• Register Today It's free!

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

182RG

Reaction score
City, State
Winchester, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT / '13 Touareg TDI
If they offer a 2013 JGC Diesel, there will be a very nice 2011 XLT Explorer w/ leather, MFT, 4WD with 10K miles for sale in the No. Virginia area......

Ford needs to realize that there are other vehicles worthy of a diesel engine that don't weigh 4 tons, and have Powerstroke stamped on the side.....

That car in its current configuration comes with 3.0-liter V-6 turbo-charged diesel that develops 237 hp and 405 pound-feet of torque. The EU cycle rates fuel economy at 27 mpg (8.71 l/100 km) in the city and 39 mpg (6.03 l/100 km) on the highway.

http://www.thedieseldriver.com/2012/05/preview-2013-diesel-car-lineup-in-the-u-s/2/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm curious what the performance of that engine in that car would be. I like the idea of a reasonably zippy diesel in a car. The BMW x5 diesel comes to mind. Decent mileage with decent performance. Sign me up!

You'll never see anything made my Chrysler in my driveway... ever... or Government Motors for that matter.... Sorry, it hurts everytime I open my paycheck.

Congrats to Ford on getting the Blue Oval back and bailing themselves out (the reason I have commited to the purchase of our new Explorer!)

You'll never see anything made my Chrysler in my driveway... ever... or Government Motors for that matter.... Sorry, it hurts everytime I open my paycheck.

Congrats to Ford on getting the Blue Oval back and bailing themselves out (the reason I have commited to the purchase of our new Explorer!)

Well said, and I agree.

Does the Jeep have a spare tire? Or is that where the tank of pee goes? OK, so it's urea, but it's basically pee. How often does the urea tank need to be refilled? How expensive is it? What happens if you run out? I'll give you a hint- no more vroom vroom noises until you fill up the bottle.

I'm in favor of diesels too, but our legislators have screwed it up pretty good for us.

Does the Jeep have a spare tire? Or is that where the tank of pee goes? OK, so it's urea, but it's basically pee. How often does the urea tank need to be refilled? How expensive is it? What happens if you run out? I'll give you a hint- no more vroom vroom noises until you fill up the bottle.

I'm in favor of diesels too, but our legislators have screwed it up pretty good for us.

Generally a 5 gallon tank, under the spare tire or vicinity. The Adblue (Urea) is available at WalMart, most auto parts stores, and is about $4 a gallon. On the VWs (Passat, Toureg), 5 gallons is designed to last 15,000 miles. You top off at the 10K oil change, with a buffer of 5K miles.

I'm curious what the performance of that engine in that car would be. I like the idea of a reasonably zippy diesel in a car. The BMW x5 diesel comes to mind. Decent mileage with decent performance. Sign me up!

My 2008 had less HP and WAY less torque. It's not zippy, but it's drivable.

My 2008 had less HP and WAY less torque. It's not zippy, but it's drivable.

I was going off the website 0-60 of 6.9 secs, which is zippy enough for me for such a large vehicle :)

182rg, I agree. That's the fuel mileage I've been waiting for. I will also trade in my 2012 Limited AWD, let someone else take it back to the dealer for it's third attempt at fixing the transmission bump, A pillar fix, creaky front suspension, burning oil smell and rain roof noise.

that's quite naive of you without getting into a political discussion your pocket must hurt everytime you eat a bowl of cereal or fly in a plane...

Back on topic I agree with the OP that the diesel offerings from Ford in North America suck

Call me naive, I speak the truth and it hurts some. Ford has set themselves up for a great future and that is not political..... Just plain smart.....

Wtf???? Give it a rest. The loans were paid back.

The Chrysler GC Limited has really changed my mind about Chrysler, I was looking at them last week. I was the same as the others in my opinion of Government Motors and Chrysler.

While the fact that Ford didn't use tax payer $$ to dig themselves out of a situation the big three created themselves is admirable but Im still frustrated with the way Explorer owners are being treated.

The purchase of a new vehicle instead of a used one is more expensive and one of those reasons its more expensive is that its covered under warranty. Like many I bought my Ex because it had specific technology advancements over the competition.

All I want is that technology to work as promised, but it doesn't.

Being told to "Take it to the dealership" 10X is not the answer.

Just remember...buying something from Chrysler isn't buying American any more. More foreign owned crap.

Just remember...buying something from Chrysler isn't buying American any more. More foreign owned crap.

Good point....its almost a Fiat Grand Cherokee

I'm pretty sure the diesel engine, if it's offered, will be a PSA sourced engine.... not like the old Mercedes sourced engines of the past... they'll be loud, rattly and nowhere near as good...

Si

Wtf???? Give it a rest. The loans were paid back.

Actually Chrysler took out other loans to pay back the government so they "paid" theirs off to me doesn't really count. And GM still is partially owned by the government obviously so they are not really free to do whatever they want.
I do have a friend who owns a 2012 JGC and he so far has had nothing but compliments for it. But diesel is still too expensive (.40 cents more in Ohio) right now compared to gas for it to have a lot of popularity even with better MPG and power. Ford has said they won't add diesel engines until gas and diesel is the same price or gas is significantly more expensive I.E. Europe.

Just took one (JGC) for a test drive, very nice truck....priced similiar to the Explorer.

Jeep has really improved their fit and finish and the PentaStar V6 is very smooth.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just took one (JGC) for a test drive, very nice truck....priced similiar to the Explorer.

Jeep has really improved their fit and finish and the PentaStar V6 is very smooth.

... If you don't mind not having a 3rd row seat.

Back