I'm furious at my dealer, words cannot express it! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm furious at my dealer, words cannot express it!

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
So, I called them a few days ago to talk to them about the problems I'm having with my Explorer.

Besides for the constant Nav problems, and other issues that we all share, my Ex has developed a water leak when it rains. It was in another dealer to be checked out and they weren't able to find it.

So, it happened again and I called the dealer that I bought it from and asked to speak to the GM about it. He, actually being the owner of the dealership, wasn't available, so I was given his nephew, who is the assistant GM.

I explained to him that I'm extremely unhappy with what is going on with the vehicle, and the water leak is the final straw, that I'm going to file a lemon law complaint.

His response to that was that he could initiate a Ford buy back, or look into getting a new vehicle for me if I'd like to stay with the Explorer. I agreed that would be acceptable, and he said he would go talk to the service manager and his uncle, the owner, and get back to me later in the day. This was late Tuesday. I didn't hear back from him, so I called a little while ago. The owner wasn't there, and neither was the guy that I spoke to on Tuesday. I was told the owner would back in a little while and he'd call me.

So, I got a call 30 minutes later and was promptly told that everything that was told to me was not true, and there were no programs like this at all offered by Ford. He has no idea why he would tell me this, and is going to have a discussion with him tomorrow and then have him call me back.

Needless to say, I am absolutely furious at this point. I have a lemon of a vehicle that they can't fix and is developing more problems as I keep it, and then when I confront the dealership about it, I am lied to and told stories to try and keep me happy when all it is doing is making me hate Ford even more.

So, I have the paperwork ready, it will be filled out as soon as I have free time, and this story will be incorporated into it as more proof that Ford doesn't care about fixing problems or pleasing their customers.

This will be my last Ford ever purchased, and I will no longer recommend them to anyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I am one that can certainly relate. I hope it all works out for you.

Welcome to the Explorer Lemon Law Club.

Membership continues to grow.

In 19 years of driving, I have never owned a vehicle that leaked before. That is completely unacceptable, period.

9 out of 10 times I find myself having to do the investigative research to locate/isolate the problem so I can then point it out to the dealership. If I don't, they can't find it. Often I find the problem in half the time it takes for them to tell me they can't find a problem.

Throw someone in the car to be your spotter, then sit there with a hose drenching the suspect area and have your spotter try to locate the problem.

Seems ridiculous that you have to go through this yourself, but sometimes its the only option.

In 19 years of driving, I have never owned a vehicle that leaked before. That is completely unacceptable, period.

I have. My wrangler had a crappy cowl design where leaves would clog it and overflow to the passenger floor.

Doesn't help you, but it happens. I got nowhere near the runaround you have gotten from a dealer though. It's really too bad for Ford that they have dealers like that.

9 out of 10 times I find myself having to do the investigative research to locate/isolate the problem so I can then point it out to the dealership. If I don't, they can't find it. Often I find the problem in half the time it takes for them to tell me they can't find a problem.

Throw someone in the car to be your spotter, then sit there with a hose drenching the suspect area and have your spotter try to locate the problem.

Seems ridiculous that you have to go through this yourself, but sometimes its the only option.

I'd have to pull the whole headliner out. It's dripping in through the opening for the 3rd row passenger side seatbelt.

I'd have to pull the whole headliner out. It's dripping in through the opening for the 3rd row passenger side seatbelt.

Sounds like its the roof seam above that area or where the roof rails mount at that area......stick it to them until you get the result you deserve.

Sounds like its the roof seam above that area or where the roof rails mount at that area......stick it to them until you get the result you deserve.

I'm filing the lemon law paperwork this weekend, when I have time to fill it all out as it's like 20+ pages.

Wow sorry to hear Your having second thoughts about the new Ex , I Personally would not buy another new car unless I hit the lottery or Inherit Some Insane Amount , Just No Need for Something (new) , Unless I have A Child soon I won't be buying any new Auto , Good Luck With The Stealership , I Mean Dealership !

Did you try escalating it through Cory? pm fordcustsvc or post on their twitter

...Besides for the constant Nav problems, and other issues that we all share, my Ex has developed a water leak when it rains...
I want to help make this right, harlenm; I have your Explorer’s info from before, so please PM me your current mileage and I’ll arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Did you try escalating it through Cory?...
I appreciate the shout-out, phareous.

Cory

I want to help make this right, harlenm; I have your Explorer’s info from before, so please PM me your current mileage and I’ll arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Cory

Waiting to hear back from another dealer. They actually looked for the leak but were unable to find one last time it was there.

I've decided to end my relationship with the dealer that I bought the car from. Will be taking it to this new dealer from now on.

I am in the same position as you - file the paperwork. This vehicle should have never been brought to the market. Greatest example - they couldnt even align the ******* trim from the dash to the door and Fords response is that its a charecteristic of the vehicle. Nice try Ford.

I am glad to hear some of you dont have all these issues and you enjoy your car but this is just plain old ridiculous.

3rd row seatbelt roof leak

I had same problem ,water running down 3rd row passenger seatbelt,soaking spare tire area and rusting seat pivot on my 2012 EXP.After the dealer had it for a couple days, taking it to a body shop for repair,they said they fixed it by taking roof rack rail off and sealing a small hole.Well, next time it rained it leaked like before. I decided to try to find the leak myself so I removed the pillar cover around the seatbelt and ran water into the channel where the hatch meets the roof. Sure enough ,water was running in very close to where the hatch hinge bolts through the roof. In the channel right in front of hinge there's an overlap seam that didn't appear to have any sealer on it so I got some body sealer and sealed both the seam and around hinge.Ran water over it.NO leak. After a couple days letting sealer dry ,I brushed a little touch-up paint over sealer.It's barely noticeable in the channel.

Back