Here's Our New Ride! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here's Our New Ride!

Congrats Vince. I really like that color. I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks deewan. My opinion of the stereo sound has improved now that we are driving it and have loaded our music on it. One thing I can say is that the sub output gets seriously clipped as the volume is cranked. It just kinda fades into the background. That is a bummer. I'm still keeping an eye on your thread for ideas if I can ever get a sufficient WAF. :)

First fresh tank of gas in the car today. So the delivery tank of gas delivered a calculated 18.6 MPG. The car's computer was reporting 17.6.

Took a drive, 120 miles round trip, today and we are at 22.7. That is about 80% 70mph and the rest consisting of neighborhoods and smaller side streets full of stop lights and stop signs.

Congrats on the purchase...its about time...Haha

Here's the new light-up 3rd row seat switches with a little DOF action going :) :

DSC_1271.jpg

They also changed the design of the switches just a bit. They now have a lip around them that should make it more difficult to accidentally activate them.

First fresh tank of gas in the car today. So the delivery tank of gas delivered a calculated 18.6 MPG. The car's computer was reporting 17.6.

Took a drive, 120 miles round trip, today and we are at 22.7. That is about 80% 70mph and the rest consisting of neighborhoods and smaller side streets full of stop lights and stop signs.

I like your new ride.

Me, I have had my 2013 for a week now and just filled up. Old habit of filling up at half a tank.

I calculated my mileage at 20.95mpg in heavy city traffic and 5 miles of highway to work and back home. It beats the 12mpg in my old 96 ram truck.

My X is blue btw and my mother named it blue belle. I will post pics once i get all the accessories mounted.

Same color as mine! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks! I feel like I finally, really belong... :)

Nice ride Vince, enjoy the ride! I wounder if it's the same part we can use on my 12

I like your new ride.

Me, I have had my 2013 for a week now and just filled up. Old habit of filling up at half a tank.

I calculated my mileage at 20.95mpg in heavy city traffic and 5 miles of highway to work and back home. It beats the 12mpg in my old 96 ram truck.

My X is blue btw and my mother named it blue belle. I will post pics once i get all the accessories mounted.

Filled up again this morning and got a little over 21 mpg. Averaged almost 25 on the commute in according to the computer which doesn't seem too far off yet.

I just started buying accessories for the car, so update pics will follow for us too :)

Nice ride Vince, enjoy the ride! I wounder if it's the same part we can use on my 12

Thanks!

As for the switch panel, it looks like the same size/shape as the other years. The only change I see is that it lights up now.

Vince hope you and the Mrs. are enjoying your new wheels, sure looks sharp. On the lite 3rd row switches, did they redesign anything to make it harder to accidentally activate. Can't tell you how many times I have activated the seats while loading or unloading cargo from the back. Would have been nice if Ford listened to this forum and did something about this since they were changing this part.

Thanks mayher! :) We definitely are enjoying it. I even got to drive it today, lol.

The switches look exactly the same, and as far as I can tell, work exactly the same. There is no differences to the design that I can discern that would lead me to believe that they are any more difficult to accidentally activate.

Congrats!

VinceL, Congrats on one sweet ride! I know you will enjoy her for a long time to come! Treat her right and you will have no issues!;););)

VinceL, Congrats on one sweet ride! I know you will enjoy her for a long time to come! Treat her right and you will have no issues!;););)

Thanks Slimhaven, but are you referring to my wife or the new car? :D

(P.S. - don't tell my wife I said that, lol, she'd never let me drive it again)

Oh, and before I forget...the hazard button is in fact a REAL button/switch now. No more accidental activations. I was beginning to think I had finally conquered my spastic fingers by not having activated it yet! Nope, Ford fixed it.

Oh yeah, sent my first text with MFT also. It was to my wife, and now she wants me to show her how to do it :)

Speaking of Text messages...does yours read your texts to you...or I guess does it notify you when you get a text? I read in the manual that it is phone specific. I have a Droid Razr, it started off not telling me when I got messages. Then after about a week it would notify me and give me the option to read the messages, however it only did this for 2 days and has not done it since...it's not really a big deal since most of my text messages are just facebook things, but I was just curious how yours worked...I don't think I changed any settings or anything before or after it started notifying me...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My wife and I have the same phone and it will read the text messages aloud. We didn't have to change any settings or anything, it just works. If you look at my phone compatibility thread (which very few people have bothered to contribute to,thanks everybody, grrrr) you can see what phone we have, just a cheap little feature phone from LG on Verizon.

When a text comes in, I get the notification on both screens. By tapping 'Listen', it reads the text out loud. It's pretty cool, and funny how it interprets smiley faces and such.

Back