The one feature you never seem to use & the 1 feature you use? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The one feature you never seem to use & the 1 feature you use?

spitfisher

Reaction score
City, State
New England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
The one feature I never seem to use or care for is the street by street directions of sync. Tried it once and it just seemed to be to combersome to deal with.

Also the terrain management has yet to be realised after 16,000 to mild of a winter and have not needed it pulling my boat out of the water on a wet dock ramp.

The one feature I always seem to use is the motorized hatch open. I load and unload a lot.
7f5c12b4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use the voice commands lots. I also love the cooled seats this time of year.

I have not used the Active Park Assist.

I have used the active park assist once. I have parallel parked the car manually twice.

I use remote start almost daily.

Least (never) used; (those plastic clips on the sun visor).:) , Active Park Assist - tried it once and it had a bad sensor fault. Very little call for this feature in the town where I live.
Most used; Adaptive Cruise Control.

Peter

Least used: as Peter said, those visor clips....

Most used: the little cup where the terrain select would normally be on the AWD's. I use it as a candy dish!

IMG_2092.jpg

As a female that does not carry a purse, I use that visor clip for my punch card for Cherry Berry (frozen yogurt place in my town, don't want to leave home without it, lol). I also like the one in the center console, use that for insurance cards. I also use the interactive dash/steering wheel controls a lot for changing radio stations and my climate. (getting to the point where I don't even have to look at it to change it). My hubby uses the Dual temp feature ALL the time, I like it nice and toasty, he disagrees, lol. (and my 4yo loves that he has vents in the back as well now). Use the rear camera a lot! Has actually saved me a couple of times...well saved other drivers I should say. Also nice to have with my son, he usually doesn't play in the driveway, but I am always nervous when he is in the yard and I am backing out.

I only use the voice controls for phone calls usually (unless someone new is in the car and I am showing off, lol). I have not used the terrain select, although I haven't really taken it anywhere to use it yet. Maybe this winter... haven't used the remote start much yet, but definately this winter! I also rarely use the keyless entry, just a few times when I have had my hands full with the carseat and forgot to dig my keys out.

As a female that does not carry a purse, I use that visor clip for my punch card for Cherry Berry (frozen yogurt place in my town, don't want to leave home without it, lol). I also like the one in the center console, use that for insurance cards. I also use the interactive dash/steering wheel controls a lot for changing radio stations and my climate. (getting to the point where I don't even have to look at it to change it). My hubby uses the Dual temp feature ALL the time, I like it nice and toasty, he disagrees, lol. (and my 4yo loves that he has vents in the back as well now). Use the rear camera a lot! Has actually saved me a couple of times...well saved other drivers I should say. Also nice to have with my son, he usually doesn't play in the driveway, but I am always nervous when he is in the yard and I am backing out.

I only use the voice controls for phone calls usually (unless someone new is in the car and I am showing off, lol). I have not used the terrain select, although I haven't really taken it anywhere to use it yet. Maybe this winter... haven't used the remote start much yet, but definately this winter! I also rarely use the keyless entry, just a few times when I have had my hands full with the carseat and forgot to dig my keys out.
That's not fair. The request was for one of each. ;)

Peter

LOVE the turn by turn instructions. Went on a 2000 mile trip to see 22 clients and the Nav worked perfectly. Used voice commands for "Destination Address" for each client, and it started took me door to door without any problems at all. It even took me on a short cut thru the corn fields of Indiana and Ohio to get to northern Cincinnati at rush hour and I got there 30 minutes quicker than I would have going the way I thought I should go.

I never use the all terrain drive. Probably because I don't have one :D

I use the little holder to put my small flip phone in.

the more I use the MFT, the more I LIKE IT !

Never use: voice commands
Always use: remote start
Rarely use: navigation
Use frequently: cooled seats and power liftgate

Most used:all the remote features like auto lift gate, auto start
Never used: I think I've used everything at least once. Somebody surprise me. I like surprises
Least used: key pad security control entry. I always have my keys with me and the door Always unlocks

Most used, adaptive cruise control
Least used, push button door combo

I've only had the car a few days but the most used feature for me is the keyless/proximity entry. It is so nice to just grab the handle and it unlocks...whereas my older car I had to hit the button the key fob.

I have yet to use the active parking assist. I tried to use it a school near my house (who has the two barriers setup for parallel parking training) but it would not work. I assume it has to have actual cars there and not just a wooden barrier.

I've only had the car a few days but the most used feature for me is the keyless/proximity entry. It is so nice to just grab the handle and it unlocks...whereas my older car I had to hit the button the key fob.

I have yet to use the active parking assist. I tried to use it a school near my house (who has the two barriers setup for parallel parking training) but it would not work. I assume it has to have actual cars there and not just a wooden barrier.
Of course, the keyless lock/unlock. Never thought of that when I entered my post. I use that everytime I take the vehicle out.

Peter

The one feature I never use is the securicode keyless entry keypad
and the one I use the most is voice commands for making calls and tuning stations

never used: keypad on door, park assist, the hill decent option??
rarely use: A/C seats (too cold), auto fold seats, sunroof.
always use: power lift gate, voice commands, cruise control, heated seats in winter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Also the terrain management has yet to be realised after 16,000 to mild of a winter and have not needed it pulling my boat out of the water on a wet dock ramp...
...I have not used the Active Park Assist.
I have used the active park assist once. I have parallel parked the car manually twice...
never used: keypad on door, park assist, the hill decent option??...
I really love this thread, guys! My challenge to everyone is to choose one item that you listed you “never use” and use it more often! :D

Least (never) used; (those plastic clips on the sun visor).:) , Active Park Assist - tried it once and it had a bad sensor fault. Very little call for this feature in the town where I live.
Most used; Adaptive Cruise Control...
Have you had the sensor checked out at the dealer, Peter?

Cory

Back