minutes, which is the time from when I first started the car. I tried tapping the upper left bar, but couldn't get a response out of the screen.

Then I shut off the BT on my phone and the call dropped and the radio came immediately on, though on FM, and not Sirius as I had left the vehicle (and it usually does not change sources, except after a MFT malfunction).

Thanks Ford. You told us you had the upgrade testing covered. Didn't need any real world beta testing. Your employees could handle it. Well BS!!!!! You should have let us help you. It was a very self serving offer. All we want is software that works!!!!!

Since the new update, I've noticed a couple times that it will not display which street I'm on from the home page under the Navigation ball. Anyone experience this? Any fix?

My other half drove the Explorer to the airport the other day, this is what the nav looked like all the way to Miami (1 hr drive) and back three days later. UGH! :mad:

mft_04.jpg

WTF!!! I just realized today that the fan speed indicator is GONE from the Climate quadrant bar! I searched the forum and see that it's been discussed already. I guess I missed it. I was driving this morning and tried to glance and see what was the current fan speed and low and behold, I couldn't!

These rocket science nitwits at Ford Engineering should be shot! UGH! I'm so done with this MyFordPieceofsh*t it's not even funny.

WTF!!! I just realized today that the fan speed indicator is GONE from the Climate quadrant bar! I searched the forum and see that it's been discussed already. I guess I missed it. I was driving this morning and tried to glance and see what was the current fan speed and low and behold, I couldn't!

These rocket science nitwits at Ford Engineering should be shot! UGH! I'm so done with this MyFordPieceofsh*t it's not even funny.

I feel your frustration. I hate the fact I can't see the fan speed... very irritating and frustrating among other things.

Also - My iPod playlists are still playing in totally random order which frustrates me even more. The TWO things I use the most (climate and music) are messed up.

Also - My iPod playlists are still playing in totally random order which frustrates me even more.

Hey, check to make sure that Shuffle is not turned on.

Hey, check to make sure that Shuffle is not turned on.

Yeah I checked that too. Unfortunately it still doesn't play right. I'm wondering if it's because it's a 1st generation Ipod nano? I was reading on the forums some 1st generation users are having problems as well.

Dear Explorer friends

it's possible to download the newest MFT upgrade?
Because I'm from Switzerland and here I can't go to any Ford service...

Cheers
Stoev

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dear Explorer friends

it's possible to download the newest MFT upgrade?
Because I'm from Switzerland and here I can't go to any Ford service...

Cheers
Stoev

If you are registered, go to Syncmyride.com, and navigate to the updates section. With any luck, you will be able to download the file from there.

Back