SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

I thought about that as I was hitting send. :eek: You got me! I owe you one.

Hehe right!
I was thinking about this. I never went through the sign up procedure for the trial. Not sure if there is even one. Anyway perhaps Sirius is trying to contact whomever the dealer or salesperson who was driving the EX I bought as a demo

Thanks all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hehe right!
I was thinking about this. I never went through the sign up procedure for the trial. Not sure if there is even one. Anyway perhaps Sirius is trying to contact whomever the dealer or salesperson who was driving the EX I bought as a demo

Thanks all
I didn't have to sign up for the 6 months either to activate SIRIUS. I think the dealerships do this when they initially receive the vehicles and the trial period starts at that time regardless of whether the vehicle is pre sold or sitting on the lot.

Peter

My trial sub expired 6 months to the day, almost to the hour from when I drove it off the lot.

FWIW- I did end up renewing for 1 year @ 77.00 (~90.00 after tax and fee).

Thanks for the "help" thread guys! My original renewal from Sirius was $144.90/1 year. After reading on this forum, I called Sirus tonight and asked about $77/1 year. I had to be put on hold for a few minutes, but just when I thought I had been hung up on, the rep came back and said they would honor the promo.

After taxes and royalty fees, total is $84.55/year.

My trial is up on the 17th of this month. The phone calls started about a month ago along with letters in the mail to renew. I called last night and was told the best they could do for the basic 130 channels was 14.49/mo + taxes. If I want to continue to be able to listed to O&A and get travel link it's 250 per year!

If I have time today I'll call and see if I can get that price down.

My trial is up on the 17th of this month. The phone calls started about a month ago along with letters in the mail to renew. I called last night and was told the best they could do for the basic 130 channels was 14.49/mo + taxes. If I want to continue to be able to listed to O&A and get travel link it's 250 per year!

If I have time today I'll call and see if I can get that price down.
In Canada it is $14.99/month + taxes or $164/yr + taxes. We don't have Travel Link here yet and won't have until the Sirius and XM merger is completed.
I'm thinking of just letting my subscription run out in September.

Peter

let it run out, you will start getting the 6mo/25 dollar deal in about 2-3 months. I cancelled xm/sirius on both my cars a while ago and i am still getting these promo emails and pamphlets in the mail almost monthly..... they need you, don't let them shake you down for ridiculous amounts!!! they are hurting, especially with smartphones and HD radio lately

let it run out, you will start getting the 6mo/25 dollar deal in about 2-3 months. I cancelled xm/sirius on both my cars a while ago and i am still getting these promo emails and pamphlets in the mail almost monthly..... they need you, don't let them shake you down for ridiculous amounts!!! they are hurting, especially with smartphones and HD radio lately

They called me immediately after my 6mo trial expired in early March with a half priced 6 mo and 12 mo deal. I signed up for the 12 mo deal.

Thanks for the "help" thread guys! My original renewal from Sirius was $144.90/1 year. After reading on this forum, I called Sirus tonight and asked about $77/1 year. I had to be put on hold for a few minutes, but just when I thought I had been hung up on, the rep came back and said they would honor the promo.

After taxes and royalty fees, total is $84.55/year.
I'm being offered $148 a year ....... Got two weeks left and I keep telling them it's to much, make me a better offer. They say nothing else is available, but I tell them it's a no go unless they rethink their offer. I'll just let it lapse until they come around to my way of thinking. If it shuts off for a month, so be it! ;)

I'm being offered $148 a year ....... Got two weeks left and I keep telling them it's to much, make me a better offer. They say nothing else is available, but I tell them it's a no go unless they rethink their offer. I'll just let it lapse until they come around to my way of thinking. If it shuts off for a month, so be it! ;)

You are exactly right. You have to let it expire, then a different sales department calls you and offers the $77.00 plus tax deal. Music only no traffic.

I was able to negotiate the $77/year offer WITHOUT letting my subscription expire. I just called the renewal number and asked about their offers. Once the guy was done giving his pitch, I said I received an "email" about the $77/year. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said they would in fact honor the deal.

Also, my wife and I opted to not renew with Travel Link since we felt it really didn't add all that much value. Of course, your situation may vary; but since my wife isn't driving the Ex nearly that much, it makes sense to not have Travel Link.

on our other vehicle, i called the day before it expired and asked them to cancel it and remove my credit card from their system. they offered me the 50% off rate right then to remain a customer.

a few months ago when my explorer's 6 month trial was running out (ran out 6 months to the day from when i purchased) sirius called about 2 weeks before the subscription was up and asked if i'd like to continue with uninterrupted service. i declined and said the price they were offering was too expensive. they offered me the 50% deal right off the bat and i didn't need to have it lapse.

The daily calls continue for me. On Sat night I told them I've read about better deals on the internet and they told me they can only offer whats on the paper but could transfer me to another department for that offer. I declined. It expires tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get a call tonight.

If I can get the 77 dollar deal for three years I'll do that right now but I doubt they will offer that to me. I like the travel link but I'm not willing to pay extra for it. I'm also pissed I'd have to pay extra to listen to O&A which I'm also not going to do.

If I pay for the internet ability are all the channels included?

I renewed last night for 1 year at 50% off. With taxes, royalty fee, and travel link, the total was $127.

I agree. My subscription expired in March and less than a month later I got a letter in the mail with the 6 months for $25 deal. I added Travel Link to the deal so the total with taxes ended up being just over $47 for 6 months.

I agree. My subscription expired in March and less than a month later I got a letter in the mail with the 6 months for $25 deal. I added Travel Link to the deal so the total with taxes ended up being just over $47 for 6 months.

Did your travel link include the traffic? Mine shows unsubscribed right now for traffic and subscribed for everything else. On SiriusXM's website it says traffic is included with travel link on Ford vehicles. But for some reason I have the Sirius Premier package even though my receipt says Sirius Select.

Did your travel link include the traffic? Mine shows unsubscribed right now for traffic and subscribed for everything else. On SiriusXM's website it says traffic is included with travel link on Ford vehicles. But for some reason I have the Sirius Premier package even though my receipt says Sirius Select.

No, traffic was not included. I didn't really use it that often so I chose not to include it. Maybe the website is referring to the introductory subscription?

Anyone with recent prices here? My 6 months expires this week, and I'm curious if folks are still able to get the $77 deal.

Anyone with recent prices here? My 6 months expires this week, and I'm curious if folks are still able to get the $77 deal.

I just renewed and my total came to $94.61 including all taxes and fees. I think they had a recent price increase.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just renewed and my total came to $94.61 including all taxes and fees. I think they had a recent price increase.

Thanks vegastime ... did you:
1) Wait for your trial to expire?
2) Call them up directly or get a phone call/letter with that rate? If you called them, how much "haggling" did you have to do?

Back