Window Side Vents / Deflectors | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Rider, nice x, like the pic on thee MFT. You didn't order the console for the second row? I'm waiting to order the nerf bars from aires, I also looked at the Westins, but didn't like them. Yes the antenna, I installed mine a month ago, works great, just email VG, that easy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rider, nice x, like the pic on thee MFT. You didn't order the console for the second row? I'm waiting to order the nerf bars from aires, I also looked at the Westins, but didn't like them. Yes the antenna, I installed mine a month ago, works great, just email VG, that easy.

Thanx! We didn't order console cause wifey wants to allow kids and their friends to move easily between the rows. She also may consider getting running boards if she has problems getting in/out the truck during winter months when snow and ice become an issue. We'll see...

Purchased from VG. The VG website will show not available. But if you e-mail them with your vehicle yearr, model, paint color, they will respond with what you need to order.

Delivered is less than 10 days.

Good Luck!

Thanks XRider!

I had the avs and the front are fine when putting the back windows down they came off,went and got replacements and they did the same thing so i am taking them back. I never had this problem with weathtech on all our vehicle so I may wait for those or get the egrs

I just installed my in channel vents (by AVS) last weekend and they work/look great.

You need to be exact with the instructions and the fitment of the vent guard to avoid any issues but if you place them in correctly, they won't fall out nor cause your window to have issues. It took me about 3 minutes per door and I let the windows remain in the up position for 24 hours so that the tape adhesive could set properly. Two commercial car washes later and some highway driving and no problems at all with them...

The in channels look so much better in my opinion..

Attachments

• BE179533-A7C7-4F1F-8E49-8579CFCEC1B0.jpeg
    BE179533-A7C7-4F1F-8E49-8579CFCEC1B0.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 660
  • 0988F0ED-46F1-4AE6-8E96-10A4A433948C.jpeg
    0988F0ED-46F1-4AE6-8E96-10A4A433948C.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 648
  • 818E7FE5-72E3-4072-BA2F-9EE1418FE4B6.jpeg
    818E7FE5-72E3-4072-BA2F-9EE1418FE4B6.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 663
  • 413F5B78-0EA8-4A25-BC9E-69717E6B3598.jpeg
    413F5B78-0EA8-4A25-BC9E-69717E6B3598.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 653

I just installed my in channel vents (by AVS) last weekend and they work/look great.

You need to be exact with the instructions and the fitment of the vent guard to avoid any issues but if you place them in correctly, they won't fall out nor cause your window to have issues. It took me about 3 minutes per door and I let the windows remain in the up position for 24 hours so that the tape adhesive could set properly. Two commercial car washes later and some highway driving and no problems at all with them...

The in channels look so much better in my opinion..

The directions to me were a bit unclear when it came to the rears. Does the front tab or the rears just go behind the gasket in the channel or does it slip in between the outside rubber and the gasket? I couldn't get it to fit real well in between, but in the channel it won't let the window go up.

The directions to me were a bit unclear when it came to the rears. Does the front tab or the rears just go behind the gasket in the channel or does it slip in between the outside rubber and the gasket? I couldn't get it to fit real well in between, but in the channel it won't let the window go up.

The front tab goes between the black plastic B pillar cover and the first weatherstrip. Not in the channel itself. It kind of confused me at first as well. Take a look at the photos, hope they help explain it better...

Attachments

• IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 650

@ModMiFord
-- excellent closeup on the pics.
-- and as you pointed out to others "You need to be exact with the instructions..."
-- as others have already posted, you "will" run into issues if you don't follow instr
-- on our previous ford, I put them on wrong and i vowed never to by AVS again...until someone pointed out my err. Now me and AVS are friends again :))
-- sry to others who are having issues, but plz take a close look at ModiMiFord pic closeups

Good Luck!

The front tab goes between the black plastic B pillar cover and the first weatherstrip. Not in the channel itself. It kind of confused me at first as well. Take a look at the photos, hope they help explain it better...

Thanks!

Seems like this thread kind of died out, but I wanted to come back to anyone who is considering this purchase and tell you that after having them on my Exp for about six months, I am very, very pleased with them. They have not provided any distinguishable noise from wind or any issues on highway driving. I have not had any problems with the windows going up, now that I installed them correctly!!!! What I truly like is being able to leave my windows down about an inch on hot days!

Just got mine in today, searched for this thread to make sure I install them correctly. Thanks for all the great info everyone. And your pics, ModMiFord! It really wet here, and I like my windows cracked, so can't wait to get them installed!

Good info here, and kudos to all contributors! I'll now order a set of AVS visors for my wife's 2013.

Glad to see good activity on these. I am still very, very pleased with them. Once I realized that I had installed the incorrectly and I followed their instructions, they worked to perfect and have held up now since purchase, which is about six to eight months now. I have used them with the windows up and windows all the way down without noticing any difference in the noise level or wind in the car, which is already bad but has nothing to do with the AVS in-channel vents.

I replaced my initial link which went bad after moving to Google + but will repost again for anyone considering these window vents:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114662663342528687634/albums/5720682556821733905

The pics are in their with other mods.

Side Window Air Deflector Sale!!!

With rain season right around the corner side window deflectors allow you the ability to vent your windows for fresh air even during a rainstorm without letting any water in. A must have accessory for smokers and installs in minutes without interfering with factory weatherstrips.

Now on sale for 68.53 a set of four

BB5Z-18246-A.jpg

Available to order here http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/product_info.php/cPath/29_97_127/products_id/290

Thanks, Benny

Glad to see good activity on these. I am still very, very pleased with them. Once I realized that I had installed the incorrectly and I followed their instructions, they worked to perfect and have held up now since purchase, which is about six to eight months now. I have used them with the windows up and windows all the way down without noticing any difference in the noise level or wind in the car, which is already bad but has nothing to do with the AVS in-channel vents.

I replaced my initial link which went bad after moving to Google + but will repost again for anyone considering these window vents:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/114662663342528687634/albums/5720682556821733905

The pics are in their with other mods.

Just purchased a set of these because I got tired of waiting for Weathertech plus I only paid $40 for the set!

Link is still not working. Can you check it and let us know if it works for you?

ModMiFord, Do you have any closeup pics of the front window install? It doesn't look right if I install between the mirror or the rubber weather strip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the not so perfect weather incoming there is no better time for a set!

I got mine from y'all last week. Went on easy and looks great.

I put them on last sunday. Texas has a problem with pop up rain storms this time of the year. Tuesday, a coworker came in to tell us it was pouring outside.

People made a mad dash for their cars to raise windows. Me, I just smiled because I had the vent visors, so with the windows cracked open the rain did not get in.

Back