• Register Today It's free!

Random question

DanielJ

Reaction score
City, State
Arkansas.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford explorer V6.
Ive googled this but only come up with intelligence agency. No matter how i phrased it. But what is a CIA?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont know about a cia but a cai is a cold air intake

That's what I thought but he Said he's positive it's Called CIA that he was told to change.

A buddy of mine out here. His car sputters and acts as if its bogging out and the mechanic he called said it was called a CIA. He was telling me about it at work and i work nights so they were open to call but hes calling back today to find out what he meant.

the only logical thing i can think it may stand for is "cold air induction"

but then again that means he said it wrong or is retarded.

Culinary Institute of America.

"Well there's your problem... Your culinary institute is bad, you need a new one."

"Well there's your problem... Your culinary institute is bad, you need a new one."

"Might as well top off your headlight fluid while you're at it..."

A buddy of mine out here. His car sputters and acts as if its bogging out and the mechanic he called said it was called a CIA. He was telling me about it at work and i work nights so they were open to call but hes calling back today to find out what he meant.

You mean an IAC valve?

IAC Valve, which stands for Idle Air Control, and is a very probably culprit for the symptoms you describe.

ha well thats from the mouth of an Arkansas mechanic. thats why i asked on here, i googled the crap out of it and still nothing. Everyones said he most likely means CAI. The last time i had a mechanic help me he said that the p205 code i got was because my muffler had a leak.. Last time i checked there are no "sensors" in a muffler. Real cause was a throttle body.

ha well thats from the mouth of an Arkansas mechanic. thats why i asked on here, i googled the crap out of it and still nothing. Everyones said he most likely means CAI. The last time i had a mechanic help me he said that the p205 code i got was because my muffler had a leak.. Last time i checked there are no "sensors" in a muffler. Real cause was a throttle body.

He was probably thinking that the muffler bearings had to be greased

IAC Valve, which stands for Idle Air Control, and is a very probably culprit for the symptoms you describe.

More likely this^

If your buddy has a CAI(Cold Air Intake) or an oiled drop-in-filter(K&N), it's possible that the filter is over oiled and will coat the MAF sensor, also causing similar issues.

Do a quick search on here to find how to clean the IAC(very easy and I've done it) as well as cleaning the MAF sensor(once again, very easy to do). After doing those two, then see how it runs. Report back your findings:salute:

Yeah, ive had that happened to me when i put on my afe intake. I just went to autozone and got maf cleaner and all was well again.

Back