Looking for info on a custom sub enclosure for a 2002 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for info on a custom sub enclosure for a 2002 Explorer

VTexplorer89

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
Alright so I've been doing some serious googling and searching this forum trying to find info for a custom box for a 2002 explorer. I wanna save the trunk so I'm looking for something subtle. Everyone seems to post about 01 or earlier, and it's a different fit. I really wanna put the enclosure/amp in the rear driver's side panel (where the net is) and the compartment underneath. Seems like it was made for it. I don't know a lot about custom work on cars, so if anyone has done this before or has ideas on how to go about it, i would appreciate it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sub:
DSCF1908.jpg

Installed:
DSCF1909.jpg

Amp:
DSCF0370.jpg

DSCF0372.jpg

i got the jl audio stealthbox...sits on the drivers side of the cargo area and the amps on the right

Attachments

• stealthbox.jpg
    stealthbox.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,894
  • cargo area.jpg
    cargo area.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 12,127

i got the jl audio stealthbox...sits on the drivers side of the cargo area and the amps on the right

does it sounds good?? im trying to install a sound system on my 2007 explorer, but I don't want to loose trunk space, if possible. Im being looking at this JK stealthbox, but they pricey.

i have a realy dier question! if you have rear a/c within your 2002 explorer is there anyway to fit the stealthbox back there? modify it? anything i want subs but i have to have rear a/c and 3rd row! if anything wuts a system i could use with a third row. pleas respond! if anything send me an email at christopherhenton1151@gmail.com i would appreciate it!

Find an OEM enclosure, goes on the right side where the net is

whats a site i should use to find this i went to the site you gave me but i couldnt see any pics. explorer specific subs. do you have any pics for me plz! ive sen one on subthump.com but im worried it wont fit with rear a/c.

Yes, the JL subs sound great - the ones that come in the Stealthbox are not their top-of-the-line, but they ARE optimized for that size enclosure. They'll sounds good the minute you hook them up. Take some time to dial them in, and you'll have great sound.

I recommend a JL amp, too. I used to run all JL Audio in a Jeep I had years ago, and it was one of the best-sounding systems I've ever had, and really, ever heard in a car. You have to spend ALOT more money to get something better...

If what you want is a ground-shaker, though, look elsewhere. These are not designed to rattle fillings out of the teeth of the people 6 cars away...

does it sounds good?? im trying to install a sound system on my 2007 explorer, but I don't want to loose trunk space, if possible. Im being looking at this JK stealthbox, but they pricey.

Back