4th Annual EF S.M.O.R.R. meet 2012 May 4th, 5th, & 6th | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Annual EF S.M.O.R.R. meet 2012 May 4th, 5th, & 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can pull your trailer gregg, i have to be at your house thursday and sunday anyway, and im sure if my explorer can handle my avenger on a 16' 7k trailer it can probably handle yours

Sounds good Jessi. :thumbsup:

Good call on the pro grades from Rockauto Steve :thumbsup:

Since the 94 is finished being worked on, my attention has focused on the 95 now. Finishing up the touches on a major mod today for it. Have an audible high pitch noise from somewhere, and might just be a U-joint gone bad. :dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im debating on weather or not i want to try to replace my right upper control arm before the run or just bring it with me just in case

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

:burnout:

Looking around for all the spare parts to bring, that way, when something does break. I won't have what i need.

Also, the wife will be staying at home this round. My oldco-worker will be joining me. So, just to give a heads up, be expecting 2 more for dinner Thursday night.

G-Man will you pm your cell# in case we have issues on the drive and can't make it

Does anyone use a smittybuilt XRC winch?

I ordered and mounted mine on the bumper but they didn't ship the controller. Can't believe I have a wired up winch and no controller. I ordered one but don't know if I'll get it by Thursday.

had a little scare yesterday, that I wouldnt be able to get my Explorer done, since my transfercase shelled out last night, but I think I have one located.

Hey Bronco2guy, I'll be wearin' my mo4wd shirt in color black. Look for us Friday.

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

:burnout:

i feel ya Rick, i havent even had time to start digging out my camping gear yet, cooler and canopy are somewhere in the basement, camp chair has a tv and misc fluid additives in it, no idea where my duffel bag is, and im sure there is more im missing

well getting closer to finishing the 94, lift is on, front and rearend installed, drive lines hooked up, 35's mounted by hand and on the truck. waiting for the ball joints to show up, got my smittybuilt bars off the sas ranger, bleed the brakes, alingment and fill the diff's and all should be right in the world again
but if all else fails blue will make her yearly trip again :D wish i could find my digi-cam but it's MIA somewhere :thumbdwn:

Checking in here with a weather update:

3 days away and it is raining pretty good in area right now. The heavy rains yesterday & today, have soaked the park, and a couple of scattered showers remain in the forecast up until 2nd (Wed).

20% chance of precipitation on the 3rd-5th, which means about nothing but a sprinkle here & there (if that) in the afternoons.

The daytime highs are going to be above average at around 85*.
The overnight lows will also be above average at around 65*

This park is full of hills that drain into the many creeks crossing the property. This means the water crossings will be high, and the creek trails will be flowing. Make sure you have your vent tubes extended or capped, and you have good packed axle/brake/hub bearings, and fresh gear fluids.

This also means that the trail ratings will change. A 2 can be a 3-4, a 3 can be a 5 etc...With heavy rains before we arrive, it brings ruts, and washouts. The larger rigs with massive meats and high horsepower tend to tear up the trails when they are soft. This means that our lower, smaller rigs can have a hard time, getting high centered on some of these trails.

So what does all this boil down to? While the park dries out very fast, and will be dry for the most part, be prepared to get muddy.

*Bring a lot of extra clothing, bath towels, extra pairs of shoes/boots.
*Have a thick tarp to put under your tent to keep it dry.
*Cover your seats in the vehicle if you care about keeping it clean.
*Have something like a small tarp in your rig to lay on in case of a breakdown on a trail.
*A door mat to wipe your feet at your tent entrance helps keep the inside clean.
*Overhead shelter in your campsite is always a good idea for both sunlight & rains.
*Tires...Mud Terrains are the tire of choice in wetter conditions. All Terrains will work for the most part, but be prepared to need help up some of these trails, as they do get very steep, and with washouts, can be impossible to overcome. For this reason alone, if you do not have front tow points, get them on now, or risk being stuck. Also, there might be trails we wont be able to traverse.

This is just meant as a heads up. There are plenty of trails out there for us to enjoy. Some will just be impassable for our rigs due to heavy precip is all. We will do our best to scout the trails on Friday morning. Questions or concerns, just post them here, PM me, or call the park and ask them.

Time is running out, the day is almost upon us, and I for one, am excited to get out on the trails! See you there!

:salute:

Updates Greg, on the attending listing you can drop ShawnB he is attending a graduation. You can count Abby and I in for dinner Thursday night, but maybe 3 more also Mike, Bryce, Clayton my friends, likley will be doing dinner with us also.

Our goal is to be at the park Thursday afternoon getting setup and gathering firewood. Hoping to bring my dad's 4wd atv so we can make some quicker trail checking.

If anyone needs any Gen 1 TTB parts let us know, we are going to try and bring some spare parts and have some extra stuff forsale. If anyone wants to buy a trail ready 96 Ranger 4.0, 5spd 4wd. I would consider selling it :)

Im stoked!!!!

All loaded and ready to hit the road tomorrow morning:chug:

I'm stoked. A rain today should make the trails perfect come Friday - no dust. My winch controller came in today and it's up and running in case someone needs a tug.

All loaded and ready to hit the road tomorrow morning:chug:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :burnout:

I'm stoked. A rain today should make the trails perfect come Friday - no dust. My winch controller came in today and it's up and running in case someone needs a tug.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :roll:

:D

When it rains it pours, go to hop in the rig for work and she has a flat tire, then while at work my absess tooth flared up like hell, dont worry, ill still be there just needed to vent for a min lol

After a long battle with lower ball joints not coming out and new uppers not going into the knuckle the only thing left on my to do list is get the new rubber mounted tomorrow and pack.

You show that truck who's boss!! :thumbsup:

I'm in Albuquerque and will be having dinner with Brian1 tonight:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm out. Have to work all weekend now at the new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back