Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise | Page 49 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I had the tsb done twice... still the same...did NOT correct the problem...... waiting on response from ford

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally got my car back to the dealer this afternoon. The SA that aia deal with and the Trim Tech , both looked and all they could do was @$#^%$&*up and down about this TSB and Ford the way they have not come up with a suitable fix. They are fixing and re fixing minimum 12 per month. They are good people to deal with so I am not going to loose my cool as yet. Cory, I know you asked for a PM I am in Canada so I will see how it turns out this time , then get either you involved or if required will call Ford Canada direct.

I had the tsb done twice... still the same...did NOT correct the problem...... waiting on response from ford
I want to set up a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area, DR.J. Could you please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state?

...Cory, I know you asked for a PM I am in Canada so I will see how it turns out this time , then get either you involved or if required will call Ford Canada direct.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, shoeman.

Cory

I haven't taken my 2012 in for a few months since just driving around town. It sounds like Ford has a TSB out but I was told when I called that mine has none outstanding on it. I am so sick and tired of the sound at highway speed I am ready to sell the truck rather than take a summer family trip in it.

What does everyone do to get the dealer to actually replace the damn molding/windshield? Is that the TSB? Hate hate hate hitting 65-70mph.

So the new moldings don't work? Is this still hopeless??

Is the actual TSB number a secret? I am interested in bringing the part numbers and TSB number to my service manager at the dealership since he has told me that there isn't one. Is this the "newer" TSB?
<i>
12-1-11 A-PILLAR TRIM RATTLE AND/OR BUZZ - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 11/21/2011
Publication Date: January 19, 2012

PART NUMBER PART NAME
BB5Z-7803136-AB Moulding (Right Hand)
BB5Z-7803137-AB Moulding (Left Hand)

And according to my dealer statement, the parts used were as follows:

BB5Z-7803136-AB
BB5Z-7803137-AB
BB5Z-7803136-BA
BB5Z-7803137-BA

So what you guys are recommending is that if I am currently experiencing intermittent wind noise, DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO PERFORM THE FIX, it will make an intermittent problem into a permanent problem. Or take at least 3 visits to the dealer to rectify.

Both sides of mine were replaced 2 weeks ago and it was fixed right the 1st time. It is all about the tech/install.

Is the actual TSB number a secret? I am interested in bringing the part numbers and TSB number to my service manager at the dealership since he has told me that there isn't one. Is this the "newer" TSB?
<i>

PART NUMBER PART NAME

And according to my dealer statement, the parts used were as follows:

BB5Z-7803136-AB
BB5Z-7803137-AB
BB5Z-7803136-BA
BB5Z-7803137-BA

The TSB number is 12-1-11. It's no secret. It is shown before the description of the what the TSB is for.
I just give the number to my dealer and he looks it up on his computer. If you don't have the number, they should be able to pull up all TSB's linked to your vehicle on their service computer. At least my dealer can.

Peter

<i>

PART NUMBER PART NAME

Those were the 2 parts listed on mine, not 4 like you posted that I didnt quote.

As stated if you can move the a pillar it will rattle, picked up mine and the first thing I did was checked to see if they were loose and they were. Told the service manager they were and he said if was fine, they flew off the next day. Told them they need to replace the clips that hold them on also, guess what they listened and reinstalled the 3rd set and they are nice and quiet, has been this quiet ever! If they dont believe you show them the hundreds of posts about the a pillar noise

My dealer fixed the passenger side A pillar on 12-15-11, then I had him do the driver side on 1-24-12. That totally fixed it for my 2011 XLT. My Explorer is quiet at highway speeds since.

Had mine replaced and after a couple of weeks its back. Ohhhhh well. Nice try Ford.

Same here..... they did the TSB and it still does it.......

Had mine done last fall, it's back making noise, in fact my interior has more noises than a rail car going down the tracks! The Ex has been in the sop so many times, the service department should pay my payment.

Had both sides down in February. All good. My Ex is very quiet.

Had mine replaced and after a couple of weeks its back...
I wanted to check in with you to see if you’re still hearing it, chimoman.

My dealer fixed the passenger side A pillar on 12-15-11, then I had him do the driver side on 1-24-12. That totally fixed it for my 2011 XLT. My Explorer is quiet at highway speeds since.
Had both sides down in February. All good. My Ex is very quiet.
Captfx & GWA1,

I’m glad you’re enjoying a quiet ride now. :)

Same here..... they did the TSB and it still does it.......
I reached out on another thread to offer my help, DR.J. In case you missed it, please send a PM with your contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealer name/state so I can arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your region.

Had mine done last fall, it's back making noise, in fact my interior has more noises than a rail car going down the tracks!...
Spengracin,

I have your info from before, so drop me a line via PM and I’ll arrange a follow-up call.

Cory

Cory I believe Chimoman is long gone. Sold his Ex out of frustration and bought a new vehicle.

Cory, had mine done already and the buzzing was heard on my drive home from the dealer. If I take it back, what will they do differently? Just redue the original TSB, or is there a super duper fix?

Had mine done last fall, it's back making noise, in fact my interior has more noises than a rail car going down the tracks! The Ex has been in the sop so many times, the service department should pay my payment.

I was offered a stall in the service bay with my name on it:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hear ya, my glove box is back rattling again. Might try a different dealer, I don't know, I'm trying to be patient with Ford, but I'm coming to the end of the road with Ford.

Back