Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

Thanks Cory

I have given up on Ford of Canada Customer Service ......for three issues that I have called them on I get the same answer......."Take it to the Dealership"

I will save the call and just mention it to the dealership.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you talking about the moaning sound I described after mine was done? Like a low pitch jet engine shutting down.. Happens 100% of the time..

No more of a grinding noise like the pads are worn and its metal on metal.

Thanks Cory

I have given up on Ford of Canada Customer Service ......for three issues that I have called them on I get the same answer......."Take it to the Dealership"

I will save the call and just mention it to the dealership.
You’re welcome, Sgt1411; I want to see this resolved once and for all. I also sent you a private message with more details.

Cory

I noticed this problem on certain occasions. I have noticed this squeak noise when the rotors are wet or when the X sits in the cold or rainy days and on downhills. Usually when it is nice out side it does not make any noise on mine. I didnt hear it often but one day after work getting into my X from the train station, the exit is a slight downhill nothing big or long. I warmed up my X to normal temp and it was raining that day. I came to the stop at the downhill and as soon as I hit the brakes I heard this loud squeaking noise like it was grinding metal. I turned the X around and went back to the parking lot to inspect my wheels to see if i could see anything and nothing. I started driving again and it was fine but i kept hearing a noise every time i let off the brake the whole ride home. It wasnt a squeaking noise but a like something is being released from hard pressure which is sticky. Hard to describe the noise. Now knowing this I will take my X in to see what they could do my brakes.

I noticed this problem on certain occasions. I have noticed this squeak noise when the rotors are wet or when the X sits in the cold or rainy days and on downhills. Usually when it is nice out side it does not make any noise on mine. I didnt hear it often but one day after work getting into my X from the train station, the exit is a slight downhill nothing big or long. I warmed up my X to normal temp and it was raining that day. I came to the stop at the downhill and as soon as I hit the brakes I heard this loud squeaking noise like it was grinding metal. I turned the X around and went back to the parking lot to inspect my wheels to see if i could see anything and nothing. I started driving again and it was fine but i kept hearing a noise every time i let off the brake the whole ride home. It wasnt a squeaking noise but a like something is being released from hard pressure which is sticky. Hard to describe the noise. Now knowing this I will take my X in to see what they could do my brakes.

That is pretty much the exact same conditions I experienced.

Same weather, same sounds.

So i got my X back today and the brake squeak was fixed. New pads and they resurfaced the rotors and what ever else was required on the TSB. So far so good. Will be able to tell on the next rainy day here in CT.

Thanks Cory.

So i got my X back today and the brake squeak was fixed. New pads and they resurfaced the rotors and what ever else was required on the TSB. So far so good. Will be able to tell on the next rainy day here in CT.

Thanks Cory.
You’re very welcome, mdc160. Hopefully you get some rain clouds soon. :):thumbsup:

Cory

Had the fix done in February. Started squeaking again and louder by April. Just got it in for service and of course they say they cannot reproduce the squeak even though it does it almost every time I brake. They said that they were going to try to get an engineer to come out and look at it but the request got denied. I am an engineer and I can tell them exactly what is wrong with it but instead they want to treat me like I am making up this problem. This is the last ford I will ever drive. It is the 6th new ford my wife and I have had in the last 12 years but I am not going to pay this much for a vehicle and be treated like I am buying a 14 year old civic at a buy here pay here lot.

Just got back from the dealership. They could not get the brakes to sqeak so no fix again. They pull my explorer around to give it back to us and it is just filthy, covered in dust and grime. Great customer service :thumbdwn:.The new My Ford Touch is nice though. At least my decision for a fun car between a new Mustang GT and 370Z has been made. Just have to get rid of this explorer so I can go get a Lexus.

Good luck to ya...

Update .....I have the grinding noise now that a few others reported having after the fronts were serviced with new parts for this TSB.

Has anyone taken theirs back with the new pads grinding?

Got mine fixed Tuesday...and today was the perfect test, rain last night. Now mine has the grind. It didn't until it got wet.

Had the fix done in February. Started squeaking again and louder by April. Just got it in for service and of course they say they cannot reproduce the squeak even though it does it almost every time I brake. They said that they were going to try to get an engineer to come out and look at it but the request got denied. I am an engineer and I can tell them exactly what is wrong with it but instead they want to treat me like I am making up this problem. This is the last ford I will ever drive. It is the 6th new ford my wife and I have had in the last 12 years but I am not going to pay this much for a vehicle and be treated like I am buying a 14 year old civic at a buy here pay here lot.

Anyone else start squeaking again? I'm personally not replacing brakes each year after Ford says it's no longer their problem. We can't expect them to replace them forever...but one good fix and I am happy.

I'm gonna order new rotors and pads, screw Ford and their ****ty parts. Plus they won't fix mine since I have 18,000 miles on it and was told the brake warranty is only 12,000 even though there is a TSB.

That is if I keep the car any longer as I'm very frustrated with it.

I'm gonna order new rotors and pads, screw Ford and their ****ty parts. Plus they won't fix mine since I have 18,000 miles on it and was told the brake warranty is only 12,000 even though there is a TSB.

That is if I keep the car any longer as I'm very frustrated with it.

12 Months, 18K is the warranty from what I was told.

I was told 12 months, 12,000.

Either way i'm passed it.

My opinion, you weren't when the TSB was released. Not everyone searches for these constantly. Personally, I missed it for many months because I didn't have much play time on the internet.

Doesn't the tsb entail replacing the anchor brackets for updated ones? I thought it is really the anchor bracket that is causing the abnormal sounds. Everything excep the pads is covered under the 36k warranty right?

My 2013 Explorer with 6,500 miles has squeaky brakes as well

Interesting this TSB deals with 2011MY but my 2013 built August 2012 has very squeaky brakes.

Anyone get this TSB done to their 2013?

Check out this problem some flex owners are having;

http://repairpal.com/brake-noise-front-grunting-grinding-030

this describes the problem I am having with my ex exactly. I've had tsb done but the problem is still here. Does anyone else think their problem is similar to the flex's problem. I think the flex and the ex having extremely similar braking systems [if not the same ones].

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My ex's brakes sound like they were lifted off of an 18 wheeler. Occasionally when I brake at low speed and the wheel is turned I get an awful squeak. Already had the squeaky brake tsb done...

Back