Question about 2013 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about 2013 explorer

fe298

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
I just wanted to ask if it seems like the problems have been worked out on the 2013 Explorers. I have had my durango for a couple months now and it has been flawless, but we are looking to replace a second vehicle and the Explorer is what we are considering.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I own a 2012 model with build date of 10/11.
Call me lucky, but other that the previous MFT build, I have had none of the issues or horror stories that others have experienced. The only thing I have done is to change the oil at 5,000 miles. It is my opinion that most of the bugs have been worked out.
I have no reservations about recommending this vehicle.

That is very interesting. I have a 2012 Dodge Durango and we just bought a 2013 Explorer. We have not had any issues with the Explorer yet. We only have about 1,500 miles on the Explorer. The Durango has had no problems and I am happy with it (about 5,000 miles on it). I drive it everyday and the wife drives the Explorer. The Explorer drives a little bigger than the Durango. Not sure how to explain it. It is one or 2 inches wider than the Durango but it feels much bigger. The seats in the Explorer are more cushioned. You will find that you get more options for your money with the Durango. Both are good vehicles and I think you would be safe going with a 2013 Explorer. I was a Ford guy my whole life until I got the Durango. I am leasing the Durango and we are buying the Explorer. Since I was buying this vehicle I decided to stick with Ford. Dodge still has to prove to me that they don't have the quality issues of the past.

I just wanted to ask if it seems like the problems have been worked out on the 2013 Explorers. I have had my durango for a couple months now and it has been flawless, but we are looking to replace a second vehicle and the Explorer is what we are considering.

We have a 2013 Limited, you can check my thread out, and have had no issues with it so far. The Gray Ghost has about 1900 miles on the ODO, and we have really enjoyed putting each mile on it :)

Please understand that the vast majority of threads on this board deal with problems that people have had with the Ex. Most of them are minor inconveniences and a few are major, like with any new car. A few have problems.

What you don't see here on a regular basis, are the thousands who don't have any problems. Many probably don't even know this board exists.

We bought the wife a 2011 right after they came out. We haven't had one problem with it. I liked it so much that I went out and bought another one to replace my own vehicle.

still no problems on either of them. One has 10k miles, the other 8k.

I do normal maintenance (oil, tire rotation, etc) and they are easy to work on for the minor maintenance items.

Have taken both of them on several long road trips and have gotten REALLY good gas mileage with both of them. Pushing 26 mpg on the highway @ 75-80 mph, with the air on.

I have NO complaints. :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

I have a 13 Limited, no problems so far(knock on wood), this is a really nice SUV, I have most of the bells and whistles and she performs well. I hope you can look past the threads where people r having problems and try out the Ex cuz it is a great ride....so far...780 miles n counting......

Put me down as one of thousands with no issues at all since day 1, include the mft, which I recently upgrade just because.....anyway it has exceeded my expectations.

I have the 2012 Limited loaded and have 8000 miles on her and she is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Previously had a 2004 & 2007 Avalanche which were great vehicles and wanted to get a little better gas mileage so traded in on a 2011 Equinox. That was by far the worst vehicle ever owned, had it 7 months and traded it in on the Explorer. I can not say enough great things about it. I highly recommended the Explorer and they are going to get better with every model year. I say go for it!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just bought a 2013 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD last month. I previously had a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali. I have nothing but praise for the 2013 Explorer. I've had no problems with it. I highly recommend the Explorer to anyone considering purchasing one.

Back